Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by MrONegative

^Agree completely. I feel like I just watched half a season of insanity in one ep. Can't wait to see where they go from here.
Dang, sounds like AHS is on some Twin Peaks level of weirdness.  I might have to check it out just for that. 

Originally Posted by Noskey

Also, 6 seasons and a movie.

laugh.gif

They're gonna start to understand people are fiending for horror shows, between the Walking Dead blowing up, True Blood and now this.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

Also, 6 seasons and a movie.

laugh.gif

They're gonna start to understand people are fiending for horror shows, between the Walking Dead blowing up, True Blood and now this.
smokin.gif

let the lady pick the flick tonight, and got stuck watching Abduction because "ooh Taylor Lautner."
eyes.gif

terrible.

talked her into sneaking into Ides of March immediately after that abduction crap by saying "ooh Ryan Gosling is in this"
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

i liked it, not great... but worth the watch.

let the lady pick the flick tonight, and got stuck watching Abduction because "ooh Taylor Lautner."
eyes.gif

terrible.

talked her into sneaking into Ides of March immediately after that abduction crap by saying "ooh Ryan Gosling is in this"
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

eyes.gif

terrible.
looool that sucks. I guess if there's one way to turn terrible performances in terrible movies into more terrible roles in terrible movies, it's by knowing you'll be getting the female money for the studio.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I'd expect that to look like the Godfather after Abduction
laugh.gif
Is it more suspenseful than the lackluster trailers make it look? (a la Michael Clayton).

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

eyes.gif

terrible.
looool that sucks. I guess if there's one way to turn terrible performances in terrible movies into more terrible roles in terrible movies, it's by knowing you'll be getting the female money for the studio.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I'd expect that to look like the Godfather after Abduction
laugh.gif
Is it more suspenseful than the lackluster trailers make it look? (a la Michael Clayton).

Simpsons renewed for 2 more seasons after this one, totaling 25 seasons. Reportedly the actors will get a 30% salary reduction but no percentage of the back-end profits. Not a total shock they get nothing on the back-end after that report of the Simpsons value if it was cancelled right now. 
Link

Even though we all can admit the show hasn't been of high quality in about a decade, it's still amazing to see any show last for a quarter century, given the rise of cable, internet, and so on, it's impressive.

I'll argue with and physically fight anyone who disagrees, but prime Simpsons is the funniest show I've ever seen. The blending of slapstick, satire, homage, the standard family sitcom, wit, etc., makes it tough to beat in my book.

Simpsons renewed for 2 more seasons after this one, totaling 25 seasons. Reportedly the actors will get a 30% salary reduction but no percentage of the back-end profits. Not a total shock they get nothing on the back-end after that report of the Simpsons value if it was cancelled right now. 
Link

Even though we all can admit the show hasn't been of high quality in about a decade, it's still amazing to see any show last for a quarter century, given the rise of cable, internet, and so on, it's impressive.

I'll argue with and physically fight anyone who disagrees, but prime Simpsons is the funniest show I've ever seen. The blending of slapstick, satire, homage, the standard family sitcom, wit, etc., makes it tough to beat in my book.

^^^ Hard to argue about the Simpsons. It was definitely as good as it gets for quite a while.

On another note, I checked out Scream 4 tonight. Liked it, but didn't love it. While I appreciated the commentary on our celebrity-at-any-cost culture and thought it was pretty well written and acted, something about the movie just didn't quite do it for me. At the end of day, it was pretty much the same film as Scream 1, but with updated pop culture references and a slightly higher body count. I just had this been there, done that feeling while I was watching it. But, considering what my other viewing options were tonight, I'm glad I gave it a look.

^^^ Hard to argue about the Simpsons. It was definitely as good as it gets for quite a while.

On another note, I checked out Scream 4 tonight. Liked it, but didn't love it. While I appreciated the commentary on our celebrity-at-any-cost culture and thought it was pretty well written and acted, something about the movie just didn't quite do it for me. At the end of day, it was pretty much the same film as Scream 1, but with updated pop culture references and a slightly higher body count. I just had this been there, done that feeling while I was watching it. But, considering what my other viewing options were tonight, I'm glad I gave it a look.

Jesus H. Christ, Tera Nova...

*shaking my damn head*

I literally watched that 1st episode JUST because you guys were talking about how you couldn't help it and whatever.

Suffice it to say you need not quiz me on Ep. 2

Jesus H. Christ, Tera Nova...

*shaking my damn head*

I literally watched that 1st episode JUST because you guys were talking about how you couldn't help it and whatever.

Suffice it to say you need not quiz me on Ep. 2

'Tower Heist' is gonna be able to stream on Comcast OnDemand 3 weeks after its release for Portland and Atlanta markets.

For $60.

roll.gif

'Tower Heist' is gonna be able to stream on Comcast OnDemand 3 weeks after its release for Portland and Atlanta markets.

For $60.

roll.gif

What could that possibly accomplish?

Anyway, I just watched a decent Australian indie horror/thriller on Sundance, Acolytes. It's about three teens blackmailing a serial killer into murdering a tormentor from their past. Alright story, good acting, great cinematography. The main dude from Triangle was in it.

Four episodes of Breaking Bad left before I'm caught up for the finale Sunday.

What could that possibly accomplish?

Anyway, I just watched a decent Australian indie horror/thriller on Sundance, Acolytes. It's about three teens blackmailing a serial killer into murdering a tormentor from their past. Alright story, good acting, great cinematography. The main dude from Triangle was in it.

Four episodes of Breaking Bad left before I'm caught up for the finale Sunday.

The studios are on some %@%+ with the VOD nonsense... Ticket sales are down at theaters, so we'll try to undercut them and take out the middle man by making this movie available for streaming three weeks after release and we'll charge $60...

The three people that might purchase that through VOD really make it worth pissing off every big theater chain in the country? And this dumb @+# looking movie is where you decide to throw this gauntlet down?

The studios are on some %@%+ with the VOD nonsense... Ticket sales are down at theaters, so we'll try to undercut them and take out the middle man by making this movie available for streaming three weeks after release and we'll charge $60...

The three people that might purchase that through VOD really make it worth pissing off every big theater chain in the country? And this dumb @+# looking movie is where you decide to throw this gauntlet down?

i just want to know if the simpsons will have a proper send off

don't cheap out on the writing

i just want to know if the simpsons will have a proper send off

don't cheap out on the writing

Have you guys seen the roast of Charlie Sheen?

+!@! ing $%@* is hilarious.

Jeff Ross @!*@%$% KILLLLLLED it.

Have you guys seen the roast of Charlie Sheen?

+!@! ing $%@* is hilarious.

Jeff Ross @!*@%$% KILLLLLLED it.

Back
Top Bottom