Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

the coolness the coolness going to see it tonight. The trailer had me intrigued and it definitely has to be better than the dumpster fire that was Cookoo (sic intentionally for NT censors lol).

Another horror I heard a rave review from is Strange Darling which unfortunately has run under the radar and is only playing in select theaters with not many showtimes around me. Anyone see it?

Might have to catch that one on streaming. Only one theatre is showing it 30 minutes away and I can't make the showtimes work with my schedule. I expect it to be gone by the time Beetlejuice Beetlejuice opens this weekend.

I'm going to see Beetlejuice Beetlejuice later tonight. :pimp:
Me too.. I got my tickets.. :nthat:

6622575e515b17eb79e91b2445cc3588dfefc0b.gif

Currently on season 2 of my Entourage rewatch and just got to the episode where they go to Comic Con to promote Aquaman and Johnny Drama has his Viking Quest booth. They also have a Rainn Wilson cameo where he plays a movie critic/blogger with a large following (think Perez Hilton) and he even has a dill doe fetish lol. Mind you this was pre Office. It's also so funny how they bash comic cons as this was 05' so pre Marvel boom. I mean comic cons are still considered nerdy but have become much more mainstream going into the 2010s to now.

U2's staying power over several decades is also pretty amazing (they have a concert at end of this episode) as they just had a residency at the Vegas Sphere.

For unnecessary as it was for there to be a sequel, beetlejuice 2 was a fun time.

Catherine O Hara is still so funny and damn she looked good. Hopefully we get more Winona Ryder in stuff beyond stranger things, felt like she’s still got it

felt like she was the face of gen x hollywood for awhile

Keaton killed it as always and Ortega really got the audrey plaza thing down though i would like to see her get out of her comfort zone in the future

Last edited:

I remember watching the interview and my jaw was on the floor the entire time. Crazy was it didn’t air until like 2days after Emily interviewed him in the Royal Palace. I can’t believe they allowed the BBC to air it. If you’ve never seen it take an hour and look

Last edited:
Stupid hot take: The 2008 Joker by Heath Ledger looked long + hard at Beetlejuice Michael Keaton’s performance as an influence

IMG_5453.gif

IMG_5454.gif

I'm going to see Beetlejuice Beetlejuice later tonight. :pimp:

I thought it was good enough.

It's hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice, but Tim Burton and Co. at least managed to recapture the tone and aesthetic of the original, without being a (complete) rehash.

Michael Keaton was great (again). You can tell he was having fun being Betelgeuse again.

Catherine O'Hara was another highlight. She doesn't get much to do, but she shines in her scenes.

Monica Bellucci's character doesn't get much screentime to be a threat.

Everyone looked like they were having fun during filming.

On the flipside, the main plot was too stuffy and there were too many subplots, but there's still a lot of "Juice" in this film.

Currently on season 2 of my Entourage rewatch and just got to the episode where they go to Comic Con to promote Aquaman and Johnny Drama has his Viking Quest booth. They also have a Rainn Wilson cameo where he plays a movie critic/blogger with a large following (think Perez Hilton) and he even has a dill doe fetish lol. Mind you this was pre Office. It's also so funny how they bash comic cons as this was 05' so pre Marvel boom. I mean comic cons are still considered nerdy but have become much more mainstream going into the 2010s to now.

U2's staying power over several decades is also pretty amazing (they have a concert at end of this episode) as they just had a residency at the Vegas Sphere.

Really buried the lede here with Rainn Wilson's character being "influenced" by Jesse Jane (R.I.P.), Teagan and Devon.

Ya I mean see Challengers

Going to Beetlejuice Beetlejuice tomorrow.
Yeah, I can’t really appreciate Zendaya like that because I still see the tween/early-teen version of her from the Disney channel shows my son watched. (Same issue with Jenna Ortega and Olivia Rodrigo).

I know it’s my hang up and a lot of dudes wouldn’t care and ****, let’s be real, might feel the exact opposite. But it’s my cross to bear. :rolleyes

:lol:

Yeah, I can’t really appreciate Zendaya like that because I still see the tween/early-teen version of her from the Disney channel shows my son watched. (Same issue with Jenna Ortega and Olivia Rodrigo).

I know it’s my hang up and a lot of dudes wouldn’t care and ****, let’s be real, might feel the exact opposite. But it’s my cross to bear. :rolleyes

:lol:
Had the same issue, she was my nephew's crush. She's damn near 30 now though, that wore off.

12hours ago I had no idea who Billie Piper was.
I’m watching her in Scoop, and I can’t take my eyes off of her.

Sweeping her IMDB she has nothing I’ve seen as it’s mostly UK Tele but she has a show on MAX that’s she produced and stars in that looks pretty Willy Wonka meets Tim Burton. Might be giving that a go, I like her eyes. I definitely know this woman just not sure how.

Back
Top Bottom