Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I think we've talked about Shattered Glass before because of Sarsgaard. Damn fine film, I thought.

I feel like I would enjoy Dexter. Just never got around to giving it a look.

Black Swan is on the Cinemax family now. With The Fighter and Winter's Bone on Netflix Instant (meaning they should appear on movie channels soon), The King's Speech and True Grit are the only two Best Picture nominees not quite out yet.

Caught the pilot of Playboy Club... snooze fest.

I love Amber Heard, but not that much.

Recently I've gone back and rewatched The Sopranos. The series debuted in 1999 and ended in 2007, I watched it on and off in that time, but if I started watching it when it debuted I would have not appreciated it, due to age.

Now I'm watching it and loving it, in the middle of season 4, and I understand why it was mesmerizing to those who were older and that's all they talked about.

You really hate some characters with a passion and just want them to get clipped. Anyone else watch The Sopranos after it ended?

Recently I've gone back and rewatched The Sopranos. The series debuted in 1999 and ended in 2007, I watched it on and off in that time, but if I started watching it when it debuted I would have not appreciated it, due to age.

Now I'm watching it and loving it, in the middle of season 4, and I understand why it was mesmerizing to those who were older and that's all they talked about.

You really hate some characters with a passion and just want them to get clipped. Anyone else watch The Sopranos after it ended?

First 2 seasons were genius and set the way for the wire, mad men, and breaking bad. 3rd is still great. After that I wasn't feeling it as much until the last season which had some very good episodes.

The ending will always bother me but will always remember it.

First 2 seasons were genius and set the way for the wire, mad men, and breaking bad. 3rd is still great. After that I wasn't feeling it as much until the last season which had some very good episodes.

The ending will always bother me but will always remember it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It might have just been that green bunny outfit that kept me entertained
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It might have just been that green bunny outfit that kept me entertained
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

God damn, someone else has seen Shattered Glass besides me? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
  For some reason, I could never turn that movie off when I found it.  It's the only proof I have that Hayden Christensen actually can act, and ultimately just makes me hate George Lucas more. 
laugh.gif
  Hayden was fantastic in that role, and so was Peter Sarsguard.  (sp?) I liked Azaria in that, even Clohe head giver didn't bother me as usual in that movie.  I think I literally just spelled each and every single one of their names wrong. 
I remember seeing this a couple years ago when the DVD initially came out. Hayden's performance was solid, but I felt that Sarsgaard overshadowed it. Very good movie overall.

I'm watching 50/50 tomorrow. Been avoiding any type of spoilers or reviews, but I expect something above average.

Originally Posted by CP1708

God damn, someone else has seen Shattered Glass besides me? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
  For some reason, I could never turn that movie off when I found it.  It's the only proof I have that Hayden Christensen actually can act, and ultimately just makes me hate George Lucas more. 
laugh.gif
  Hayden was fantastic in that role, and so was Peter Sarsguard.  (sp?) I liked Azaria in that, even Clohe head giver didn't bother me as usual in that movie.  I think I literally just spelled each and every single one of their names wrong. 
I remember seeing this a couple years ago when the DVD initially came out. Hayden's performance was solid, but I felt that Sarsgaard overshadowed it. Very good movie overall.

I'm watching 50/50 tomorrow. Been avoiding any type of spoilers or reviews, but I expect something above average.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Man screw Leo in a damn action trilogy. What a waste of time

Step your versatile game up
Agreed, he's too big of a name to dedicate himself to a trilogy. Still wanna see him in a damn comedy already.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Man screw Leo in a damn action trilogy. What a waste of time

Step your versatile game up
Agreed, he's too big of a name to dedicate himself to a trilogy. Still wanna see him in a damn comedy already.

New Girl has been solid, as has Up All Night. Those are the only new shows I've added to my rotation.

New Girl has been solid, as has Up All Night. Those are the only new shows I've added to my rotation.

I really like Prime Suspect with Maria Bello, and I think Happy Endings counts as new. That show kills me.

+American Horror Story starts tomorrow...that could be real good.

But forreal...all those shows are on on Sunday, but then Monday+Tuesday is just House and Sons of Anarchy? with maybe 2 Broke New Girls.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I really like Prime Suspect with Maria Bello, and I think Happy Endings counts as new. That show kills me.

+American Horror Story starts tomorrow...that could be real good.

But forreal...all those shows are on on Sunday, but then Monday+Tuesday is just House and Sons of Anarchy? with maybe 2 Broke New Girls.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

2 Broke Girls looks like it's finding its stride.
Saw one ep of Up All Night and liked it, need to catch up on the rest.

2 Broke Girls looks like it's finding its stride.
Saw one ep of Up All Night and liked it, need to catch up on the rest.

Back
Top Bottom