Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched Tenet with the wife. She tapped out cause she got sleepy and wasn’t following but I absolutely loved it. Def will be rewatching in the future to catch all the little tidbits since I know the reveal now. I wonder if it’s more satisfying than a Prestige rewatch. And he name dropped Oppenheimer in the script.

1. Titanic is the greatest movie of all time it’s over for me

2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Remember The Titans
4 No Country For Old Men
5. Reservoir Dogs

I could go into how it was the perfect time to make the movie, a Titanic survivor in 1997 who was 16-17 during the movie would be 101. You literally couldn’t have made the movie any year later if you’re James Cameron and have a PRESENT-DAY (1997) survivor, realistically. A survivor in 1997 would be that age and you can’t feign anybody older in a present-day movie as Titanic did at the time. It’s last time to come out in theaters with that realistic of scenario would be 1997 or 1998. They got it done and after that wouldn’t be possible.

Leo and Kate Winslet. I don’t have to go into that.

The “I’m on Top of the World scene” showing you how the ship works, and an hour later in the movie the scene with the two dudes in the Crow’s Nest seeing the iceberg, to when Captain Smith says, “Well I believe you will get your headlines, Mr. Ismay.” after they’ve struck the iceberg, and you see the panic of that same crew and sequence of how the ship works, are two of the greatest 1-2 punch scenes ever. :lol:

I wear my hat wherever the **** I want. Zero reason anybody else should concern themselves with what someone else doin that's mindin their own business.
the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

A restaurant like that, they'd kick you out.

1. Titanic is the greatest movie of all time it’s over for me

2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Remember The Titans
4 No Country For Old Men
5. Reservoir Dogs

I could go into how it was the perfect time to make the movie, a Titanic survivor in 1997 who was 16-17 during the movie would be 101. You literally couldn’t have made the movie any year later if you’re James Cameron and have a PRESENT-DAY (1997) survivor, realistically. A survivor in 1997 would be that age and you can’t feign anybody older in a present-day movie as Titanic did at the time. It’s last time to come out in theaters with that realistic of scenario would be 1997 or 1998. They got it done and after that wouldn’t be possible.

Leo and Kate Winslet. I don’t have to go into that.

The “I’m on Top of the World scene” showing you how the ship works, and an hour later in the movie the scene with the two dudes in the Crow’s Nest seeing the iceberg, to when Captain Smith says, “Well I believe you will get your headlines, Mr. Ismay.” after they’ve struck the iceberg, and you see the panic of that same crew and sequence of how the ship works, are two of the greatest 1-2 punch scenes ever. :lol:
while Titanic is a nice movie, I don't think that it is the GOAT movie of all time, considering the movie's blockbuster number is inflated due to some fans watching it several times in the theaters. other than that, it didn't change the fact that Rose "stole" the heart of the ocean, what a *beach* move. also, casting Kate Winslet seems out of place considering she did look old/er in the movie.

I'd put Remember the Titans and Inglorious Basterds way ahead of Titanic. loved both of those movies.

the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

A restaurant like that, they'd kick you out.

Then I wouldn't wanna be there.

I've left bars/clubs like that cuz they have someone at the door who doesn't allow you in if you have a hat on.

Someone wearin a hat has what impact on me at my table eating my food? Someone drunk off their *** dancin a fool in a club is impacted how by a random person on the other side of the floor with a hat?

It's just stupid *** made up rules/traditions for no damn reason people hold onto. A sign of "respect". People just need to mind their own ****in business, that's respect.

Beau is Afraid was a lot :lol: I enjoyed it though.

Dude behind us said he was getting a refund, I think he thought it was just a fun new Joaquin Phoenix movie and disregarded Ari Aster :lol:

Had some ****** up dreams last night and I solely blame this movie :lol:

Has anyone else seen it yet?

Had some ****ed up dreams last night and I solely blame this movie :lol:

Has anyone else seen it yet?
No, but I heard a bartender at a restaurant I was at over the w eekend complaining about it. Said he went to see a late show of it after having some drinks and didn't really understand it :lol: Then he went on to say that he was originally planning to see it on shrooms, but heard that Joaquin Phoenix himself advised against people doing that specifically. Guy was very entertaining. LOL.

