Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Finished my rewatch of The Sopranos today. I totally didn't remember how it ended when I saw it upon it's first airing. I just remember seeing the finale and going '... that's it?'

So now that I've seen it again, do you all remember the final scene? Tony, Carmela, & AJ Soprano eating at a Waffle House type spot as Don't Stop Believing plays, shady dude goes to the bathroom, Meadow walks in, Tony looks up and the screen fades to black. Are we supposed to assume Tony's death? I've heard so much talk over the years about Tony dying but we don't actually see that.

It's a literal college course on directing.

He's showing you back and forth viewing perspective(s).

Facing the door (bell rings) Tony's perspective, then from the other side facing Tony. He does multiple shots each way to establish the camera angles. And as you note, suspicious guy goes down hallway to bathroom.

The final look is facing towards the door as Meadow is approaching and fade to black .....

Earlier in the season there is a discussion while they are fishing talking about what it might feel like to be on the other end of one of those shots.

One of them says everything just goes black.....

I believe that episode is Members Only......bathroom guy was wearing a jacket.....a Members Only jacket.....

Directing masterclass.

It's a literal college course on directing.

He's showing you back and forth viewing perspective(s).

Facing the door (bell rings) Tony's perspective, then from the other side facing Tony. He does multiple shots each way to establish the camera angles. And as you note, suspicious guy goes down hallway to bathroom.

The final look is facing towards the door as Meadow is approaching and fade to black .....

Earlier in the season there is a discussion while they are fishing talking about what it might feel like to be on the other end of one of those shots.

One of them says everything just goes black.....

I believe that episode is Members Only......bathroom guy was wearing a jacket.....a Members Only jacket.....

Directing masterclass.
Bbbbbrrrrrrruuuuuuuhhhhh.

Bbbbbrrrrrrruuuuuuuhhhhh.

I'm probably a little fuzzy on the details, and might have mixed some of them up a lil, I haven't watched in several years but I remember there being an incredibly well done blog or somethin on it. Dude had still photos, YouTube clips, everything and it was spot on. It might even be in this thread. (Or I think there was a Sopranos thread)

But it truly was special stuff. I know it confused a lot of people but I thought it was brilliant.

I'm probably a little fuzzy on the details, and might have mixed some of them up a lil, I haven't watched in several years but I remember there being an incredibly well done blog or somethin on it. Dude had still photos, YouTube clips, everything and it was spot on. It might even be in this thread. (Or I think there was a Sopranos thread)

But it truly was special stuff. I know it confused a lot of people but I thought it was brilliant.
I literally just saw the final 2 episodes ending a few hours ago, and what you said makes as much sense as simple arithmetic. 🔥

And now I'm sad af, because... yep. :/

Did a rewatch of LOST over the summer and ending a few weeks ago with my son.

Finished a rewatch of Sopranos today.

On episode 3 of another rewatch:
Let-me-give-you-some-advice,-bastard.jpg

Man GoT came out the gate guns BLAZING. This *censored* is so fire.
I hate that I know everything that happens story-wise, but I love being able to watch these shows with the knowledge of their endings, ESPECIALLY GoT.
Like I didn't realize when it was first aired that Littlefinger is a conniving, manipulative *censored* from his first scene.

Man GoT came out the gate guns BLAZING. This *censored* is so fire.
I hate that I know everything that happens story-wise, but I love being able to watch these shows with the knowledge of their endings, ESPECIALLY GoT.
Like I didn't realize when it was first aired that Littlefinger is a conniving, manipulative *censored* from his first scene.
Best rewatch show of all time.

Caught the killer tonight... Really liked it a lot. The pace was really strong and the way the movie flowed was pretty unique. It was just very methodical. One thing after another built up. Really great tension and then narration was effective

So there were, literally, 11 trailers before Napoleon, the last being Madame Web

Then: The IMAX commercial comes on, the AMC commercial comes on, signaling the end of the previews…

And then the same Madame Web trailer fires up again.

I can’t tell you the full theater groaning and WTFs, guffawing when the Madame Web trailer fired off for the second time accidentally, but no one in that theater I was in is going to see that movie now :lol:, people left for bathroom breaks, people left to talk to the manager, a girl next to me yelled, “The Irony”, which I’m not even sure what that means but she sounded right.

That being said, Napoleon 6/8, too much Josephine. Don’t want to get too much into it since it’s an historical taking-liberties depiction. There was a scene where a comeback happened that was super “yada-yada’d” but aside, super good and Joaquin hits his stride about 20 minutes in and it lasts the whole movie.

Watched Next Goal Wins in the theater. Had no idea about it before hand was very enjoyable. Laughed had a good time.
Saw it today with fam also and while not the best sports movie it did have its share of laughs and life lessons + feel good story. Taika can dial up the corniness a bit too much though.

Watching Cliffhanger in 4K and that movie is truly underrated. The story line was super creative and Sly delivered

-Sansa, regarding Joffrey:
I don't want someone brave and gentle and strong! I want him!

-Arya:

napoleon looks boring.
The fact it’s been remade or reintroduced exactly 0 times on the last 40+ years tells me, you are probably correct in that assumption.
There must’ve been “nothing” that set him apart from other rulers and make you say “that’s a bad/good Man”

Back
Top Bottom