Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

You sonuva...

Very difficult to try to entice without giving too much away. I tried to holster that one with my first attempt.

I try (very seriously) not to share too much so people can go in completely fresh on their own, not based off my words.

Fast & Furious kinda the exception because we about a dozen films in, folks kinna already know what it is. So I give a lil more info on those films than others.

one of the better found footage horror films i’ve seen in years

IMG_1493.jpeg

The scene when josh harnett’s character was eating the pie was unintentionally annoying. Kept scraping his teeth against the fork. Eek. :lol:

There was a random old couple in my theater that kept making side comments. Funny enough they called the pie scene correctly :lol:

I just watched Manhunter again recently with my fiance like in April/May :lol:, holds up wonderfully.

Felt a lot more arthouse than I remember though :lol:, was really beautifully shot. Will Peterson and Tom Noonan were terrific.

Also felt crazy to look back at Brian Cox as the first portrayal of Hannibal Lector on screen after his recent turn on Succession :lol:. He was okay but yea kinda tough to compare to Hopkins' now almost definitive take
I love Manhunter.

The acting, cinematography, music are all top notch.

And since I saw it originally when I was pretty young (10 or 11), Tom Noonan’s Tooth Fairy is probably the movie character that freaked me out most in my lifetime. Still shows up in my bad dreams occasionally. No lie.

Back
Top Bottom