Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Killer Elite.......Transporter with his car in the shop.  Serious, Statham needs to do something else already, come on man.  The only movie I can think of that I didn't relate to Transporter was London, a crap movie with Chris Evans and Jessica Biel.  But at least he was in it.  He either needs to join a franchise or get out of my way with this @#$%. 
Bout as pointless of a movie as I can think of, and it's supposedly based on a true story. 
laugh.gif
  Like a moment here or there, DeNiro was ok even though it was horrible seein him look so old, but he brings something to every role he does, makes you feel like you're watching something better than you really are.  I give it a 5, cuz I'm nice.  Catch it on USA in about 3 weeks. 

Kev, with all the talk earlier about horror/thrillers, your thoughts on American Haunting? 
nerd.gif
  Tell ya what, I'm intrigued.  A whole SERIES dedicated to scaring you?  What a feat that is going to be.  I mean serious, how can they drag that out?  How could they do multiple seasons?  But, these are the folks that did Glee and that somehow works, so I have hope.  And I love the 2 main characters, !!+%#@#@@ what's his name, and Connie Britton.  They alone should drive it for a bit, by then we'll have a sense of what's going on, just not sure how they could cliffhang season 1, and then what for season 2? 
ohwell.gif
  But, that's why they're writers and I'm not. 
laugh.gif

Anyone else givin it a look? 

Dexter last night. 
happy.gif
  Good start to the season, but like I told ya'll, back to this whole fast forward thing, oh, LaGuerta and Ortiz aren't married now?  Quinn and Deb live together?  Oh.  We'll just spit that out in the first 10 minutes and move on along then. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Hall kicks @#$ on that show, when I seen him smiling when he was lookin at the dead body and was all giddy there's a new bad guy in town, I laughed out loud.  And his inner monologues...  "Quick reflexes, God I hate Jocks..."  all while standing there like it's nothing knowing he's about to beat this dude's @#$. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  Liked it.  Good start, 11 more episodes to go to see how it works out.  Big J won't like it though, Paul Walker doesn't make an appearance. 
laugh.gif

Kev, with all the talk earlier about horror/thrillers, your thoughts on American Haunting? 
nerd.gif
  Tell ya what, I'm intrigued.  A whole SERIES dedicated to scaring you?  What a feat that is going to be.  I mean serious, how can they drag that out?  How could they do multiple seasons?  But, these are the folks that did Glee and that somehow works, so I have hope.  And I love the 2 main characters, !!+%#@#@@ what's his name, and Connie Britton.  They alone should drive it for a bit, by then we'll have a sense of what's going on, just not sure how they could cliffhang season 1, and then what for season 2? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Dexter last night. 
happy.gif
  Good start to the season, but like I told ya'll, back to this whole fast forward thing, oh, LaGuerta and Ortiz aren't married now?  Quinn and Deb live together?  Oh.  We'll just spit that out in the first 10 minutes and move on along then. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Hall kicks @#$ on that show, when I seen him smiling when he was lookin at the dead body and was all giddy there's a new bad guy in town, I laughed out loud.  And his inner monologues...  "Quick reflexes, God I hate Jocks..."  all while standing there like it's nothing knowing he's about to beat this dude's @#$. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  Liked it.  Good start, 11 more episodes to go to see how it works out.  Big J won't like it though, Paul Walker doesn't make an appearance. 
laugh.gif

Watched the Dexter premiere a few days ago, good premiere.

The reunion scenes had me
laugh.gif
, especially when Dexter when was getting loose on the dance floor and Harry gave him the two thumbs up.

Trisha.
devil.gif

The Professor Gellar and Travis characters look promising; interesting in seeing how they develop and how formidable a foe they pose to Dexter. There seems to be a teacher/apprentice dynamic between them, similar to Harry and Dexter's relationship.

Sundays are going to be crazy for the rest of the year.

You have:

- Boardwalk Empire
- Hung
- How To Make It In America
- Dexter
- The Walking Dead
- Sunday Night Football

Then Shameless and Californication in January.

I need to get a DVR.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
, especially when Dexter when was getting loose on the dance floor and Harry gave him the two thumbs up.

Trisha.
devil.gif

The Professor Gellar and Travis characters look promising; interesting in seeing how they develop and how formidable a foe they pose to Dexter. There seems to be a teacher/apprentice dynamic between them, similar to Harry and Dexter's relationship.

You have:

- Boardwalk Empire
- Hung
- How To Make It In America
- Dexter
- The Walking Dead
- Sunday Night Football

I need to get a DVR.
30t6p3b.gif

Remind me again when I said I'm in favor of skipping ahead in time? I liked what they did with the timeline last season.. The premiere was just average to me. Didn't do anything that interesting or impressive to bring me back yet.. Still optimistic

The show is still entertaining but its on the down slope, especially compared to Breaking Bad in its prime.. Its on a 2nd tier of great shows

Remind me again when I said I'm in favor of skipping ahead in time? I liked what they did with the timeline last season.. The premiere was just average to me. Didn't do anything that interesting or impressive to bring me back yet.. Still optimistic

The show is still entertaining but its on the down slope, especially compared to Breaking Bad in its prime.. Its on a 2nd tier of great shows

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Dexter last night. 
happy.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I'm on the fence about American Horror Story.  From what I read, it seems like they're not going for scary so much as weird and uncomfortable.  Which makes sense when you consider its coming from the combo of the Glee guy and the Nip/Tuck guy.  I can get into that in small doses, but not for a whole series I think.  I also share your questions about whether, even if its good in the short term, it will have any legs.  But since I drive by like 5 giant billboards for the show every day on my way to work, I feel compelled to at least check out the pilot.   

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Dexter last night. 
happy.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I'm on the fence about American Horror Story.  From what I read, it seems like they're not going for scary so much as weird and uncomfortable.  Which makes sense when you consider its coming from the combo of the Glee guy and the Nip/Tuck guy.  I can get into that in small doses, but not for a whole series I think.  I also share your questions about whether, even if its good in the short term, it will have any legs.  But since I drive by like 5 giant billboards for the show every day on my way to work, I feel compelled to at least check out the pilot.   

Anyone on the fence about breaking bad needs to start watching before the final season

Just a notch below the wire. But I put it in the same sentence

Anyone on the fence about breaking bad needs to start watching before the final season

Just a notch below the wire. But I put it in the same sentence

30 Rock

Never seen it before. Recorded a couple episodes tonight for the hell of it. Just watched 'Seinfield Vision', and now watching Jack Gets in the Game'.

Show's hilarious. Just wanted to ask you guys to tell me the roles real quick.

What is Tina Fey in the show? The Baldwin is a network exec, right? What about Tracy Morgan? That funny dork who wears all the different trucker hats?

Fey: "Sorry for trying to make the world a better place."
Baldwin: "You should be. Complete waste of time."

roll.gif
laugh.gif

30 Rock

Never seen it before. Recorded a couple episodes tonight for the hell of it. Just watched 'Seinfield Vision', and now watching Jack Gets in the Game'.

Show's hilarious. Just wanted to ask you guys to tell me the roles real quick.

What is Tina Fey in the show? The Baldwin is a network exec, right? What about Tracy Morgan? That funny dork who wears all the different trucker hats?

Fey: "Sorry for trying to make the world a better place."
Baldwin: "You should be. Complete waste of time."

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Dub, when is the final season?

I was actually planning on starting it tonight thanks to Big J's recommendation.

Dub, when is the final season?

I was actually planning on starting it tonight thanks to Big J's recommendation.

Next sumemer supposedly Nike. Rare show that gets better and better. So good man

Ska Liz lemon is the head writer for a show like saturday night livve. Tracy is a crazy star celebrity

Next sumemer supposedly Nike. Rare show that gets better and better. So good man

Ska Liz lemon is the head writer for a show like saturday night livve. Tracy is a crazy star celebrity

Originally Posted by toine2983

laugh.gif

Trisha.
devil.gif

I need to get a DVR.
30t6p3b.gif

For me it's:

1. Breaking Bad
---
2. The Good Wife
3. The Walking Dead
4. Shameless
5. Californication
6. Eastbound & Down
7. Homeland (so far)
8. Boardwalk Empire
9. Dexter
10. How To Make It In America
11. Bob's Burgers
---
28. CSI: Miami
29. The Killing

pretty sure these are all sundays...
sick.gif
that's ignorant

And I hope American Horror Story's good...just for Mrs. Coach.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

laugh.gif

Trisha.
devil.gif

I need to get a DVR.
30t6p3b.gif

For me it's:

1. Breaking Bad
---
2. The Good Wife
3. The Walking Dead
4. Shameless
5. Californication
6. Eastbound & Down
7. Homeland (so far)
8. Boardwalk Empire
9. Dexter
10. How To Make It In America
11. Bob's Burgers
---
28. CSI: Miami
29. The Killing

pretty sure these are all sundays...
sick.gif
that's ignorant

And I hope American Horror Story's good...just for Mrs. Coach.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom