Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

How in the @#$% could you be disappointed in Fast Five?  Son....

That movie was fantastic as we all knew what the formula was, and yet it still delivered.  People in my theatre was cheerin and clappin the whole time.  Even my wife liked it and she don't give a damn about that franchise. 

What were you expectin in there, Gone With the Wind?  Casablanca?  It was an adrenaline movie, we all knew that goin in, and it delivered. 

Please, explain, I'd love to hear why you didn't feel it. 

How in the @#$% could you be disappointed in Fast Five?  Son....

That movie was fantastic as we all knew what the formula was, and yet it still delivered.  People in my theatre was cheerin and clappin the whole time.  Even my wife liked it and she don't give a damn about that franchise. 

What were you expectin in there, Gone With the Wind?  Casablanca?  It was an adrenaline movie, we all knew that goin in, and it delivered. 

Please, explain, I'd love to hear why you didn't feel it. 

In terms of box office success and as a movie as a whole, Green Lantern was an unparalleled failure.

Anyone else watching Person of Interest (Abrams x Nolan) tonight? I'm not really expecting anything great, but I'm interested to see what they come up with.. and of course, Community returns. 
pimp.gif

In terms of box office success and as a movie as a whole, Green Lantern was an unparalleled failure.

Anyone else watching Person of Interest (Abrams x Nolan) tonight? I'm not really expecting anything great, but I'm interested to see what they come up with.. and of course, Community returns. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

New Dragon Tattoo extended trailer looks dope...   
are you talking about the one with no dialouge, about a minute and a half long?  or have you seen that "secret" 8 minute trailer?  if so, please post it.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

New Dragon Tattoo extended trailer looks dope...   
are you talking about the one with no dialouge, about a minute and a half long?  or have you seen that "secret" 8 minute trailer?  if so, please post it.

I would have still liked Fast Five even if it stunk, just my guilty pleasure franchise. But the action was solid, attractive women, Paul Walker is easy on the eyes, and it had some hilarious callbacks for fans of the series.

First Class and Drive are probably my top movies of the year so far.

TV news, Parks & Rec and Community have returned tonight and haven't missed a beat, high expectations for the new seasons.

On a related note, I watched the first 5 minutes, then a random 4 minutes of Whitney... boy was that a pile of garbage. It seemed like they took her right off the stand-up stage and said "hey, go do your act but on TV". I like her too, but her act doesn't translate that well to the sitcom, plus her acting needs a lot of work.

I would have still liked Fast Five even if it stunk, just my guilty pleasure franchise. But the action was solid, attractive women, Paul Walker is easy on the eyes, and it had some hilarious callbacks for fans of the series.

First Class and Drive are probably my top movies of the year so far.

TV news, Parks & Rec and Community have returned tonight and haven't missed a beat, high expectations for the new seasons.

On a related note, I watched the first 5 minutes, then a random 4 minutes of Whitney... boy was that a pile of garbage. It seemed like they took her right off the stand-up stage and said "hey, go do your act but on TV". I like her too, but her act doesn't translate that well to the sitcom, plus her acting needs a lot of work.

Um, mostly to change the subject, I'm now checking out Person of Interest. Mainly because I'm a big Lost fan and J.J. Abram is a producer and Michael Emerson (Ben) is in it. OK so far, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on it yet.

Back
Top Bottom