Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Rose: “You have a gift, Jack. You see people, for what they really are.”

Jack: “I see you.”

Flattered Rose: “And…?”

Jack: “You wouldn’t have jumped.”

She gives him a startled look.

I always took that to mean, “If you were with me, you would never have a reason to jump.” I think that’s the interpretation but wondering if y’all have another interpretation.

I always took that to mean, “If you were with me, you would never have a reason to jump.” I think that’s the interpretation but wondering if y’all have another interpretation.
Jack meant she is full of b.s.

Good question Jpz

Mr. Dawson may have been referring to their dialogue earlier in the film, as Jack was attempting to bring Rose back to safety, and come back over the railing and back onto the ship.

However, Jack believed he “knew” that Rose was never going to jump.

Jack: Come on, just give me your hand, I’ll pull you back over.
Rose: No! Stay where you are! I mean it! I’ll let go!
Jack: *Indicating that he is just harmlessly intending to merely flick his cigarette into the ocean*
Jack: No you won’t.
Rose: What do you mean, “No I won’t?” Don’t presume to tell me what I will and will not do, you don’t know me!”
Jack: Well, you would of done it already.

He was referring to earlier, layered with I think you would not have jumped if you were with someone you loved, ala me. I think there’s a definite chance she was going to jump if not for Jack being there.

Jack saying you would have done it already was like a 911 operator script. He had to convince her she wasn’t going to.

He was referring to earlier, layered with I think you would not have jumped if you were with someone you loved, ala me. I think there’s a definite chance she was going to jump if not for Jack being there.
At that moment in time (when Jack told Rose, “You wouldn’t have jumped”) it is likely neither of them had any romantic feelings towards one another yet

1.) We see them gaze at each other when her mom takes the cigarette out of her mouth, then she quotes Freud to Ismay, and then leaves the table for air. She goes out to the rail outside, and Jack, sees her, she sees him looking. Jack, who is with Fabricio and Tommy, can’t break the stare with Rose as she looks back.

2.) He saves her, they share the laugh of “You’re gonna have to write [that last name down for me]”

3.) She seeks him out to thank him for his kindness and discretion, and they spend an afternoon on the deck flirting. An art lover, loving his drawings.

Chemistry baby.

Last edited:
Barbie was elite. E. Leet. Did so much, and covered so many topics, in such a short time after establishing the world Barbie lives in. And I'm happy the messages of the film were so blunt. Call out the destructive patriarchal structure of society until real change occurs. Because it damn sure hasn't changed since it had the first spotlight shone on it and we're literally on the edge of no turning back with environmental damages. Give *somebody else* a shot at running things.

7.25/8. Margot deserves an Academy Award.

Barbie was elite. E. Leet.

Looking at your avy……

IMG_3636.gif

Blonde haired blue eye DEVILS!

speaking of Heath Ledger, his best film and acting for me was this one........
also due for a rewatch.

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 137
I asked him if he wanted to knock out both. Same page as me. 'One is Christopher Nolan, the other, I just want to know what the heck everyone is watching for.'

K. Sooo same day or different days?

'I mean you're off Tuesday and it's cheaper. Are you wanting to watch both?'

I am, yes. Soooo which first? Barbie or Oppenheimer?

'Definitely Oppenheimer.'

So you would rather 'charming, fun, iconic' SECOND, and atom bomb first thing in the morning?

'I mean that's what happened, isn't it?'

What?

'Atom bomb, first thing in the morning. That's... actually... what happened. In Japan. Except they experienced it: we're just watching a movie about it in comfortable seats.'

Holy *censored*

Interesting, you'll be doin the opposite of me. I went Barbie then Opp. I wonder what the impact will be vs how I went thru it.

But that's an awesome Tuesday.

Barbie was elite. E. Leet. Did so much, and covered so many topics, in such a short time after establishing the world Barbie lives in. And I'm happy the messages of the film were so blunt. Call out the destructive patriarchal structure of society until real change occurs. Because it damn sure hasn't changed since it had the first spotlight shone on it and we're literally on the edge of no turning back with environmental damages. Give *somebody else* a shot at running things.

7.25/8. Margot deserves an Academy Award.
It was crazy efficient. Even if you're not interested in the subject matter or anything about the movie, it's really impossible to deny Gerwig as a director after this ladybird was good. Little women was amazing and this managed to touch on feminism. The patriarchy consumerism capitalism it was dramatic. It was a comedy. There were musical numbers. This movie just delivered on so many fronts.

I've got my 70 mm tickets for Oppenheimer for Thursday but I think I need to see Barbie again for sure

Back
Top Bottom