Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

28. CSI: Miami
This is one of my all time guilty pleasures.  Don't even ask me why.  I must like the scenery of Miami.
laugh.gif
*shrugs*

(wouldn't mess w/ it at this point in time)

28. CSI: Miami
This is one of my all time guilty pleasures.  Don't even ask me why.  I must like the scenery of Miami.
laugh.gif
*shrugs*

(wouldn't mess w/ it at this point in time)

I have to lay off twitter, since everything is on DVR now.  Otherwise I wouldn't be able to follow all the shows I follow.

Of the top:

Shameless
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Walking Dead
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
How to Make it In America
How I Met Your Mother
Community
Parks and Recreation
Homeland (Don't know if it will survive the cut)
The Killing (
eyes.gif
)
The Office
30 Rock

I'm not even putting the shows that I will follow in the future, just 'cause they are in my Netflix qeue:
Dexter
Californication
Sons of Anarchy
Eastbound & Down

That's off the top of my head, too much.  I don't even want to ask for show recommendations since I feel I got enough on my plate.

I have to lay off twitter, since everything is on DVR now.  Otherwise I wouldn't be able to follow all the shows I follow.

Of the top:

Shameless
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Walking Dead
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
How to Make it In America
How I Met Your Mother
Community
Parks and Recreation
Homeland (Don't know if it will survive the cut)
The Killing (
eyes.gif
)
The Office
30 Rock

I'm not even putting the shows that I will follow in the future, just 'cause they are in my Netflix qeue:
Dexter
Californication
Sons of Anarchy
Eastbound & Down

That's off the top of my head, too much.  I don't even want to ask for show recommendations since I feel I got enough on my plate.

Breaking Bad is definitely on my watch list now.

I'll try to cop the 1st 3 seasons soon and go through them by the end of the year.

Any of y'all watch Mad Men?  How is it?

I know it's critically acclaimed and what not, but reading a synopsis of the show it doesn't seem like a show that would interest me.

I'll try to cop the 1st 3 seasons soon and go through them by the end of the year.

I know it's critically acclaimed and what not, but reading a synopsis of the show it doesn't seem like a show that would interest me.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What is Tina Fey in the show? The Baldwin is a network exec, right? What about Tracy Morgan? That funny dork who wears all the different trucker hats?

Yes the show's hilarious. I started watching a couple years back after the awards started rolling in... I'm mad I waited so long.

Tina Fey = Head writer of the SNL-like show
Alec Baldwin = Exec, yes
Morgan = New/co star of the show, relative to Jenna
Jenna = Old lead star
Trucker hats/Frank = writer
Kenneth = A page for the company, from the south.

Originally Posted by toine2983

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Have fun going through the first 3 seasons of Breaking Bad in a week.

And Mad Men's great. Kind of overblown by the academy, but still great. The acting is top notch and the character development is great. I started out hating some people, now I love em. And John Slattery is awesome.
But seriously. It's the 2nd best show on the network.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What is Tina Fey in the show? The Baldwin is a network exec, right? What about Tracy Morgan? That funny dork who wears all the different trucker hats?

Yes the show's hilarious. I started watching a couple years back after the awards started rolling in... I'm mad I waited so long.

Tina Fey = Head writer of the SNL-like show
Alec Baldwin = Exec, yes
Morgan = New/co star of the show, relative to Jenna
Jenna = Old lead star
Trucker hats/Frank = writer
Kenneth = A page for the company, from the south.

Originally Posted by toine2983

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Have fun going through the first 3 seasons of Breaking Bad in a week.

And Mad Men's great. Kind of overblown by the academy, but still great. The acting is top notch and the character development is great. I started out hating some people, now I love em. And John Slattery is awesome.
But seriously. It's the 2nd best show on the network.

Just caught Inglorious Bastards on Showtime... just reiterates the fact that it's one of my favorite films of all-time.

Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt were so goddamn good.

Just caught Inglorious Bastards on Showtime... just reiterates the fact that it's one of my favorite films of all-time.

Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt were so goddamn good.

I should finish season three of Breaking Bad in the next few days. I wonder if/when the current season will be on Netflix Instant?

Catching up on shows is so frustrating.

What I watch regularly:

The Big C
Bored to Death
Breaking Bad (20 episodes behind)
Community (13)
Eastbound and Down
How I Met Your Mother (28)
How to Make It in America
The League
The Office (28)
The Walking Dead

I watched Win Win a few days ago. It was pretty enjoyable. A lot less sappy than it could have been, so that was a plus for me. Love Amy Ryan, not a huge fan of Paul Giamatti, and detest Melanie Lynskey. Seen her in Shattered Glass, Away We Go and Up in the Air, and something about her is always loathsome to me. It's a combination of her face, voice and the characters she plays... gross. I think she reminds me of someone from my past that I can't quite identify, but couldn't stand.

Alex Shaffer was awesome. Certainly a name to look out for if he continues on. He really won a state wrestling championship at 119.
[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Shaffer#cite_note-wt-7[/sup][sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Shaffer#cite_note-indie-8[/sup]

I should finish season three of Breaking Bad in the next few days. I wonder if/when the current season will be on Netflix Instant?

Catching up on shows is so frustrating.

What I watch regularly:

The Big C
Bored to Death
Breaking Bad (20 episodes behind)
Community (13)
Eastbound and Down
How I Met Your Mother (28)
How to Make It in America
The League
The Office (28)
The Walking Dead

I watched Win Win a few days ago. It was pretty enjoyable. A lot less sappy than it could have been, so that was a plus for me. Love Amy Ryan, not a huge fan of Paul Giamatti, and detest Melanie Lynskey. Seen her in Shattered Glass, Away We Go and Up in the Air, and something about her is always loathsome to me. It's a combination of her face, voice and the characters she plays... gross. I think she reminds me of someone from my past that I can't quite identify, but couldn't stand.

Alex Shaffer was awesome. Certainly a name to look out for if he continues on. He really won a state wrestling championship at 119.
[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Shaffer#cite_note-wt-7[/sup][sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Shaffer#cite_note-indie-8[/sup]

God damn, someone else has seen Shattered Glass besides me? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
  For some reason, I could never turn that movie off when I found it.  It's the only proof I have that Hayden Christensen actually can act, and ultimately just makes me hate George Lucas more. 
laugh.gif
  Hayden was fantastic in that role, and so was Peter Sarsguard.  (sp?) I liked Azaria in that, even Clohe head giver didn't bother me as usual in that movie.  I think I literally just spelled each and every single one of their names wrong. 

Kev, what would it take for you to give Dexter a look? 
nerd.gif
  Ever thought about it?  It may be nearing it's end, but I suspect you would be more than pleasantly surprised at the first few seasons if you gave it a chance. 

Read that Pulp Fiction came out on Blu Ray today, I think. 
smokin.gif
  I'm trying to be good and not buy some until Black Friday since I know they will all be cheap that day, but it's certainly not easy to stay away from all the titles being released lately.  *cough* Fast Five *cough* 

God damn, someone else has seen Shattered Glass besides me? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
  For some reason, I could never turn that movie off when I found it.  It's the only proof I have that Hayden Christensen actually can act, and ultimately just makes me hate George Lucas more. 
laugh.gif
  Hayden was fantastic in that role, and so was Peter Sarsguard.  (sp?) I liked Azaria in that, even Clohe head giver didn't bother me as usual in that movie.  I think I literally just spelled each and every single one of their names wrong. 

Kev, what would it take for you to give Dexter a look? 
nerd.gif
  Ever thought about it?  It may be nearing it's end, but I suspect you would be more than pleasantly surprised at the first few seasons if you gave it a chance. 

Read that Pulp Fiction came out on Blu Ray today, I think. 
smokin.gif
  I'm trying to be good and not buy some until Black Friday since I know they will all be cheap that day, but it's certainly not easy to stay away from all the titles being released lately.  *cough* Fast Five *cough* 

I've lurked in here for a little bit, and after hearing all the recommendations for Breaking Bad I watched the first season yesterday. We finished all of season 1 on Sunday because my girl got sick and well, that show is addicting. Appreciate the recommendations guys. I'll be checking in here more often. I'll try to look into The Wire too.

I've lurked in here for a little bit, and after hearing all the recommendations for Breaking Bad I watched the first season yesterday. We finished all of season 1 on Sunday because my girl got sick and well, that show is addicting. Appreciate the recommendations guys. I'll be checking in here more often. I'll try to look into The Wire too.

Caught 50/50 on Sunday, *tear jerker* alert.

I liked it, enjoyable movie and the characters weren't too over the top.  Thought the ending was kind of predictable.

Caught 50/50 on Sunday, *tear jerker* alert.

I liked it, enjoyable movie and the characters weren't too over the top.  Thought the ending was kind of predictable.

NBC's The Playboy Club got canceled after 2 eps. Only caught the pilot but I liked it and thought the show had legs, oh well.

NBC's The Playboy Club got canceled after 2 eps. Only caught the pilot but I liked it and thought the show had legs, oh well.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

amber-heard-playboy.jpg
devil.gif

They were hyping this big and it only lasted 2 eps?
30t6p3b.gif

Woulda watched if it was on Showtime.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

amber-heard-playboy.jpg
devil.gif

They were hyping this big and it only lasted 2 eps?
30t6p3b.gif

Woulda watched if it was on Showtime.
ohwell.gif

I think we've talked about Shattered Glass before because of Sarsgaard. Damn fine film, I thought.

I feel like I would enjoy Dexter. Just never got around to giving it a look.

Black Swan is on the Cinemax family now. With The Fighter and Winter's Bone on Netflix Instant (meaning they should appear on movie channels soon), The King's Speech and True Grit are the only two Best Picture nominees not quite out yet.

Back
Top Bottom