Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

big j 33 big j 33 you are the MAN! LetterBox is exactly what I needed for logging purposes :smokin Next time I have free time I think I’m going to transfer the movies from the list on my iPhone Note to LetterBox. I started keeping dates awhile back and have ~100 movies with date stamps and about ~60-70 others :lol:

No Hard Feelings......... *Sigh*

Ya know, Jennifer Lawrence has been nominated for multiple Oscars?

She even won one.

American Hustle, to this.......
Silver Linings Playbook.......to this.

I worry for actresses in Hollywood. It's like Harvey W was given even more power or somethin.
I can understand if she wanted to do something different from her usual kind of roles; show she has real comedic chops. But like you said, there has to be better options available for that than what she landed on.

If not, that’s pretty damn sad.

Or maybe she owed someone a favor and taking that part was the payback.

No Hard Feelings......... *Sigh*

Ya know, Jennifer Lawrence has been nominated for multiple Oscars?

She even won one.

American Hustle, to this.......
Silver Linings Playbook.......to this.

I worry for actresses in Hollywood. It's like Harvey W was given even more power or somethin.
Well........lotta......why? No literally, Why? Why Jennifer? You have literal gold statue at home. Why?

She looks great, sure, you wanna show off, fine, but really? Like this?

I just feel bad for her honestly. There HAS to be better scripts. I can't fathom her thinking THIS was worth it. :smh:
This was honestly my thought when the trailer came out. Maybe she wanted to revive the hard R comedy.

Tell ya what tho......

I'm a theater degenerate. I go 2-3 times a week sometimes, today I saw a matinee with food, drink, candy for $14 total. :lol: (rewards)

But my theater just made my month....... Mission Impossible 7 is being released.......ON TUESDAY, 7/11 which is $5 Tuesdays. :wow: :pimp:

I literally didn't believe them. But they triple confirmed for me. Then, the first preview.....MI7. That movie is going to be incredible. Ironically, the cast gets deeper and deeper as they go.

It's insane to me that 1980's mega star Tom Cruise is carrying the 2020's too. Just flat insane.

Tell ya what tho......

I'm a theater degenerate. I go 2-3 times a week sometimes, today I saw a matinee with food, drink, candy for $14 total. :lol: (rewards)

But my theater just made my month....... Mission Impossible 7 is being released.......ON TUESDAY, 7/11 which is $5 Tuesdays. :wow: :pimp:
I do too, which is why I got the MoviePass (upon joining though there are caveats that aren't clearly explained, not terrible, but you need to know it going in, if you were to ever think about doing it -- most of all small and big movie theaters in Minnesota participate so I'm assuming it's the same in Oregon).

But I can't believe MI: 7 is going to let those prices stand, especially the theaters. My guess is they're going to be full priced that Tuesday. I mean for that specific movie, I'm assuming all others will be the regular Tuesday deal.

I do too, which is why I got the MoviePass (upon joining though there are caveats that aren't clearly explained, not terrible, but you need to know it going in, if you were to ever think about doing it -- most of all small and big movie theaters in Minnesota participate so I'm assuming it's the same in Oregon).

But I can't believe MI: 7 is going to let those prices stand, especially the theaters. My guess is they're going to be full priced that Tuesday.

No, I triple confirmed with them and they said $5. He literally entered into their system.

They have signs throughout building too. If they change it, people will crush them.

Assuming then the perk for them is that they can include those ticket sales in their weekend Box Office numbers then (Tues-Sun), and then they get IMAX theaters Tuesday and Wednesday before Oppenheimer swoops it from them starting that Thursday.

Oh wait Oppenheimer comes out with Barbie the next weekend, MI7 has that weekend to themselves. So they get an extra two days of IMAX though regardless.

I still haven’t seen Inception.
I’ve just never been able to get in the right headspace for it.

Now would be good a time as any to get it in, but I’m about to rewatch UTOPIA.
Need some Jessica Hyde in my eyesight.

Can I get a good scary movie rec for me and my 11 year old?

We watched Barbarian last night if you want to know what type of dad I am.
Now, sounds like you guys have a good enough relationship where I can say, if you really really really want to scare the **** out of that boy, your boy……

IMG_2745.jpeg

I still haven’t seen Inception.
I’ve just never been able to get in the right headspace for it.

Now would be good a time as any to get it in, but I’m about to rewatch UTOPIA.
Need some Jessica Hyde in my eyesight.

I remember watching Inception in the theatre 7 months after it initially released. it is possibly one of those films that have a long staying viewing power. 7 months in and I was surprised to see about close to half of the theatre's capacity was filled. I found the movie highly entertaining and has a great sci-fi plot. it became one of my favorite movies to watch. Hanz Zimmer made it really stand out.

You could probably get away with showing him Gremlins while not scary could be a little scary to a kid. If you want specifically horror or thriller genre Birdbox or A Quiet Place, maybe something like Exorcist. Alot of older "scary" movies are pretty sexually explicit for an 11 year old even something like Carrie has some make out scenes so its hard to get them into the genre. I have a girl so it maybe a little different for me but I didn't feel comfortable til just recently and shes 16 🤣.

Back
Top Bottom