Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

There's an obvious reason for that - if they needed a car to drive through a burning building and off a cliff, a guy jumped in the car and drove it through the burning building and then off a cliff!
Was reading up on Reddit and in the OG there's a scene where a guy legitimately got hit in the back of the head by a sliding motorcycle, luckily he only suffered a concussion and his injuries could have been much worse or even caused death. They definitely appeared to dodge some bullets with stunts nearly failing miserably.

That being said, it might have the wildest ending to any movie, not just horror, that I've ever seen tbh :lol:

There's twists, and then there's that :rofl:
I'm not seeing it on IMDB. 👀
I see Sleepaway Camp in 1983, but no Runaway Camp.
With the review you just gave...
... kinda wanna see. 👀

There's an obvious reason for that - if they needed a car to drive through a burning building and off a cliff, a guy jumped in the car and drove it through the burning building and then off a cliff!
Screenshot_20240819_124009_Chrome.jpg

I'm not seeing it on IMDB. 👀
I see Sleepaway Camp in 1983, but no Runaway Camp.
With the review you just gave...
... kinda wanna see. 👀
That's the one :lol:, Sleepaway Camp

It's kind of niche, for folks who don't mind those 80's sleaze type slashers, but it's definitely a fun ride. Would recommend if you like the genre.

They borrow a little from the OG Friday the 13th, came out just 3 years earlier, for the setting but the story couldn't be more different.

It spawned a couple of sequels but none are wilder than the first

Would recommend if you like the genre.
Hate slashers, and horror in general.
Main gripe: they're all the same.
Ssssoooo "Might have the wildest ending to any movie that I've ever seen. There's twists, and then there's that" is at the very least, intriguing.
🤣 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea it very much bucks any sort of conventional ending/trope that those typically have :lol:

I can't say much besides that without revealing anything so I'll leave it at that. Let us know your thoughts whenever you finish it

Last edited:
+1 for another recommendation of Sleepaway Camp. Has one of the wildest twists and reveals in any movie. Sure movie is a bit campy (no pun intended) but a solid flick overall and better than many other generic slashers.

Bros the first 10 minutes of Sleepaway Camp alone is insane. Child murder, implied parental child molestation, camp counselor prowling. Wtfff am I watching lmao

And now this girl looking like the prototype Eleven in her camp bunk :lol: This HAS to be the inspiration of those bullying scenes in Stranger Things before El womps a skate into that one girls nose :lol:

It's one of those movies that intrigued me as a young kid when I'd see the VHS cover in the video store. When I finally watched I was not disappointed. Not sure if in a good way or not.

I used to dislike filler episodes but now I kinda miss them. Some of the extra one off episodes fleshed out characters and built out the world more than I realized. Some were bad though.

Y'all really risking Ska comin thru here with a blow torch when he sees that 80's **** :lol:

Gon have my Fast and Furious recs lookin like the Godfather II, as they are. :pimp:

+1 for another recommendation of Sleepaway Camp. Has one of the wildest twists and reveals in any movie. Sure movie is a bit campy (no pun intended) but a solid flick overall and better than many other generic slashers.

Student Bodies was like that for me as well. Same with Toy Soldiers that Jpzx brought up the other day.

So I’ve seen Prometheus too many times and we’ve given reviews ad-nauseum on here, so I’m not giving a full review of my rewatch last night. Instead, I wanted to share this theory I read about the other day. The theory is that in Prometheus, it is canonically established that Jesus of Nazareth was an Alien. And my rating is still 6.2/8 for what it’s worth :lol:

Let’s review the evidence (via THREADS) :

1: Prometheus opens with the Engineers seeding life on a planet (implied to be Earth).

This is a form of ritual self-sacrifice where an Engineer consumes a biological agent that breaks down its cellular structure and reassembles its DNA as the foundation for human life.

Self-sacrifice will be a recurring theme.
IMG_5033.jpeg

2:
The Engineers apparently supervised the evolution of life on Earth—guiding humanity not only genetically, but also sociologically, with visitations recorded in tablets by various cultures (AKA Ancient Astronaut tropes).
IMG_5034.jpeg

I’ll note that the star map included in these ancient pictographs, which the crew of the Prometheus follow to “meet their maker”, is evocative of Biblical Magi imagery and the Star of Bethlehem.
IMG_5035.jpeg

3:
When the crew of the Prometheus follow the star chart to its planetary destination, they find an abandoned complex, piles of dead Engineers, and a creepy black goo room.
The murals in the “black goo room” literally depict the Engineers as the Greek god Prometheus.

Prometheus stole fire from Mount Olympus and gave it to humanity. He was punished for this trespass by being tied to a rock where an eagle would eat his liver for eternity.

The similar wound on the side of the Engineer in the mural visually ties Prometheus’s wound to the aftermath of a Xenomorph Chestburster.

To give life, one must sacrifice their own. All “gods” must die.
IMG_5036.jpeg

4:
Why is the Xenomorph and the Chestburster part of this evolutionary experiment? It’s the kill switch for the whole thing.

If humanity strayed too far from their set evolutionary path, the Engineers would drop bioweapons on the planet and infect the population with a multi-stage lifeform that eventually grows into the Xenomorph.

To quote another film, they would essentially “nuke them from orbit”.
IMG_5037.jpeg

Of course, that’s exactly what happened. Humanity sucks, so the Engineers decided to pull the plug.

But someone dropped a test tube before they could launch the bomber, and it took out the entire instillation, sparing humanity from its death sentence.

When did the Engineers decide to end humanity? According to the carbon dating of the Engineer’s corpse: “2000 years ago, give or take”.

5:
The events of the film take place between December 21 and January 1, 2093, with characters making explicit reference to it being Christmas on two occasions.

What happened on Earth approximately 2000 years before this, give or take?

The crucifixion of Christ.
IMG_5038.jpeg

6:
In the Alien Cinematic Universe, Jesus Christ was an emissary of the Engineers.

Executing Alien Jesus was evidently the last straw, and humanity was therefore scheduled for extinction.

But you don’t have to take my word for it. In the original Jon Spaihts drafts of the script, the character’s explicitly speculate that Jesus was an Engineer. And both Lindelof and Scott have stated in interviews that this is still subtext in the final film.
IMG_5039.jpeg

7:
Which brings us back to the movie’s themes of sacrifice and mortality.

Weyland goes in search of his maker because he is looking for immortality. He sees himself as a god.

The Engineers see death and sacrifice as a necessary corollary for life. Immortality is anathema to this belief. All gods must die to create.

So the Engineer beats Weyland to death with his own creation.
IMG_5040.jpeg

So remember, when you sit down for Alien: Romulus, the universe’s perfect killing machine is canonically related to Alien Jesus…..

Student Bodies was like that for me as well. Same with Toy Soldiers that Jpzx brought up the other day.
Had never heard of Student Bodies before but after watching the trailer I'm kind of intrigued. Looks like Scream drew inspiration from it as did Scary Movie.

So I’ve seen Prometheus too many times and we’ve given reviews ad-nauseum on here, so I’m not giving a full review of my rewatch last night. Instead, I wanted to share this theory I read about the other day. The theory is that in Prometheus, it is canonically established that Jesus of Nazareth was an Alien. And my rating is still 6.2/8 for what it’s worth :lol:

Let’s review the evidence (via THREADS) :

1: Prometheus opens with the Engineers seeding life on a planet (implied to be Earth).

This is a form of ritual self-sacrifice where an Engineer consumes a biological agent that breaks down its cellular structure and reassembles its DNA as the foundation for human life.

Self-sacrifice will be a recurring theme.
IMG_5033.jpeg

2:
The Engineers apparently supervised the evolution of life on Earth—guiding humanity not only genetically, but also sociologically, with visitations recorded in tablets by various cultures (AKA Ancient Astronaut tropes).
IMG_5034.jpeg

I’ll note that the star map included in these ancient pictographs, which the crew of the Prometheus follow to “meet their maker”, is evocative of Biblical Magi imagery and the Star of Bethlehem.
IMG_5035.jpeg

3:
When the crew of the Prometheus follow the star chart to its planetary destination, they find an abandoned complex, piles of dead Engineers, and a creepy black goo room.
The murals in the “black goo room” literally depict the Engineers as the Greek god Prometheus.

Prometheus stole fire from Mount Olympus and gave it to humanity. He was punished for this trespass by being tied to a rock where an eagle would eat his liver for eternity.

The similar wound on the side of the Engineer in the mural visually ties Prometheus’s wound to the aftermath of a Xenomorph Chestburster.

To give life, one must sacrifice their own. All “gods” must die.
IMG_5036.jpeg

4:
Why is the Xenomorph and the Chestburster part of this evolutionary experiment? It’s the kill switch for the whole thing.

If humanity strayed too far from their set evolutionary path, the Engineers would drop bioweapons on the planet and infect the population with a multi-stage lifeform that eventually grows into the Xenomorph.

To quote another film, they would essentially “nuke them from orbit”.
IMG_5037.jpeg

Of course, that’s exactly what happened. Humanity sucks, so the Engineers decided to pull the plug.

But someone dropped a test tube before they could launch the bomber, and it took out the entire instillation, sparing humanity from its death sentence.

When did the Engineers decide to end humanity? According to the carbon dating of the Engineer’s corpse: “2000 years ago, give or take”.

5:
The events of the film take place between December 21 and January 1, 2093, with characters making explicit reference to it being Christmas on two occasions.

What happened on Earth approximately 2000 years before this, give or take?

The crucifixion of Christ.
IMG_5038.jpeg

6:
In the Alien Cinematic Universe, Jesus Christ was an emissary of the Engineers.

Executing Alien Jesus was evidently the last straw, and humanity was therefore scheduled for extinction.

But you don’t have to take my word for it. In the original Jon Spaihts drafts of the script, the character’s explicitly speculate that Jesus was an Engineer. And both Lindelof and Scott have stated in interviews that this is still subtext in the final film.
IMG_5039.jpeg

7:
Which brings us back to the movie’s themes of sacrifice and mortality.

Weyland goes in search of his maker because he is looking for immortality. He sees himself as a god.

The Engineers see death and sacrifice as a necessary corollary for life. Immortality is anathema to this belief. All gods must die to create.

So the Engineer beats Weyland to death with his own creation.
IMG_5040.jpeg

So remember, when you sit down for Alien: Romulus, the universe’s perfect killing machine is canonically related to Alien Jesus…..

Wonderful review man. Seriously.

I know that Aliens became the "go-to" for me in the franchise and really it's just reduced down to machine guns and a flame thrower wreckin **** but the one piece I have always wondered about, is what Paul Reiser was tryin to do. Smuggle them back to somehow "weaponize them" (Laughable, in that they are already perfect weapons and their literally is no taking orders, the only thing we've even come close to seeing was Ripley aiming the flame at an egg and the soldiers backing off when the Queen looks at them)

Every movie, there is no reason or explanation, these bad ***es just exist. And destroy. But they utilize the hosts for their offspring, kind of not actually killing them right away.

Hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom