Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Finally saw Bad Boys Ride or Die.. It had no right being as good as it was. Martin Lawrence was hysterical and Will Smith's straight man. Deadpan reaction to all of Martin's hijinks was perfect. Action was unique as well. Sometimes it was a little much but it was different and stylized just like this franchise has been. I thought the way they handled the Sun and the redemption he got was interesting. Although I don't know how much I bought the captain's daughter and granddaughter being a part of the emotional element. I knew the Reggie scene was supposed to be cool but I did not expect it to be that cool. I literally Yelled out loud when he ******* saluted

The fourth movie in a franchise that's almost 30 years old shouldn't be that good.... Well done

On the topic of films we wish we had seen in theaters: Mandy.

Holy ******* ****. Nicolas Cage is soooo so so so good when he's dedicated and putting in the work (but we all know that). For a film with such limited dialogue, his expressions really say everything.

The movie is definitely stylish, but I wish the 2nd half of the film lasted longer. The revenge pieces were so chaotic and visually rich that I feel like it flew by in no time. I kind of want to watch this movie altered, but, that might also be a little intense just from the color filters and neon lighting. Super intense. Again, really wish I'd seen this in theaters and with proper surround sound.

Kneejerk reaction... 7.5/8 and not an 8/8 only because the 1st half dragged just a bit.

Panos Cosmatos, if he ever comes up with another feature length, will have sky high expectations from me.

Nic Cage always brings it, no matter what. I remember many years ago, after Cage had become kind of a punchline, Roger Ebert said Cage was one of his favorite actors because he knew he was getting a 100% committed Cage performance, regardless of the movie. Cage is also very honest in interviews that he does all these movies because he needs the money. Love Nic Cage.

More i think about it, Sing Sing is my favorite film of the year.

Sucks A24 is waiting for oscar season for a wider release. When that happens yall should definitely see it!

Currently first

IMG_0012.jpeg

One of the scariest villains of all time!

Hollywood so unoriginal with movies names, this year you have The Killer and The Killer's Game, last year we had The Killer, in 22' there was another The Killer movie and in 1989 there was maybe the og The Killer.
A little snippet I found via Google search.

From the Guinness World Records website: “The most commonly used movie title is Broken, which has been used for 34 feature films with details on IMDb as of January 2024.”

Also very thankful my son is no longer down with Minecraft. I'm just hopeful they do the Legend of Zelda movie justice when it eventually drops.

Caught Blink Twice over the weekend.

I liked it. Great directorial debut for Zoe Kravitz. Strong performances from the cast, funny and disturbing and overall worth a watch. Definitely felt a bit of a Jordan Peele influence.

the coolness the coolness going to see it tonight. The trailer had me intrigued and it definitely has to be better than the dumpster fire that was Cookoo (sic intentionally for NT censors lol).

Another horror I heard a rave review from is Strange Darling which unfortunately has run under the radar and is only playing in select theaters with not many showtimes around me. Anyone see it?

Back
Top Bottom