Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Jake Lloyd acted better in episode 1 than hayden did in eps 2 and 3. The whiny way hayden said stuff and the robotic tone of his voice the other times was so bad. Found out darth vader was a little bia.
Hayden was so bad that it made Jake an Oscar nominee for best actor.

Air was very good. I would say it's suffered from the stakes not being high enough I guess because we know what happens so it was hard for me to believe the drama at times.

But it was well acted. Well written and moved along at a good pace. I also really like the style costume set design and everything was just really done well and really transported you back to that time. Matt, Damon and Davis were the standouts

I feel like it's a very very solid eight out of 10 for me. Maybe on a rewatch I would be more inspired, although there were a few moments that were real highlights. It kind of reminds me of Argo simply because both movies were inspired and based on real events directed by Ben and we're both technically well made movies. But I didn't leave the theater saying oh my God, that movie was great. That movie will be remembered that movie will be impactful.

I also don't know why this movie has to be that... It can just be a well made movie with good drama and good performances for adults. I really really liked it. 8.5 out of 10

now seated for AIR

7B0ADE83-E77D-4E25-8DA4-27FA77743A97.jpeg

Knock, Knock was kind of a weird watch from a Keanu standpoint :lol: ... Ana and Lorenza Izzo flipped the switch and were so good. That kind of circus act would eventually be thwarted by a wife coming home early though. 5/8 I'd give.

Super Mario will probably hit a massive opening weekend. The crowds were already big yesterday. $175 million easy

I feel like The Social Network should be higher but IDK.

Pretty god awful list. Should have known when I saw The Dark Knight and There Will be Blood on the honorable mentions list.

Marie Antoinette?
Inside Lewellyn Davis?
A Serious Man?

So no Christopher Nolan, no Spielberg, no Denis Villeneuve, Cohen Bros weakest films, no Scorssesse, no Tarantino, no Paul Thomas Anderson, no Peter Jackson, no Darren Aronosky? Guy Ritchie?

List was made by an 80 year old foreign film enthusiast yes?

Every time I try to get people to watch Moonfall, they think I’m trolling when I explain the plot. Especially when I’m subsequently asked to just spoil the entire plot.

“I’d like to tell you that’s me next to her…Aw, heck, I’d even take him.”

“That’s me..”

1680819810511.gif

Back
Top Bottom