Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

"Woman of the hour"

Good acting and a solid directorial debut by Anna Kendrick. Surprised I'd never heard of this story before. Can't put my finger on it, but the movie felt like it was missing something. Still a decent watch.

6.9/10

1729806122005.png
I was aware of the story because my wife is constantly watching true crime stuff and a show on the ID Channel covered it. But I don’t recall it ever being a big mainstream media story.

I’ve never watched Speed 2. I’m pretty sure Sandy is in that also and that Jason Patric was the replacement for Keanu. I don’t remember who the villain is - (Willem Defoe, maybe?).

I’ve never watched Speed 2. I’m pretty sure Sandy is in that also and that Jason Patric was the replacement for Keanu. I don’t remember who the villain is - (Willem Defoe, maybe?).

Fun fact: Speed and Speed 2 has the largest gap in Rotten Tomatoes scores between an original and a direct sequel. Speed is at 95%. Speed 2 is at 4%. Oddly enough, one of the few critics who gave Speed 2 a positive review was Gene Siskel. But, that could have been the brain tumor talking at that point.

Currently, first time

(I don’t know anything about it, just started it based on the cast—it being Bale, McConaghey, and Gerard Butler)

IMG_5972.jpeg

Interesting premise, terrible execution. It is entertaining though. Lot of over acting by everyone.

Speed 3, if Keanu and Sandra come back I'm alllllllll the way in. ALLLLLL the way.
Opening night. No matter how good it looks before hand.

Thank you for posting this! I like how he acknowledged how each individual brought his or her own unique strengths to the process

Always a pleasure to see some Matrix-related footage

Anytime brother! You have a great taste!
Wait there was a Speed 2?
😂😂🤣

might still
Be considered one of the worst films of all time. Gotta be in the bottom 100. It’s about as good as a made for tv movie on TBS.

This morning (Tubi). A below average movie redeemed by (1) it's commentary on the industry and film-making, (2) a concept that would be borrowed* by Wes Craven repeatedly and done better, and (3) a very HANDSOME lead that is killed within the first 5 minutes

1729861554220.png

In the early 1980s, a series of gruesome murders occurred at Crippen High School. A few years later, a film crew uses the now-abandoned Crippen High as the set for a film. But an uninvited guest makes an appearance on the set.

No, to me she’ll forever be the girl from the Smile poster/therapist office + birthday party scenes

Last night's watch. "It's what's inside"

This movie was listed as a horror film but it's not. More sci-fi/thriller/comedy. Like a twisted spin on "Freaky Friday". Starts off slow but gets really interesting at the midway point. You can tell the budget was low, but they make up for it with creativity. There's also a fourth act that makes the story even more interesting. I wasn't super satisfied with the ending, but I really enjoyed this one.

7/10

1729877358319.png

Back
Top Bottom