Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

my film of the year, what a picture

E7F6061A-7384-4F08-A882-0AB40DCFEDDD.jpeg

I mean, I've added it to my list just on the strength of Christopher Nolan, but I really detest the modern, Westernized involvement in war. The idea 'We must defend our country! Go get 'em, boys!' hasn't happened for a Western, developed country in a long time.
Screenshot_20230624_004221_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Dunkirk is not like that. It showcases this significant moment in UK history from 3 different perspectives.

Interstellar is GREAT.

Holy *censored*

So a few things now that I've finished it.

I was thoroughly impressed with the music throughout the whole thing; just perfect. And now I see in the final credits that it's Hans Zimmer. Of course. Truly masterful.

And the cinematography, the angles, the use of light and dark in different scenes, again, truly masterful, and now I see that it was directed by Christopher Nolan. Had no idea going in, but retrospectively, this had Christopher Nolan written all over it.

Chastain, McConaughey, Damon, Casey Affleck, Michael Caine, Christopher Nolan, Zimmer... MAN!!!

That ending was EEEE-LEET!!
INTERSTELLAR is the movie that "GRAVITY" should have been. instead, we got to see both movies live up to their title name. Interstellar went far and beyond while Gravity came down crashing and burning. Gravity for me was a borefest.

Last edited:
If you want a good reason not to trust movie critics, just look at Problem Child (1990) on Rotten Tomatoes. It has a zero percent. Meanwhile that movie is hilarious. Not the movie’s fault critics lack sense of humor
I love Problem Child as a kid and found it hilarious. I love the dramatic aspect of it and what is often overlooked was the theme of adoption and relationship challenges that parents go through.

the one scene that always gets me the feels was that Ben realizes that Junior likes him thru his drawings and kept his keepsake (I think it was a Walnut or something). the movie has heart and a good theme that could be easily overlooked.

thanks, you got me to make me rewatch it again after so many years.

I gotta rewatch it again, it's a Nolan Top 5

1.) The Dark Knight
2. ) The Prestige
3.) Inception
4.) Interstellar
5.) Dunkirk

I personally have Memento over dunkirk but they’re equally as good.

Memento
Prestige
Inception
Dark night
Interstellar

So was watching Babylon in 4K and although the movie bombed at the box office I found it very entertaining but long. Margot,Brad, Diego Calva and Jovan Adepo were all so great. I would recommend this film if you like dark comedy and period pieces.

Not sure if posted but will check this out when it hits the streaming market (I do that with every movie so it’s a slight :lol: )

Can I get a good scary movie rec for me and my 11 year old?

We watched Barbarian last night if you want to know what type of dad I am.

Interstellar is GREAT.

Holy *censored*

So a few things now that I've finished it.

I was thoroughly impressed with the music throughout the whole thing; just perfect. And now I see in the final credits that it's Hans Zimmer. Of course. Truly masterful.

And the cinematography, the angles, the use of light and dark in different scenes, again, truly masterful, and now I see that it was directed by Christopher Nolan. Had no idea going in, but retrospectively, this had Christopher Nolan written all over it.

Chastain, McConaughey, Damon, Casey Affleck, Michael Caine, Christopher Nolan, Zimmer... MAN!!!

That ending was EEEE-LEET!!

Watched Interstellar for the first time a few months byke and thoroughly enjoyed IT as well.

Dunno why I took so long to finally watch.

“Yeah, can you take two tonight at…let’s say nine o’clock? :D

“We’re totally booked.”

“Really? That’s great. :smile:

“No, I said we are totally booked.”

“Two at nine? Perfect. See you then.”

1687664135308.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom