Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I’m literally asking what are good movies to watch with your pops/dad
If you were being metal, then why the cryptic language?
"Some of you will know what I mean."
If you were literally just asking, then everyone reading will know what you mean. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

“Some of you know what I mean” watching with pops in terms of classic and great movies but no non-comfortable scenes

calibeebee calibeebee what am I missing with Beetlejuice?

Seems like everyone loves it, but uh.....whew.

I'm more astonished it got a PG rating than anything else. I'm pouring over IMDB searching for clues to what I don't get. I'm not finding anything helpful.

It might just not be for everyone. It's fun and Keaton is amazing and I love the goofiness/style of it.

It might just not be for everyone. It's fun and Keaton is amazing and I love the goofiness/style of it.

I did like Keaton. He was funny.

The couple music scenes were entertaining actually.

But the claymation and what not, really lost me.

Kinda why I "hope" the sequel dials that in tighter and maybe we get somethin outta it.

But I'm pretty sure Burton just isn't for me but plenty of others enjoy his work and I'm totally fine with that.

I might have learned some of that outlook these last few years.

The Blu Ray looks better, imo.

Same as whatever Lucas did to his OG Trilogy, I don't understand some of these guys. :frown:

I may have mentioned this before, but the guy I house sit for has the laser discs of the OG trilogy. We watch them every few years. I'm sure some videophile will tell me otherwise, but they look better than any other version of the actual OG trilogy.

I may have mentioned this before, but the guy I house sit for has the laser discs of the OG trilogy. We watch them every few years. I'm sure some videophile will tell me otherwise, but they look better than any other version of the actual OG trilogy.

I have those as well. Not quite the Harmy version, but close enough.

I need to read the source material for Dracula to see if it’s really worth being remade over and over for a century :lol:

Same with The Phantom of the Opera

Got a chance to watch a couple movies over the weekend.

First up
1725379400899.png

7.3/10. not as good as Fury Road, but it's a very solid prequel.

1725379706363.png

6/10. The horror side of this movie was meh, but the family drama kept me entertained. The high level of dysfunction was far more terrifying than the exorcism storyline. Glen Close is a standout (per usual).

1725380304653.png

?/10. Currently halfway through Fall Guy. Action scenes and stunt work are fantastic but the movie itself is a little too goofy for me. And the comedy isn't landing like it's supposed to. I think this movie would have been much better in the hands of someone like Shane Black.

C CP1708 For reference, have you seen The Addams Family (1991) and if so what year did you see it? And also if so, what would you rate it, without putting too much thought into it.

C CP1708 For reference, have you seen The Addams Family (1991) and if so what year did you see it? And also if so, what would you rate it, without putting too much thought into it.

I did see that movie, probably back in the 90's, if I remember right, I liked it fine, but nothing special. I thought they nailed the castings compared to the TV show so the performances were done well, but I haven't watched them in years.

Probably 4-5/8 maybe I tick that up a smidge with a rewatch if something catches my eye.

Curious about choosing Locke. There isn't much going on visually since he's in his car the whole time and it's relatively short, what made you wanna catch it on the big screen?
That’s a good question. I don’t think there is any specific formula for why I think a movie would make a good theater experience.

I think there are several factors at play, and 6 Rings G.O.A.T. 6 Rings G.O.A.T. asked a good question, so I did my best to construct a “Mount Rushmore” of movies that came into my head naturally. Of movies that would provide me with a good cinematic experience on a personal level.

Should you do decide to check out Locke one day, I hope that you will like it, and I’m quite confident you will. :smile:

That’s a good question. I don’t think there is any specific formula for why I think a movie would make a good theater experience.

I think there are several factors at play, and 6 Rings G.O.A.T. 6 Rings G.O.A.T. asked a good question, so I did my best to construct a “Mount Rushmore” of movies that came into my head naturally. Of movies that would provide me with a good cinematic experience on a personal level.

Should you do decide to check out Locke one day, I hope that you will like it, and I’m quite confident you will. :smile:

I hear you! I do think it’s a good movie and have seen it twice

Back
Top Bottom