Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So that was actually Isabella Merced in Romulus. I knew she looked familiar.

Previous credits include:

-Instant Family
-Dora the Explorer (live action and voice over for a movie special I believe)
-Transformers: The Last Knight ( the one w/Mark Wahlberg)

Career is definitely blossoming...

Gladiator II
Macrinus-Denzel.jpg

Had some time, so I knocked out two today. First

1724028544732.png

First off, this poster is WILD :lol:

I always heard this was a good one, but I greatly underestimated it. I wish I would've saved it for October

Plays out like an Agatha Christie novel. 80s movie with the perfect amount of cheesiness. No supernatural elements so the kills are realistic and gnarly at the same time. And like any great horror movie, the third act gradually ramps up the WTF meter (curling iron anyone :emoji_eyes: ) with the ultimate surprise ending.
I've always got a solid appreciation for those campy 80's/90's horror flicks so I enjoyed this a lot.

That being said, it might have the wildest ending to any movie, not just horror, that I've ever seen tbh :lol:

There's twists, and then there's that :rofl:

Alien Vs Predator (2004): 4.3/8

Story takes place in 2004, Antarctica. Scientists discover a heated structure deep under the Antarctic ice. From the construction design, they conclude it was a pyramid built by Egyptians and that it was the first civilization in history. So right off the bat, we have the most absurd storyline of all time.
You are underselling it. The pyramid had Egyptian, Aztec, AND Cambodian influences. And they somehow had one expert that knew all 3 cultures pyramid structure AND could read their ancient languages

Last edited:
After seeing Furiosa in theaters and then re-watching Fury Road last week I decided to watch the OG Mad Max as I'd only seen bits and pieces in the 90s on cable. Though it's obviously very dated the action scenes still hold up to this day and the stunts are very impressive, especially considering this movie came out in 79'.

Probably checkout the Road Warrior sometime this week.

Plus I really like that these movies are only around 90 minutes as sometimes you just want a film with a simple plot and short run time. Sometimes less is really more. As much as I liked Furiosa it really could have been at least 30 minutes shorter.

After seeing Furiosa in theaters and then re-watching Fury Road last week I decided to watch the OG Mad Max as I'd only seen bits and pieces in the 90s on cable. Though it's obviously very dated the action scenes still hold up to this day and the stunts are very impressive, especially considering this movie came out in 79'.

There's an obvious reason for that - if they needed a car to drive through a burning building and off a cliff, a guy jumped in the car and drove it through the burning building and then off a cliff!

Back
Top Bottom