Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Recently I've gone back and rewatched The Sopranos. The series debuted in 1999 and ended in 2007, I watched it on and off in that time, but if I started watching it when it debuted I would have not appreciated it, due to age.

Now I'm watching it and loving it, in the middle of season 4, and I understand why it was mesmerizing to those who were older and that's all they talked about.

You really hate some characters with a passion and just want them to get clipped. Anyone else watch The Sopranos after it ended?
I have re-watched single episodes that are my favorities from time to time after the series ended, but haven't watched the whole series all the way through again.  My dad, however, rewatches the series every few months it seems.  Needless to say, he's a pretty big fan. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kev, do me a favor & remind me how season 3 ended.
Non-spoiler version: Walt did something he should not have done. Gustavo not pleased. Assistant possibly getting a promotion. Jesse at Gale's apartment.

Kev, do me a favor & remind me how season 3 ended.
Non-spoiler version: Walt did something he should not have done. Gustavo not pleased. Assistant possibly getting a promotion. Jesse at Gale's apartment.

A Simpsons channel would be dope if they decided to stop at let's say 25 seasons and then rebooted down the line where Homer and Marge are in the old folks home with Skinner and some other characters, and Lisa, Bart and Maggie (and friends) are all grown up. Would allow a new crop of writers to come in, freshen the show, and get back to their roots.

A Simpsons channel would be dope if they decided to stop at let's say 25 seasons and then rebooted down the line where Homer and Marge are in the old folks home with Skinner and some other characters, and Lisa, Bart and Maggie (and friends) are all grown up. Would allow a new crop of writers to come in, freshen the show, and get back to their roots.

venom: I never saw an episode of the Sopranos till last year, and I saw the whole series when AMC aired the whole thing, from pilot to finale. Thought it was alright. Not great. Definitely underwhelmed with how it ended, no doubt. DEFINITELY had some moments where I shed a single tear over who got popped.
laugh.gif
AMC?!?!?! you watched edited Sopranos...where they do that at?!?!?

venom: I never saw an episode of the Sopranos till last year, and I saw the whole series when AMC aired the whole thing, from pilot to finale. Thought it was alright. Not great. Definitely underwhelmed with how it ended, no doubt. DEFINITELY had some moments where I shed a single tear over who got popped.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Seriously.  If you're watching the PG-13 version of the Sopranos, you're not really watching the Sopranos. 

laugh.gif

Seriously.  If you're watching the PG-13 version of the Sopranos, you're not really watching the Sopranos. 

Damn, thought Kev was bout to have a seizure off the last 2 eps of this season.
laugh.gif

I ain't surprised that season 5 finale for Dexter had lower ratings than 4. Season 4 told us that the show had no boundaries, was ready to end and was headed for it with a fury. Then 5 told us that they were gonna milk another 3 or 4 ssdd seasons (which they are) and that they'll probably be fugazi (which that one was). Look at the numbers, me and J weren't the only ones who thought 5 was weak beginning to end.
laugh.gif

And I want the Simpson's to stay, just cuz knowing it's still on>>>seeing ads for MacFarlane's Flintstones or newest FG spinoff...I mean I guess it's time for a Latino family or a Quagmire/2.5 men spinoff.
eyes.gif

That's wild though, how much more $ they can make once the show's done.
eek.gif

roll.gif
I Am Number Four still the worst movie of the year...unless Abduction up to the task.

Damn, thought Kev was bout to have a seizure off the last 2 eps of this season.
laugh.gif

I ain't surprised that season 5 finale for Dexter had lower ratings than 4. Season 4 told us that the show had no boundaries, was ready to end and was headed for it with a fury. Then 5 told us that they were gonna milk another 3 or 4 ssdd seasons (which they are) and that they'll probably be fugazi (which that one was). Look at the numbers, me and J weren't the only ones who thought 5 was weak beginning to end.
laugh.gif

And I want the Simpson's to stay, just cuz knowing it's still on>>>seeing ads for MacFarlane's Flintstones or newest FG spinoff...I mean I guess it's time for a Latino family or a Quagmire/2.5 men spinoff.
eyes.gif

That's wild though, how much more $ they can make once the show's done.
eek.gif

roll.gif
I Am Number Four still the worst movie of the year...unless Abduction up to the task.

lawdog1:
venom lyrix:
23ska909red02:
laugh.gif

Not AMC.

A&E. My fault for saying AMC.

Wasn't edited that bad at all. Episodes have always aired on A&E. Still do. They just did a thing last year where they aired the whole thing, front to back, so I caught it.

lawdog1:
venom lyrix:
23ska909red02:
laugh.gif

Not AMC.

A&E. My fault for saying AMC.

Wasn't edited that bad at all. Episodes have always aired on A&E. Still do. They just did a thing last year where they aired the whole thing, front to back, so I caught it.

I was able to catch 50/50 tonight. Film was solid. I was thoroughly impressed by JGL's performance. I felt that Seth was out of place in the film, but his presence provided some balance in a, what would otherwise be, dark film.
Rest of the supporting cast did a superb job. Loved how all the other sub-plots developed within the story. In short, recommended, but it's nothing spectacular. 7/10

I was able to catch 50/50 tonight. Film was solid. I was thoroughly impressed by JGL's performance. I felt that Seth was out of place in the film, but his presence provided some balance in a, what would otherwise be, dark film.
Rest of the supporting cast did a superb job. Loved how all the other sub-plots developed within the story. In short, recommended, but it's nothing spectacular. 7/10

Back
Top Bottom