Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by DubA169

Going into dream in the dam in the dream in another dream but with limbo you stay in a dream, unless you get a kick but it cant reach you on level three unless the gravity is affected. I dunno The rules seemed to be made up as we went along and felt forced

It was an action movie at the end of the day. The third act was like call of duty in the snow. I think i just was expecting a psycological thriller and got an action movie. Which is my own fault. But i wanted more out of movie that's commenting on such deep ideas of reality, identity, and existence etc.

That's that monday morning qb talking. When I saw that first trailer, I thought the idea were kinda stupid, but some of the visuals could be awesome and trippy, and there'd be some bad-@#! action. I never would've thought that I'd love the story, the acting and the ideas behind them or Marion Cotillard in every form or the twist or that ending or just the intellectual push after the movie. I loved that Inception thread...no movie has had a thread that good on NT. Outside of the gravity scene, the action wasn't much good. And they didn't manage to make the mind security or the projections compelling at all, but they did too much well to get ___ over stuff like that...I think.
Originally Posted by JPZx

Anyone seen Charlie Bartlett? Just watched it...

My boy swears by that movie. What'd you think?

Going into dream in the dam in the dream in another dream but with limbo you stay in a dream, unless you get a kick but it cant reach you on level three unless the gravity is affected. I dunno The rules seemed to be made up as we went along and felt forced

It was an action movie at the end of the day. The third act was like call of duty in the snow. I think i just was expecting a psycological thriller and got an action movie. Which is my own fault. But i wanted more out of movie that's commenting on such deep ideas of reality, identity, and existence etc.

That's that monday morning qb talking. When I saw that first trailer, I thought the idea were kinda stupid, but some of the visuals could be awesome and trippy, and there'd be some bad-@#! action. I never would've thought that I'd love the story, the acting and the ideas behind them or Marion Cotillard in every form or the twist or that ending or just the intellectual push after the movie. I loved that Inception thread...no movie has had a thread that good on NT. Outside of the gravity scene, the action wasn't much good. And they didn't manage to make the mind security or the projections compelling at all, but they did too much well to get ___ over stuff like that...I think.
Originally Posted by JPZx

Anyone seen Charlie Bartlett? Just watched it...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Are you talking about lucid dreaming? I've done it and it's pretty awesome.

Explain.
nerd.gif

I thought the movie was "messy"

especially in the third act but Visually it's one of the most stunning movies ever made.
I agree w/ all of this...

Doesn't mean I didn't love it, though.
pimp.gif

In short, it's when you became aware of the dream, while dreaming. It varies from simply realizing you're dreaming to being able to manipulate and actively participate in the dream. You can teach yourself to lucid dream, it's all pretty fascinating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html
I've been doing this since I was a little kid.  Groping hot females in your dreams FTW.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I thought the movie was "messy"

especially in the third act but Visually it's one of the most stunning movies ever made.
I agree w/ all of this...

Doesn't mean I didn't love it, though.
pimp.gif

In short, it's when you became aware of the dream, while dreaming. It varies from simply realizing you're dreaming to being able to manipulate and actively participate in the dream. You can teach yourself to lucid dream, it's all pretty fascinating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html
I've been doing this since I was a little kid.  Groping hot females in your dreams FTW.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm w/ Dub and this dude above me; I thought the movie was all over the place, kind of unorganized at times... but I love it.

To me, it was a psychological action thriller with a love story reminiscent of What Dreams May Come.

I'm w/ Dub and this dude above me; I thought the movie was all over the place, kind of unorganized at times... but I love it.

To me, it was a psychological action thriller with a love story reminiscent of What Dreams May Come.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I thought it was good, worth the watch.

Tyler Hilton and Robert Downey Jr. both stood out to me big time. Both were stellar and likeable..... however I've never been a fan of Kat Jennings.

Anton Yelchin, played the lead role of Charlie Bartlett, was good as well. They obviously were trying to allude to/reference Ferris Bueller, Citizen Kane, and a few other flicks.

"I'll see you in the sequel, !$##+."
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I thought it was good, worth the watch.

Tyler Hilton and Robert Downey Jr. both stood out to me big time. Both were stellar and likeable..... however I've never been a fan of Kat Jennings.

Anton Yelchin, played the lead role of Charlie Bartlett, was good as well. They obviously were trying to allude to/reference Ferris Bueller, Citizen Kane, and a few other flicks.

"I'll see you in the sequel, !$##+."
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Damn, I thought I was the only one to have seen that movie before. 
laugh.gif
  It was pretty good, saw it just last year I believe.  Hard thing to try and film "hell".   Not easy at all. 

JPZ, wasn't Inception your thread in General?  Can you link that in here, I wanna see what MrO was talkin about. 

