Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx gonna have to post this thang you liked because we have no Hot D tomorrow 😩
What’s crazy is I just watched this scene last night, and this is the first thing I see in the morning.:frown:

I don’t think we’ll ever get a scene something like this again. Thrones did such a good job of setting up Brienne and The Hound before their clash. I just hope HotD can get to half the character depth.

Princess Daisy was so cute. Especially in that archaeology outfit 🥰
1723304726932.jpeg

Princess Daisy was so cute. Especially in that archaeology outfit 🥰
1723304726932.jpeg

I don’t know if I’ve already told you this a while back, but this was probably my first female woman crush, like ever in life.

I distinctly remember staying the night at a buddies house and for some reason he had some sort of promotional super Mario bros movie packet. I flipped through it and was awestruck by one of her photos and I remember staring at it for like 2 days straight. It wasn’t a sexual thing, i was 8 year old, I just thought she was so pretty. Core memory unlocked.

I don’t know if I’ve already told you this a while back, but this was probably my first female woman crush, like ever in life.

I distinctly remember staying the night at a buddies house and for some reason he had some sort of promotional super Mario bros movie packet. I flipped through it and was awestruck by one of her photos and I remember staring at it for like 2 days straight. It wasn’t a sexual thing, i was 8 year old, I just thought she was so pretty. Core memory unlocked.
Very well said. Samantha Mathis had a great look in this film. Certainly the type of woman who would get one’s attention.

And in the film, her good vibes, good personality, and kindness made her all the more attractive

My man Luigi fumbled his words while asking her out, understandably. We’ve all been there. But they worked. They had good chemistry

Luigi: Do you eat?
Daisy: *confused* Yeah?
Luigi: Dinner?
Daisy: Sure
Mario: *whispers* tonight
Luigi: Tonight?
Daisy:
1723337478362.gif

Movie script idea about Alaskan Iditarod with 3 options.

Option A: normal romantic comedy with theatrical release. Charismatic rough & tough male lead. Donald glover, mcconehey, Powell, Rudd, McClarnon. Intelligent female lead with comedic timing and can also pull off vulnerability. Mcadams, blunt, plaza, palmer.

very successful Hollywood veterinarian loses everything in divorce and is forced to live with parents in Alaskan sled dogging country. Very very small town. Only job prospects are doing what she knows best: working with dogs.

Male lead is sled dog prodigy who plays by his own rules and is struggling to win the Iditarod and such and such stubborn tough guy problems. Their paths cross and their personalities clash. But sparks eventually ffly and they teach each other the true meaning of love, through the Alaskan lifestyle and the dogs and other cliche rom com stuffs. Focus is on love and happiness. A title like Mushing Hearts or something.

Option B: drama. Elba. Worthington. Jon snow. Casey Afflek. Fassbender. Possible Female leads Liz Olsen, Emma stone, viola, amber midthunder. Same general plot, but divorce is more focused on. Or the brutal reality of the dog sledding industry. How tough the human spirit is. The heartbreak of getting so close to winning it all, only to fall short or lose a loved one along the way. Title like Pure Tundra or Cold Spirit or some ****.

Option C: raunchy R rated comedy. No details on this one other than a title like Love on All Fours or something. Snowballs of Fury.

Sort of related, how has there not been a legit A-list movie made about the Serum Run to Nome in 1925? I mean, the entire run, from start to finish. I know Togo was made recently, but that's just one segment of the journey.

Closest comp I keep seeing to Borderlands is Madame Web. ie a super outdated genre film. Tempted to make it one of my watches this week.

Last edited:
Sort of related, how has there not been a legit A-list movie made about the Serum Run to Nome in 1925? I mean, the entire run, from start to finish. I know Togo was made recently, but that's just one segment of the journey.

I agree. The story is fascinating and needs a big budget retelling. Plus everybody has heard of Balto and he got all the credit when he only ran the last 50 miles in “easy” conditions. While Togo ran over 200 miles in the most brutal conditions possible.

I agree. The story is fascinating and needs a big budget retelling. Plus everybody has heard of Balto and he got all the credit when he only ran the last 50 miles in “easy” conditions. While Togo ran over 200 miles in the most brutal conditions possible.

Twenty different mushers, including Alaska native tribes used to the harsh conditions, covered nearly 700 miles in in under six days, during one of the harshest winters on record. Togo got a well received film released to Disney+, but the entire journey, including recognition of native tribes, deserves a big budget retelling.

Twenty different mushers, including Alaska native tribes used to the harsh conditions, covered nearly 700 miles in in under six days, during one of the harshest winters on record. Togo got a well received film released to Disney+, but the entire journey, including recognition of native tribes, deserves a big budget retelling.

Exactly

Just got back from a cruise to Alaska and learned all about this! Agreed it’s such an amazing story. Feel like it could work as a more epic movie but would need a high profile actor to sign on to convince a studio to do it. Man of the hour Glen Powell??

That's really cool they share the story on those cruises (I've never done one, but am Seattle based, so I've heard about it a lot). Just reading about it, with sled teams dealing with -50 degree weather, two hours of sunlight (it was winter), mushers leaving dogs behind to die, etc. It's harrowing. I don't care who stars in it, I would like to see a proper adaptation.

Just got back from a cruise to Alaska and learned all about this! Agreed it’s such an amazing story. Feel like it could work as a more epic movie but would need a high profile actor to sign on to convince a studio to do it. Man of the hour Glen Powell??

Same. In Alaska right now and we did a sled dog kennel tour and they taught us a bunch of info about the run. Seems to me like one of the greatest human accomplishments in U.S. history, kinda up there with the Lewis & Clark expeditions and other important early voyages.

(Re)Watching the Bourne Franchise after some pretty extensive research of Blackwater, Blackrock and some NAZI Origin History definitely tells another story. I’m on Legacy now which previously listed as the worst film in the franchise. I was wrong about that. This might be the best film of all four.

This is some very shady system work.

Edit: Just found out that today is the anniversary of the terrible loss of Robin Williams. A BRILLIANT man. No matter how many times I view Good Will Hunting, I can’t wrap my head around how impeccable his performance was.

Rest in Peace

Back
Top Bottom