Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

7/8 finch byke after missing on Mank. The Killer is lowkey about that
Definitely enjoyed the Film. I’m watching it back right now but, it didn’t feel like a Fincher project to me. I was a little distracted to start so let’s see how the second viewing goes.
The Killer was solid but not as magical as John Wick.

Fassbender 100% scenes? :wow:
First 10 min is just him talking to us. :lol:

It def kept my attention and edge of seated me quite a bit.

I wonder about the logistics of building a life like that. Half dozen storage units, ton of guns/ammo in each, fake ID's, bags of cash, license plates, automatic payments over years......

Certainly executed (eh, get it? Eh, eh...) the film well. Interesting for sure, but not enough characters outside Fassbender to be a solid well rounded film.

6/8
Solid yes but Aflecks was way way way way better.
I’m so intrigued by the people that can live life that way. Contractors are top of the food chain for me in subject matter. Like, if I could be anything at all, it wouldn’t be a Rockstar or Musician or anything but a contract killer and thank The Gods that I can’t be so I’ll have to live it through film. Fassbender might just be the coolest cat in the world man. For real.

Definitely enjoyed the Film. I’m watching it back right now but, it didn’t feel like a Fincher project to me. I was a little distracted to start so let’s see how the second viewing goes.

Solid yes but Aflecks was way way way way better.
I’m so intrigued by the people that can live life that way. Contractors are top of the food chain for me in subject matter. Like, if I could be anything at all, ot wouldn’t be a Rockstar or Musician or anything but a contract killer and thank The Gods that I can’t be so I love it through film. Fassbender might just be the coolest cat in the world man. For real.

You're comparing it to The Accountant? Hmmm, I didn't think of that, but do like it. And I agree, Accountant was better because there were other characters to care about.

Rewatched F9 tonight.
Friend of mine said that the last one he saw was 8 and he wanted to see 10 but hadn't seen 9. I told him we have it and he asked if he could bring his son & some pizza over. Of course!!!

C CP1708 ... bruh. 😂😂🤣😂

That opening action sequence when they're going across the bridge and one side of the bridge is shot off and they still drive, he literally goes "Wait…" 😂
Then a few seconds later, John Cena drives his Mustang off of a cliff and then it magnets onto the underside of a fighter jet, he goes, "Ok, this is what we're doing?"
🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Rewatched F9 tonight.
Friend of mine seaid that the last one he saw was 8 and he wanted to see 10 but hadn't seen 9. I told him we have it and he asked if he could bring his son & some pizza over. Of course!!!

C CP1708 ... bruh. 😂😂🤣😂

That opening action sequence when they're going across the bridge and one side of the bridge is shot off and they still drive, he literally goes "Wait… " 😂
Then a few seconds later, John Cena drives his Mustang off of a cliff and then it magnets onto the underside of a fighter jet, he goes, "Ok, this is what we're doing?"
🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Fam, you out here havin pizza parties for this franchise, tellin me you ain't lovin it. :lol: :pimp:

In all fairness, we all know 9 got a lil sideways. One of the lowest rated of the 11. (Including Hobbs & Shaw)

But 10 def gets back in the groove. Mamoa was a great add and having Cipher play a bigger role was a great touch.

#Family

qoijy8xpvqzb1.jpg

Is The Killer Fincher’s take on a Wick type movie?

I’m gonna peep this week regardless and he’s one of my favorites just curious, it seems like not his type of thing at all if so

Fassbender x Fincher sounds full proof to me though

I’m gonna peep this week regardless and he’s one of my favorites just curious, it seems like not his type of thing at all if so

It isn't quite the mindless shoot'em up Wick type.
I'm moreso comparing to the world building of Wick. The Gold coins, the Continental rules, etc.

This doesn't quite have that, but I felt like they wanted to kinda create something similar.

It's about contract killings and revenge, but I don't view it as a Wick type movie.

Found it amazing how Fincher portrayed big companies like WeWork, Amazon, etc. make it easier for contract killers. :lol:

I think I mentioned in here recently that I'm doing a Sopranos rewatch.
On episode 3 of season 6 right now.
Season 6 is boiled, hot, flaming, refried...

This is the captain/skipper from the pilot episode of Gilligan’s Island (Alan Hale Jr.).

He was 42 at this time…

IMG_1714.jpeg

IMG_1713.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom