Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Gosling was also really good in this. His comedy chops is underrated. The Nice Guys is one his best movies. Sucks that it flopped. No wonder comedy movies are dead :smh:

IMG_0143.jpeg

Oppenheimer 7.5/8
Was surprised by the runtime. It really didn’t feel that way considering there’s a lot of talking in boardrooms. Kind of feels like what Nolan needed after Tenet. Pretty straight to the point storytelling with defined characters. Less room to be unnecessarily complicated and get lost in a convoluted premise.

Barbie 7/8
I didn’t expect this to be as funny as it was. A lot of social commentary, as expected, but didn’t expect Mattel to allow themselves to be criticized in some of the ways it was. Ken bringing back the patriarchy.:pimp:

They Cloned Tyrone 7/8
Didn’t go into this expecting much, so I was pleasantly surprised with this. Fun premise, fun characters and a little sci-fi angle, and I’m happy. Might actually give it a rewatch at some point.

Cobweb - 6/8
I couldn’t shake the comparison to an early 90s Wes Craven horror film that I picked up early on. It deviates in a lot of ways, so it’s probably just me. Standing on its own it’s a pretty good movie.

Really good movie weekend.

Looking forward to Talk To Me next week.

Oscars are weird because the tide can turn so fast, but I don't see anyone taking Best Lead Actor from Cillian Murphy in 2024.

I feel like with Harvey locked up that has removed a huge aspect to some of the past atrocities

Dude used to do some nasty work behind the scenes and he was one of those respected voices that could get momentum behind some BS

I'm not sure I have the words dialed in right, but it felt like a live action Toy Story.

Barbie and Ken were Woody and Buzz, but live action. Is that a fair comp? Am I crazy?

And when you think about how much everyone loved Toy Story, it's easy to see why this is landing with everybody. (I think)

Universal City IMAX here booked for the whole week. Didn’t know what my schedule would look like. Tix copped for next week :smh:

Oppenheimer was incredible man, what a fantasticly made film. The buildup to the bomb test was masterful and the interwoven stories was seemlessly done. Nolan's 2nd best project behind TDK.

He should definitely do THAT biopic next btw.

This is cinema...7.9/8.

Back
Top Bottom