Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Considering this is "officially" a sports movie thread... Raging Bull is a must watch.

Movie just left me stunned the first time I saw it, it was perfect.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Deadset, NEPatriotsDraft.com, you know the site, yes? I think that guy just added me as a writer for his Dolphin spinoff site. We been emailin all day, I think I'm in. :eeek
that's awesome man...congrats
pimp.gif

i'll look for your stuff

Deadset, NEPatriotsDraft.com, you know the site, yes? I think that guy just added me as a writer for his Dolphin spinoff site. We been emailin all day, I think I'm in. :eeek
that's awesome man...congrats
pimp.gif

i'll look for your stuff

MrO, take this as a sign, watch Turner and Hooch, as well as League, you will NOT be disappointed. Tom KILLS those roles, especially League. Not his best movie per say, but I could argue his best acting job. Serious.
Throw that Hanks marathon on the pile.
laugh.gif
I was *weebey* when I found out about the run Rob Reiner had. Been trying to watch all of those right now.
ohwell.gif

And yall are confused...Sly & Carl Weathers in not only Rocky II and Rocky III....but Rocky IV!
pimp.gif
...Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell.....Jay and Silent Bob /page

Forreal tho...Bill Murray/Wes Anderson + The Coens/Buscemi, Goodman and McDormand deserve some appreciation. Even Fincher/Pitt and Nolan/Bale.

MrO, take this as a sign, watch Turner and Hooch, as well as League, you will NOT be disappointed. Tom KILLS those roles, especially League. Not his best movie per say, but I could argue his best acting job. Serious.
Throw that Hanks marathon on the pile.
laugh.gif
I was *weebey* when I found out about the run Rob Reiner had. Been trying to watch all of those right now.
ohwell.gif

And yall are confused...Sly & Carl Weathers in not only Rocky II and Rocky III....but Rocky IV!
pimp.gif
...Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell.....Jay and Silent Bob /page

Forreal tho...Bill Murray/Wes Anderson + The Coens/Buscemi, Goodman and McDormand deserve some appreciation. Even Fincher/Pitt and Nolan/Bale.

MONEYBALL

SPOILER maybe?

While I am a HUGE Brad Pitt fan, honestly I love the guy, I wasn't all that impressed with him in the role of Billy Beane. I mean, he was enjoyable, and because I'm a Brad Pitt fan I liked it more than the average person probably, but still, I couldn't help but think someone else could be playing the same role just as well and maybe even better. Either way, I'm nitpicking because I loved the film.

Jonah Hill was fantastic... this is by far the best performance I've seen from him. Not that there's much to pick from (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Superbad, Getting Him To The Greek, etc.)
laugh.gif
He was extremely likable, and some of his lines "47. Actually 52, I have no idea why I just lied there."
laugh.gif

I have more thoughts, but I'm in a hurry.

MONEYBALL

SPOILER maybe?

While I am a HUGE Brad Pitt fan, honestly I love the guy, I wasn't all that impressed with him in the role of Billy Beane. I mean, he was enjoyable, and because I'm a Brad Pitt fan I liked it more than the average person probably, but still, I couldn't help but think someone else could be playing the same role just as well and maybe even better. Either way, I'm nitpicking because I loved the film.

Jonah Hill was fantastic... this is by far the best performance I've seen from him. Not that there's much to pick from (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Superbad, Getting Him To The Greek, etc.)
laugh.gif
He was extremely likable, and some of his lines "47. Actually 52, I have no idea why I just lied there."
laugh.gif

I have more thoughts, but I'm in a hurry.

More on Moneyball...

While they have to stay true to the true story, I still thought it ended odd. It concluded on such a sorrow note that I left the theater feeling a little mixed, but when I looked at the big picture view of the film I truly loved it.

Thought the details were awesome... even Luis Rivas, a crappy hitting, but swift with the glove Twins 2B from the early 2000s... Guy wore high socks, and the director even had that random detail. It obviously has nothing to do with the plot, or even the A's, but its cool how precise the director was with the details.

EDIT: As for X2...

It was cool, I could go along with it, but I honestly enjoyed the first one more. Both were critically acclaimed as great movies, so there's no wrong answer really. Thought it was dicey by the director Bryan Singer to off Dr. Jean Grey but it worked and I was glad he actually went through with that. Maybe that's in the comic, so maybe it wasn't even his decision, I don't know
laugh.gif
It's odd, but I actually love when main characters are killed off in movies. It's rare, and because it's rare it's sort of a breath of fresh air.

I swear Brian Cox is in every movie known to man. Super Troppers, Bourne Series, Troy, The Rookie, The Ring, Red, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, Braveheart, 25th Hour, etc. etc.

Rogue continues to annoy me. As well as her boyfriend.

Halle Berry as Storm had a larger role in this film compared to the first. That's something I definitely noticed. Thought she did well, and so did that mutant blue guy... can't remember his name for the life of me now. Looking it up... Nightcrawler.