No, but I heard a bartender at a restaurant I was at over the w eekend complaining about it. Said he went to see a late show of it after having some drinks and didn't really understand it :lol: Then he went on to say that he was originally planning to see it on shrooms, but heard that Joaquin Phoenix himself advised against people doing that specifically. Guy was very entertaining. LOL.

Now that I know what happens, I’m curious about watching it on shrooms but first watch might’ve been way too much for me :lol:

It’s not scary but some unsettling stuff and a lot of “WHAT THE ****” :lol:

I still don’t know how I entirely feel about it, it warrants a rewatch but that not something I’m considering right now :lol:

Now that I know what happens, I’m curious about watching it on shrooms but first watch might’ve been way too much for me :lol:

It’s not scary but some unsettling stuff and a lot of “WHAT THE ****” :lol:

I still don’t know how I entirely feel about it, it warrants a rewatch but that not something I’m considering right now :lol:

Also, I will say Parker Posey looked damn good in this and yes you get to see her naked. Do I spoiler that? :lol:

They don’t make movies like cliffhanger anymore. Come to think of it, they don’t really (successfully) make any of the type of films Stallone/Willis/Travolta/Arnold been trying to make in the last 20 years. Mackie was right,
“There are no movie stars anymore Like, Anthony Mackie isn’t a movie star. The Falcon is a movie star. And that’s what’s weird. It used to be with Tom Cruise and Will Smith and Stallone and Schwarzenegger, when you went to the movies, you went to see the Stallone movie. You went to see the Schwarzenegger movie. Now you go see: X-Men. So the evolution of the super hero has meant the death of the movie star.”

They don’t make movies like cliffhanger anymore. Come to think of it, they don’t really (successfully) make any of the type of films Stallone/Willis/Travolta/Arnold been trying to make in the last 20 years. Mackie was right,
“There are no movie stars anymore Like, Anthony Mackie isn’t a movie star. The Falcon is a movie star. And that’s what’s weird. It used to be with Tom Cruise and Will Smith and Stallone and Schwarzenegger, when you went to the movies, you went to see the Stallone movie. You went to see the Schwarzenegger movie. Now you go see: X-Men. So the evolution of the super hero has meant the death of the movie star.”

QT?

Look at these fools. :smh:

Folks just stealin from us now.

But, whoever Chris Ryan is, he clearly has the vision.

calibeebee calibeebee We are 3 weeks away fam.......I'ma need you to hit the nos.....

I’m working on it. Semi related note:
C74219C9-5F69-45BE-B930-3FE0904AF16C.jpeg

This guy often shops at one of my stores. Never talked to him, since I know he’s had a pretty rough time since HOME.

But one of my employees Is literally named Tim Allen and he tried approaching him with that, thinking **** would be sweet. He said dude was ready to fist fight him right then and there. Refused to talk to fam, and got so pissed off his face turned bright red. Dude gotta still be heavy on the sauce :frown:

Is there a reason, other than it being a massive bomb, why the majority of the Drift cast never made another appearance in the franchise?

I’m pretty sure I’ve only see both Jordanna Brewster and Michelle Rodriquez each in one thing other than the F&F movies. Franchise been the full employment act for those two for sure.

Finished My Rewatch Of Screams 1-4 And Then Checked Out 5 & 6.

4 Was Such A Low Point It’s Comically Bad. :lol:

5 Is A Great “Requel” I Only Put It Behind The OG.

6 Was Mad Ehhhhhhhhhh. >D >D

Only So Many Times In A Franchise I Can Accept Family Ties To Previous Characters.

I’m pretty sure I’ve only see both Jordanna Brewster and Michelle Rodriquez each in one thing other than the F&F movies. Franchise been the full employment act for those two for sure.
Michelle has Avatar, was on LOST, and been in a few other notable movies. Jordana in the Texas Chainsaw prequel tho 😍

Michelle has Avatar, was on LOST, and been in a few other notable movies. Jordana in the Texas Chainsaw prequel tho 😍
Yeah, Lost was the other project I was referring to for her. I forgot she was involved with Avatar. Not a bad other fanchise to be attached to. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom