Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

romulus was basically Alien 1.5 It didn't add anything to the franchise. Was a decent movie unlike alien 3, resurrection, and covenant.

kdawg kdawg calibeebee calibeebee
I graduated in 1997.
I have no idea what the K-12 education looks like these days and it would probably be uncomfortable knowledge to have but me thinking it was some DISNEY character alone, this is a Big Failure somewhere along my K-12 program, think. Do better OKLAHOMA.

IMG_0239.jpeg

Alien Vs Predator (2004): 4.3/8

Story takes place in 2004, Antarctica. Scientists discover a heated structure deep under the Antarctic ice. From the construction design, they conclude it was a pyramid built by Egyptians and that it was the first civilization in history. So right off the bat, we have the most absurd storyline of all time. Anyways they make a plan to go inspect this structure with a team of like 10 people. That’s the plot of the film.

Things I liked: The cast is SOLID. I especially like the callback of Lance Henrickson reprising his role from Aliens (Bishop) but now he’s the head of Weyland Corporation. Very cool tie in.
IMG_5022.jpeg

IMG_5023.jpeg

IMG_5024.jpeg

IMG_5027.jpeg

IMG_5025.jpeg

The predators looked pretty awesome. Cool weapons. Special effects are pretty awesome in general. Huge set designs, great use of practical effects and costumes.

What I disliked: the story is absurd. All the characters make the dumbest decisions of all time, none of the science makes any sense whatsoever. The movie doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be. The difference between this movie and the OG Predator is similar to the difference between the OG Fast and Furious and FF9.

She basically won it because she was a veteran of the industry and campaigned for it hard. :smh:

I mean I had heard/read why

But still you had to actually watch the movie and see the people doing work therein.. at best she’s 5th on the acting list

They fumbled the bag soooooooooo bad with what they did to fincher on alien 3

He’s the perfect director for that franchise

Alien Vs Predator Requiem (2007) 2.1/8

The story picks up exactly where the first AVP ended. So still in the year 2004.

so at the end of AVP, a face hugger impregnated a Predator. That predator dies at the end of the movie and his buddies bring him on their ship to take him to their home planet, not knowing he has an alien brewing inside him. Last shot at the end of the film is the ship leaving earth and then a mutated half predator half alien bursting out of his body. AVP requiem starts at this scene

The predator ship with a mutated alien aboard crash lands back to earth in some remote forest in Colorado. The plot of the film revolves around the alien terrorizing the remote town nearby, and a predator trying to kill it with the help of a few townsfolk.

This is easily the worst Alien related film in the franchise. Critical failure. Biggest box office bomb. Worst RT scored. From the jump, you can tell this film should have gone straight to DVD. It seems very low budget, like SYFY network special effects. There’s nothing at stake, all the characters are horribly acted and give you absolutely no reason to care about or root for.

There’s no humor, no tension, awful jump scare tactics, bad sets, bad cinematography, bad costumes and creature design. The most mid-late 2000’s film of all time. TERRIBLE laugh out loud cgi. Cliche after cliche after cliche. Total bomb of a film. They had a third movie locked and loaded for the franchise but this was so bad it got completely scrapped and both AVP films are no longer considered canon in the alien franchise. They decided to go a completely different route with Prometheus that has a completely different origin of the Aliens and their place in human history. No reason to watch this movie at all unless as background noise for hanky panky. Thank you for your time, next up is Prometheus. Here is an unrelated gif for your troubles:
IMG_5029.gif

Last edited:
I go to the theater damn near weekly. I see all kinna movies, new, old, re-releases, good, bad, etc.......i knew minute one I wasn't going to see that barnyard explosion. :lol: I knew that was bombing from very first preview.

Alien Vs Predator Requiem (2007) 2.1/8

The story picks up exactly where the first AVP ended. So still in the year 2004.

so at the end of AVP, a face hugger impregnated a Predator. That predator dies at the end of the movie and his buddies bring him on their ship to take him to their home planet, not knowing he has an alien brewing inside him. Last shot at the end of the film is the ship leaving earth and then a mutated half predator half alien bursting out of his body. AVP requiem starts at this scene

The predator ship with a mutated alien aboard crash lands back to earth in some remote forest in Colorado. The plot of the film revolves around the alien terrorizing the remote town nearby, and a predator trying to kill it with the help of a few townsfolk.

This is easily the worst Alien related film in the franchise. Critical failure. Biggest box office bomb. Worst RT scored. From the jump, you can tell this film should have gone straight to DVD. It seems very low budget, like SYFY network special effects. There’s nothing at stake, all the characters are horribly acted and give you absolutely no reason to care about or root for.

There’s no humor, no tension, awful jump scare tactics, bad sets, bad cinematography, bad costumes and creature design. The most mid-late 2000’s film of all time. TERRIBLE laugh out loud cgi. Cliche after cliche after cliche. Total bomb of a film. They had a third movie locked and loaded for the franchise but this was so bad it got completely scrapped and both AVP films are no longer considered canon in the alien franchise. They decided to go a completely different route with Prometheus that has a completely different origin of the Aliens and their place in human history. No reason to watch this movie at all unless as background noise for hanky panky. Thank you for your time, next up is Prometheus. Here is an unrelated gif for your troubles:
IMG_5029.gif
I enjoyed AVPR :lol:
Back in the day almost each movie had its thread and this one def did. We was hype in that Sewer scene where Wolf Predator was murking them foos. And was hype now the Americans got a Predator gun :pimp: :lol:

Wolf Predator will always be that dude :pimp:

I enjoyed AVPR :lol:
Back in the day almost each movie had its thread and this one def did. We was hype in that Sewer scene where Wolf Predator was murking them foos. And was hype now the Americans got a Predator gun :pimp: :lol:

Wolf Predator will always be that dude :pimp:

That was probably the only cool part of the movie. Almost turned into an anime at that point :lol:

I just read on IMDb that they named it Wolf Predator after Harvey Keitels “The Wolf” character from pulp fiction. Because he comes in and cleans up the messes :pimp:

Had some time, so I knocked out two today. First

1724028544732.png

First off, this poster is WILD :lol:

I always heard this was a good one, but I greatly underestimated it. I wish I would've saved it for October

Plays out like an Agatha Christie novel. 80s movie with the perfect amount of cheesiness. No supernatural elements so the kills are realistic and gnarly at the same time. And like any great horror movie, the third act gradually ramps up the WTF meter (curling iron anyone :emoji_eyes: ) with the ultimate surprise ending.

That was probably the only cool part of the movie. Almost turned into an anime at that point :lol:

I just read on IMDb that they named it Wolf Predator after Harvey Keitels “The Wolf” character from pulp fiction. Because he comes in and cleans up the messes :pimp:
That’s awesome :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom