Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Classic. Watch it every summer. Insane cast.
Great summer movie. I randomly stumbled upon it on HBO shortly after its release and remember being pleasantly surprised. Great performances by Carrell and Rockwell along with the young lead and several other known names.

Caught this earlier today

1720468592119.png

I liked it. It was like a Halloween episode of Leave it to Beaver :lol:

I enjoyed Maxxxine but still felt it was a step down from both Pearl and X. 6/8

Defo watching Longlegs this weekend. Gotta see if it's worth the hype

I would rather actors use their regular accent anyway. One of the weirder movie tropes is defaulting to a British accent when the characters would not be speaking English in the first place. If you're going to suspend reality, just go for it. Denzel with a British accent would sound ridiculous.

Amen. Italians in ancient Rome or current day wouldn't be speaking the king's English so why should we expect American actors to be speaking British English in an American-made, Rome-set film? If they aren't all committing to the thickest, greasiest, Tony Soprano, "hard-r" Italian accent, then I only want their natural accent and natural acting ability to be on display.

I feel like I owe the Shrek franchise a rewatch. I think I've seen the original once in like 15 years and I remember liking it but I don't know. I just don't ever think to go back to them.

Back
Top Bottom