Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Wait, you telling me you've all seen Mean Girls?
Like... no fakies?
I don't know what to think of you all sometimes, man.
I can't even tell you 2 people who are in it.

Never seen it.

No plans on seeing it along with Barbie or Crazy, Stupid, Love.

I’m just assuming they all fit into the same category.

Never seen it.

Mean Girls is a high school teen comedy that features clever and smart writing and is funnier and more accessible than one might think. I think watching it younger probably helped too, or if you could relate to being that age around that time. It's a high school movie that came out when I was in high school.

Barbie is a fantasy comedy with commentary on gender, social norms, and existentialism

Crazy, Stupid, Love is a rom com.

All different movies.

Wait, you telling me you've all seen Mean Girls?
Like... no fakies?
I don't know what to think of you all sometimes, man.
I can't even tell you 2 people who are in it.

*Sigh*

I feel bad, man. Mean Girls is one of the most quotable films in the last 20-30 years. It was incredibly well written/performed.

It's smart, witty, well cast, and it's the absolute best you will ever see Lindsay look. If she stayed with this look 3-4 more years we'd all have been much happier. :lol:

They nailed High School. (They, being Tina Fey) Absolutely, nailed.

I don't know if it would work for you all these years later for a first time. I watch it 2-3 times a year and still laugh.

If you liked Superbad, you might like this.

Never seen it.

I feel bad for you too. 3 great movies you're missing. :frown:

Movies about the Holocaust, I grasp maybe sitting those out. Life is hard, watching movies should be fun, freeing, enjoyable. Not heavy on your soul.

These 3 movies are what movies are for. Escapism. Laughing, seeing the other view points in life regarding non heavy things. High school, soul mates, kids, finding yourself and your place in a big(ger) world.

I think you'd be truly surprised by these films and hope you give them a chance. Might surprise yourself.

*Sigh*

I feel bad, man. Mean Girls is one of the most quotable films in the last 20-30 years. It was incredibly well written/performed.

It's smart, witty, well cast, and it's the absolute best you will ever see Lindsay look. If she stayed with this look 3-4 more years we'd all have been much happier. :lol:

They nailed High School. (They, being Tina Fey) Absolutely, nailed.

I don't know if it would work for you all these years later for a first time. I watch it 2-3 times a year and still laugh.

If you liked Superbad, you might like this.
Hated Superbad. Hated it when it came out, hated when I rewatched a few years later, hated it when I tried a THIRD time last year. Hate, hate, hate.

You're funnier than Superbad.

Exactly.

Yeah Mean Girls came out when I was in sixth grade and I’ve seen it since, you can find a lot of entertainment in something that’s illuminating (high school in the current day) which I did as a 12-year-old.

Then it was Superbad when I was 14.

Even now, that movie Booksmart with Kaitlyn Devers, lets me see a satirical but version of HS today.

Hated Superbad. Hated it when it came out, hated when I rewatched a few years later, hated it when I tried a THIRD time last year. Hate, hate, hate.

You're funnier than Superbad.

Exactly.

I......don't know how anyone hates Superbad.

Well....maybe Mean Girls won't do much for you then. If it helps, it's a lil more adult than Superbad is.

Movies about the Holocaust, I grasp maybe sitting those out. Life is hard, watching movies should be fun, freeing, enjoyable. Not heavy on your soul.
Nah, this right here just shows that our approach to movies is completely different.

I need the grim and dark because that's what formed me. Room and Antwone Fisher are my safe space.

'Fun, freeing, and enjoyable' is... is... I don't watch 'fun, freeing, and enjoyable' and feel at ease. I watch 'fun, freeing, and enjoyable' and start itching, looking around the room, fidgeting. I want out and I feel the walls caving in.

I want Precious.

I......don't know how anyone hates Superbad.

Well....maybe Mean Girls won't do much for you then. If it helps, it's a lil more adult than Superbad is.
Presenting that a high school themed movie centered around girls is more adult, that's not really helping. 🤣😬

Nah, this right here just shows that our approach to movies is completely different.

I need the grim and dark because that's what formed me. Room and Antwone Fisher are my safe space.

'Fun, freeing, and enjoyable' is... is... I don't watch 'fun, freeing, and enjoyable' and feel at ease. I watch 'fun, freeing, and enjoyable' and start itching, looking around the room, fidgeting. I want out and I feel the walls facing in.

I want Precious.

I hear you.

I talked about it in here before, I wanted to do it just because I felt it deserved it.

I wanted to give Schindler's List a watch. Just had to. Like a book report kinda. It was elite. Was so well done. So well acted. Oscar worthy for sure.

I'll never, ever, ever, EVER watch that **** again. I was......."sick" for days. It ****in hurt, man.

I'll watch Mean Girls close to 100 times in my life. And laugh, giggle, guffaw every time.
Schindler makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

To this day I still haven't watched The Passion of the Christ. And I won't, ever. I can't. It's not what I'm lookin for in films.

Presenting that a high school themed movie centered around girls is more adult, that's not really helping. 🤣😬

I guess what I mean, Tina Fey is a really good writer. Moreso than the Seth Rogen types, know what I mean? She's silly, she colors outside the lines, but she doesn't go Seth outside the lines....if that makes any kind of sense.

Currently

First

IMG_1584.jpeg

Max

I wanted to give Schindler's List a watch. Just had to. Like a book report kinda. It was elite. Was so well done. So well acted. Oscar worthy for sure.

I'll never, ever, ever, EVER watch that **** again. I was......."sick" for days. It ****in hurt, man.
I absolutely love that movie.
To this day I still haven't watched The Passion of the Christ. And I won't, ever. I can't. It's not what I'm lookin for in films.
Enh, fiction doesn't really bother me, just like Saw.

Back
Top Bottom