Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

C CP1708 🤬🙄🤦‍♂️
Kid asked about this ****. I said they're on Max, which we have. He asked if I've ever seen them. I said I saw the first because I had a huge crush on Drew. He asked which one she is... and here we are.
20231030_194440.jpg

P.S. I Hate You

Wha I do? :lol:

I hope he LOVED the first. It truly is elite.

I hope you guys go thru all 6. 🙏
(If/when you do #4, ping, some cool stuff to theorize)

Every now and again I smh at the wasted potential of Heroes.

Heroes flamed out because they tried to extend the series as long as they can in a short period of time. The series became uninteresting due to the lack of real direction and kept on piling episodes which people don't care about. So far, The Boys is maintaining its popularity and the spinoff has an interesting plot as well.

Wha I do? :lol:
Gas trash franchises like F&F and Scream.
I hope he LOVED the first. It truly is elite.
He definitely did. He loved the virgin and dude who played Shaggy. I've always told him "Don't ever say I'll be right back'", and that virgins always make it, so when bro went over the rules, my kid goes 'Wait, is this where you got that from?... *chef's kiss*
(If/when you do #4, ping, some cool stuff to theorize)
I didn't understand this.

Woaaahhhhhhh hold on there. Scream is ****ing elite. Wes Craven perfected the meta-horror idea and made a few damn good films in the process.
I can see that. I had only seen Scream when it first came out and had no interest in 2 or any of the subsequent ones when they kept coming out and just wouldn't stop, but now that I saw 1 & 2 together last night, I can see the merit in what you're saying.
What the hell is metahorror? 😂👀
After you guys get thru Scream 4, hit me up.

(You'll still have 5 and 6 to go, but 4 has some special stuff to discuss separately)
I'll say this: he loved them. Liked 2 more than 1, which makes the initial film class discussion at the beginning of the movie ironic, if you remember it.

I can see that. I had only seen Scream when it first came out and had no interest in 2 or any of the subsequent ones when they kept coming out and just wouldn't stop, but now that I saw 1 & 2 together last night, I can see the merit in what you're saying.

I'll say this: he loved them. Liked 2 more than 1, which makes the initial film class discussion at the beginning of the movie ironic, if you remember it.

Self aware horror film(s)

:wow: at liking 2 more than 1. I wonder why. I don't think I can ever replace #1. Imo one of theeeee best movie theater experiences in my life. (I've seen 100-150 movies in theaters, Scream is easily Top 3)

You guys are in for a treat with what's coming. 🙏

:wow: at liking 2 more than 1. I wonder why.
He hated the opening scene of 1. He didn't say that, but that was just my observation of his observation. He kept... "No... don't... why would you... Sure, go TOWARDS the noise, because that makes sense. Yes, run towards your parents. Thank you... wait... WHY WOULD YOU STOP RUNNING? I hate her."

And by contrast, he totally loved the opening scene of 2. He loved Stab, loved everyone in the theater wearing Ghostface, loved the whole opening scene.

So going all the way from the opening scenes and jumping straight to the endings, he was obviously caught off guard with the culprits in 1 being the boyfriend and the movie's comic relief, but he was 1000% caught off guard with the culprits in 2. For most of the movie, he was convinced it was the new camera guy for Gale Weathers, then for a good 10-15 minutes, he thought maybe it was Cotton, ironically. He was completely blindsided by the culprits being her new bf's best friend, and the local news reporter which was the mother of one of the culprits from 1. 😂

Also he loves Dewey. 😂

That's VERY interesting on the opening scene part.

I was the opposite. I was FLOORED by the phone call messing with her, the questions (which I was doin the Leo point when he asked the trick question) and then to kill the star the opening 5 min, brutally.......I was breathless. Just an incredible opening.

Then they tease you with the clues in your face the entire movie and still you can't get it. (Here comes the reaper playing, the shoes, had to be someone from school, the Billy fake death, all of it) Then add all the self awareness, jokes, the great 6-7 diff leads all nailed their roles.

Genius film. Truly brilliant.

That seems fair. What's with these 3rds? 😂

My guess is studios expected closures. Trilogy finale types.

Tokyo was something else because the director had a bigger world/idea planned. (Hence the Dom cameo opening the possibility of 4 and beyond)

Scream was supposed to stop at 3. Hence why I said to get at me after 4. Diff, but same. Kinda.

Self aware horror film(s)
Yep, like Scream, or Shaun of the Dead, or the Cabin in the Woods, Tucker and Dale vs Evil, Barbarian, etc. Good foils to horror movies that take themselves too seriously and fall into tropes and stereotypes.

Being that its Halloween, trying to decide which very serious horror movie to subject my wife to for the first time - Hereditary or the Wailing. Both are the only two movies that have really ****ed me up in recent times.

Confused GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

How is that going to wo.....nvm
One girl five guys Meme Generator - Imgflip
Maika Monroe is back so hopefully it picks up with her story. Lots of direction it could go.

Hell it might start with her getting the first film's opening treatment and then pivot to a new character for the rest. Nobody's said what her involvement in the movie is yet.

Back
Top Bottom