At some point I'm going to get to X-Men: The Last Stand... however I know it's been dubbed a flop by just about everyone
laugh.gif
I'll try to watch it with an open mind.

More on Moneyball...

While they have to stay true to the true story, I still thought it ended odd. It concluded on such a sorrow note that I left the theater feeling a little mixed, but when I looked at the big picture view of the film I truly loved it.

Thought the details were awesome... even Luis Rivas, a crappy hitting, but swift with the glove Twins 2B from the early 2000s... Guy wore high socks, and the director even had that random detail. It obviously has nothing to do with the plot, or even the A's, but its cool how precise the director was with the details.

It was cool, I could go along with it, but I honestly enjoyed the first one more. Both were critically acclaimed as great movies, so there's no wrong answer really. Thought it was dicey by the director Bryan Singer to off Dr. Jean Grey but it worked and I was glad he actually went through with that. Maybe that's in the comic, so maybe it wasn't even his decision, I don't know
laugh.gif
It's odd, but I actually love when main characters are killed off in movies. It's rare, and because it's rare it's sort of a breath of fresh air.

I swear Brian Cox is in every movie known to man. Super Troppers, Bourne Series, Troy, The Rookie, The Ring, Red, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, Braveheart, 25th Hour, etc. etc.

Halle Berry as Storm had a larger role in this film compared to the first. That's something I definitely noticed. Thought she did well, and so did that mutant blue guy... can't remember his name for the life of me now. Looking it up... Nightcrawler.

At some point I'm going to get to X-Men: The Last Stand... however I know it's been dubbed a flop by just about everyone
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

More on Moneyball...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Since you brought him up, little acknowledged/known fact that Brian Cox was Hannibal Lecter on film before Anthony Hopkins . . . and did a great job.  If you've never seen it, I highly recommend Manhunter, which was a 1986 movie version of Thomas Harris' Red Dragon, directed by Michael Mann.  It's not quite as good as Silence of the Lambs, but IMO is better than either of the other two Lecter movies starring Anothony Hopkins (Hannibal, Red Dragon). 

Originally Posted by JPZx

More on Moneyball...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Since you brought him up, little acknowledged/known fact that Brian Cox was Hannibal Lecter on film before Anthony Hopkins . . . and did a great job.  If you've never seen it, I highly recommend Manhunter, which was a 1986 movie version of Thomas Harris' Red Dragon, directed by Michael Mann.  It's not quite as good as Silence of the Lambs, but IMO is better than either of the other two Lecter movies starring Anothony Hopkins (Hannibal, Red Dragon). 

X-Men had so much potential to do more with that trilogy. Rogue had such an emotional storyline and they barely made anyone care about it. Hopefully down the line they get back to her character and shed her in the light she deserves.

X-Men had so much potential to do more with that trilogy. Rogue had such an emotional storyline and they barely made anyone care about it. Hopefully down the line they get back to her character and shed her in the light she deserves.

Manhunter was alright, but I liked Red Dragon so much more.  Maybe it's because it had Fiennes and Norton, but it just seemed better overall to me.  It's been a while, maybe I need to watch them both again and compare. 

I understand that Drive is....available...
nerd.gif
  Lookin forward to seein that sometime this week. 

Anyone else see Moneyball after JPZ?  It's worth at least a single watch isn't it?  I assume they tweak it a little bit like The Blind Side?  Happy it up a bit, try to make it a lil more interesting for non baseball fans? 

Manhunter was alright, but I liked Red Dragon so much more.  Maybe it's because it had Fiennes and Norton, but it just seemed better overall to me.  It's been a while, maybe I need to watch them both again and compare. 

I understand that Drive is....available...
nerd.gif
  Lookin forward to seein that sometime this week. 

Anyone else see Moneyball after JPZ?  It's worth at least a single watch isn't it?  I assume they tweak it a little bit like The Blind Side?  Happy it up a bit, try to make it a lil more interesting for non baseball fans? 

Whitney is horrible and I would be surprised if it lasts beyond a season or two.

Laugh tracks, in general, are awful but the one used in Whitney is unbearable.

Whitney is horrible and I would be surprised if it lasts beyond a season or two.

Laugh tracks, in general, are awful but the one used in Whitney is unbearable.

Never realized this thread was just about movies.

No wonder it's so long.

I'm going to have to check out some of these movies.

Never realized this thread was just about movies.

No wonder it's so long.

I'm going to have to check out some of these movies.

Saw Drive yesterday and just came back from watching Contagion. Not entirely impressed by either film, but they were entertaining. Using spill.com's rating system, I would rank both as "high matinee's."
If I get early off of work again tomorrow, I may either watch Moneyball or Warrior.

Saw Drive yesterday and just came back from watching Contagion. Not entirely impressed by either film, but they were entertaining. Using spill.com's rating system, I would rank both as "high matinee's."
If I get early off of work again tomorrow, I may either watch Moneyball or Warrior.

Back
Top Bottom