I dunno about Messy, I thought it was flawless.  When you mention make the rules up as you go along, I mean, they jumpin into other folks dreams like ridin a surfboard, rules?  We don't need no stinkin rules. 
laugh.gif
  Of course they get made up as you go along. 
And I knew from the previews it would be actiony, the whole twisting thing in mid air, the gun in Leo's hand, the city rising up and moving by itself, yeah.  But I didn't expect the Bond footage in the snow, I'll give you that. 

Come to think of it, Nolan doing a Bond film would be 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Only in our dreams probably.........no?  Don't fit here?  Corny?  Ok, I'll move on, bye. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Damn, I thought I was the only one to have seen that movie before. 
laugh.gif
  It was pretty good, saw it just last year I believe.  Hard thing to try and film "hell".   Not easy at all. 

JPZ, wasn't Inception your thread in General?  Can you link that in here, I wanna see what MrO was talkin about. 

I dunno about Messy, I thought it was flawless.  When you mention make the rules up as you go along, I mean, they jumpin into other folks dreams like ridin a surfboard, rules?  We don't need no stinkin rules. 
laugh.gif
  Of course they get made up as you go along. 
And I knew from the previews it would be actiony, the whole twisting thing in mid air, the gun in Leo's hand, the city rising up and moving by itself, yeah.  But I didn't expect the Bond footage in the snow, I'll give you that. 

Come to think of it, Nolan doing a Bond film would be 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Only in our dreams probably.........no?  Don't fit here?  Corny?  Ok, I'll move on, bye. 
laugh.gif

I don't think Inception was flawless. I thought it handled the action, thriller, dreams, stunning visuals, etc. in a great balance.. But I wish it was better. I thought Nolan could have done an entire movie JUST about the dreams and really take it in a wild direction. But for a Summer Movie, it was amazing.. I wanted more, though.

I don't think Inception was flawless. I thought it handled the action, thriller, dreams, stunning visuals, etc. in a great balance.. But I wish it was better. I thought Nolan could have done an entire movie JUST about the dreams and really take it in a wild direction. But for a Summer Movie, it was amazing.. I wanted more, though.

And to clarify, I loved Inception.. But to nitpick I wanted less action and more dream story. However that balance made it arguably the most entertaining movie of the year.

And to clarify, I loved Inception.. But to nitpick I wanted less action and more dream story. However that balance made it arguably the most entertaining movie of the year.

ohwell.gif
  More? 
laugh.gif

The guy got kickers every which way, dude in a dream for 30 years or however old Saito was, levels of dreams within dreams within dreams, dream v reality, dead folks walkin around wild in dreams, causin havoc, and there was MORE you wanted? 
laugh.gif
  Wanna watch the top spin for a few more hours or what were you wanting? 
laugh.gif
  Dang man.  You really puttin the wood to Nolan there.  I'm not even sure how he pulled off what he did.  If you think about it, he made a movie up about dreams and imaginations, and damn near had it oscar worthy, think about how hard that would be to pull off.  People would see right through that, and yet a year later, people still arguin over he was in reality, or still dreaming.  People still don't know.  To me, that's victory thru and thru.   To go off in a more wild direction, thru dreams, would get to be even more unreal than where they went with the snow scene and all that. 

I know the movie was about imagination, and imagination is infinite, but putting infinite on film is not possible, cuz no matter what, you could still be asking for more and more and more, etc.  If he made the movie 4 hours of dreams, imagination could want 5, he makes 5, imagination would want 6, and so on. 

JPZ, just get in, you're gonna have to at some point bro, why fight it?  Chime in already. 
laugh.gif

Caught your edit, ok I hear that.  Understandable, less action, got ya. 

ohwell.gif
  More? 
laugh.gif

The guy got kickers every which way, dude in a dream for 30 years or however old Saito was, levels of dreams within dreams within dreams, dream v reality, dead folks walkin around wild in dreams, causin havoc, and there was MORE you wanted? 
laugh.gif
  Wanna watch the top spin for a few more hours or what were you wanting? 
laugh.gif
  Dang man.  You really puttin the wood to Nolan there.  I'm not even sure how he pulled off what he did.  If you think about it, he made a movie up about dreams and imaginations, and damn near had it oscar worthy, think about how hard that would be to pull off.  People would see right through that, and yet a year later, people still arguin over he was in reality, or still dreaming.  People still don't know.  To me, that's victory thru and thru.   To go off in a more wild direction, thru dreams, would get to be even more unreal than where they went with the snow scene and all that. 

I know the movie was about imagination, and imagination is infinite, but putting infinite on film is not possible, cuz no matter what, you could still be asking for more and more and more, etc.  If he made the movie 4 hours of dreams, imagination could want 5, he makes 5, imagination would want 6, and so on. 

JPZ, just get in, you're gonna have to at some point bro, why fight it?  Chime in already. 
laugh.gif

Caught your edit, ok I hear that.  Understandable, less action, got ya. 

Back
Top Bottom