Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I where do you all purchase your digital movies at with a good deals? I want to buy the John Wick Collection digitally. Should I do Prime video or Vudu?

Watching Creed 2 right now.

Not the first time, but haven’t seen it since it came out.

I’m sorry, but Michael B. Jordan is an average actor, at best.

I loved The Wire as much as anyone.

…but the idea that he’s this generation’s Denzel Washington is laughable to me.

GeoffTrappFakeGigs_1024x1024.jpg

I where do you all purchase your digital movies at with a good deals? I want to buy the John Wick Collection digitally. Should I do Prime video or Vudu?
Vudu usually. But I'll have a Slickdeals alert for digital movies and check the sales. Movies Anywhere is my first choice but they don't have all studios like Vudu. I also make sure that I link my AMC stubs account to my Fandango account and then I purchase all of my theater tickets on Fandango and I'll still get my AMC benefits. So I'll double dip my points for AMC and Fandango and then I can get a $5 promo code which I'll typically use for digital purchases on Vudu

His performances in Fruitvale and Black Panther stick out to me as his resume. I haven't seen Creed since it came out (never seen the sequels), it'd be like seeing it for the first time if I watched it again.

John Wick 4....7.8/8 What a damn movie. Seeing it in Dolby was worth it...that begging sequence of him hitting the bag, felt like the whole theater was about to explode :lol: . Didn't even feel like a 3 hour movie. Some of the best action scenes I've seen in a movie. Dragons breath :wow: Loved all of the new characters. Can't wait for this to come out on 4k :lol:

Love all 4, but I think I'm gonna go with

1>4(by a real small margin)>3>2

Thought I was watching Dom Toretto for a minute in the Paris traffic circle scene :lol:

Last edited:
I just finished The King of Comedy. Probably my favorite movie I’ve seen this year, I absolutely loved it.

“It’s better to be a king for a day than a shmuck for a lifetime.” 🔥

Creed III was great 7/8

I really liked this. Even though it was 2 hours I would've liked for an extra 30 min just too better explore Damien's time locked up and his plan that went off without a hitch effortlessly.

Michael B. was dope in this but I found his directing even more impressive. When Felix had his introduction and the dude with skull mask came through with the smoke I was being transported to a whole other place.

The duality shots throughout between Adonis and Damien were dope. The training montage, between the walls stop and stare, going back and forth with the young versions of themselves.

The subplots were just okay but they did keep the story going. The mom was pretty wrong and her death simply didn't hit me cuz of what she did. Didn't know Donny was soft like that and just forgot about his friend. Pretty cold-blooded. In a real underdog story Damien wins. Cuz Adonis is pretty much all the why in the wrong. Damien deserves a rematch.

Real talk, Damien is just a cheater though. Mans played wild dirty to be champion and for w/e reason didn't do that to Adonis and got his *** beat cuz he's older and spent almost 20 years in prison. Funny enough they stressed this so much I felt something was wrong and i come to find out Majors is younger than Jordan :lol: I don't know why they went so hard on that story fact. The whole set up to get that shot was foul too.

The fights were great. Only thing the 3rd act was missing was a 'Checkmate' line maybe even twice for both to cap this off.

Unsure future story wise. Every story for every movie going forward is now going to be about something forcing Creed out of retirement.

John Wick 4 was amazing 6.8/8

I'll get the con out the why early. This is a bit too long. Maybe shave 20 min off? Cuz while the action scenes are the majority of the movie there are these quiet slower inbetween scenes to transition to the next action piece that become noticeable and its not like the dialog is that compelling.

Other than that this was pure greatness. Donnie Yen is that dude. He killed it as a blind swordsman and his character's story is just really good and ****** up given what he had to do.

The movie hit me hard to star plot wise when Lance Reddick's character dies. I honestly was not expecting that.

This dude Wick is a superhuman. Falling down all those flights of stairs. The way it kept happening **** became Police Academy funny. Mind you he had 5 min to get there but son spent 10 min falling :lol: Then at the club fell down a full two flights to the floor like his shoulder and back didn't break. Got up and kept fighting. Madness. That happening is why I do not buy the ending.

All the fights were great but I really liked the kill mission he had to go on top get back in the family. That target was giving me Austin Powers Fat Bastard and Blob from Wolverine Origins vibes but it was so great cuz dude could actually fight. He was throwing down with John and held his own. Really fooled the audience given he started off running away like a coward.

Anyway, great movie. Not buying the ending. They keep stalling on showing who actually sits at the table. 4 movies and all we saw are underpasses and family leaders. Time to reveal at least one person that sits at the table and have them face off with John. He can't help himself so its should be easy.

That after credit scene :smh: Further emphasizes how ducked up that characters journey and decisions after getting dragged in to it.

65 6/8

Cool popcorn flick. Typical dad whose work keeps him from home finds a proxy daughter to protect on dinosaur earth. If done right in the future it can be a franchise. This movie was definitive given where and when they left the planet. Not the same but the movie has similar themes with The Last of Us. Got that Lone Wolf and Cub daughter companion thing going and the environmental dangers.

I initially thought this would be something else involving humans going back in time to when dinosaurs ran earth but this basically makes them aliens that probably are on some chariot of the gods/panspermia steez.

Last edited:
The Witches of Eastwick
(1987, Jack Nicholson, Cher,
Susan Sarandon, Michelle Pfeiffer)

The Dirty Dozen (1967)

Michael Clayton (2007)

A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)

Any of these worth going back to, they’re on HBO’s TCM bit

^^^ I’ll never understand how people - on film sets or otherwise - can behave like what’s attributed to Mike Myers. (And this isn’t the first story I’ve read the called him out for being a colossal *** hole).

It’s not that hard to be just a decent human. :smh:

CD1D5530-823B-44B6-B4C7-E911AEF10CC7.jpeg

“The longest line of dialogue that Reeves has is in a scene with co-star Hiroyuki Sanada, who plays Shimazu Koji where Wick says, “You and I left a good life behind a long time ago, my friend.””

I noticed that. Its pretty glaring how little he talks.

I just figured John was concussed 40 min into the movie.

From falling down two flights in that club to falling down all those park steps :lol: To start though he jumped out a building window.

Thinking about it more, the John Wick character has been a man of relatively few words from the jump. It makes sense that he’d have even less to say after everything that has transpired since JW1.

Back
Top Bottom