Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Finally get to see Breaking Bad tonight 
pimp.gif
My body is beyond ready.

Be back in a little while to share my thoughts.

Son... all I can say will be summed up with a gif...

otqjyp.gif

Walt feeling himself so hard at the end on some Obama tip

vqtkjr.gif

Ali in all, amazing season finale

jfix4m.gif

Son... all I can say will be summed up with a gif...

otqjyp.gif

Walt feeling himself so hard at the end on some Obama tip

vqtkjr.gif

Ali in all, amazing season finale

jfix4m.gif

tumblr_lsugk2JtId1qf063ko1_500.gif

Yea he did.
smokin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I treat these last two episodes as one, since it's all the same day and...damn. I feel sorry for dudes in there who spoiled that *!%+ for themselves.
laugh.gif

And uh...

[h2]Monday, October 10, 2011[/h2] http://[h3]DVDs will be staying at netflix.com[/h3]
It is clear that for many of our members two websites would make things more difficult, so we are going to keep Netflix as one place to go for streaming and DVDs.

This means no change: one website, one account, one password… in other words, no Qwikster.

While the July price change was necessary, we are now done with price changes.

We’re constantly improving our streaming selection. We’ve recently added hundreds of movies from Paramount, Sony, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros., Lionsgate, MGM and Miramax. Plus, in the last couple of weeks alone, we’ve added over 3,500 TV episodes from ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, USA, E!, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Discovery Channel, TLC, SyFy, A&E, History, and PBS.

We value our members, and we are committed to making Netflix the best place to get movies & TV shows.

Thank you.

-Reed

roll.gif

tumblr_lsugk2JtId1qf063ko1_500.gif

Yea he did.
smokin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I treat these last two episodes as one, since it's all the same day and...damn. I feel sorry for dudes in there who spoiled that *!%+ for themselves.
laugh.gif

And uh...

[h2]Monday, October 10, 2011[/h2] http://[h3]DVDs will be staying at netflix.com[/h3]
It is clear that for many of our members two websites would make things more difficult, so we are going to keep Netflix as one place to go for streaming and DVDs.

This means no change: one website, one account, one password… in other words, no Qwikster.

While the July price change was necessary, we are now done with price changes.

We’re constantly improving our streaming selection. We’ve recently added hundreds of movies from Paramount, Sony, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros., Lionsgate, MGM and Miramax. Plus, in the last couple of weeks alone, we’ve added over 3,500 TV episodes from ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, USA, E!, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Discovery Channel, TLC, SyFy, A&E, History, and PBS.

We value our members, and we are committed to making Netflix the best place to get movies & TV shows.

Thank you.

-Reed

roll.gif

For Breaking Bad fans who don't check the thread in General.. here's an episode by episode breakdown with Gilligan that the AV Club is doing, as well as an interview on the finale/season with Alan Sepinwall at Hitfix.
AV Club

Hit Fix

For Breaking Bad fans who don't check the thread in General.. here's an episode by episode breakdown with Gilligan that the AV Club is doing, as well as an interview on the finale/season with Alan Sepinwall at Hitfix.
AV Club

Hit Fix

Gus > *

He has to be one of my favorite television characters of all time.

Whoever isn't watching Breaking Bad in here is missing out.

EDIT: I can't be the only one who sees the Heisenberg/Brad Childress comparisons:

brad-childress-troy-williamson-hate.jpg

laugh.gif

Gus > *

He has to be one of my favorite television characters of all time.

Whoever isn't watching Breaking Bad in here is missing out.

EDIT: I can't be the only one who sees the Heisenberg/Brad Childress comparisons:

brad-childress-troy-williamson-hate.jpg

laugh.gif

Man, they definitely coulnd have done without that Terminatorlooking foolishness.
laugh.gif

When he fell forward, I actually sucked my teeth and said "Man, these dudes" and laughed.
laugh.gif

Other than that, I'm still hoping upon hope that Walt didn't get at Brock. :/ I think I'm like the only one who doesn't see how that fit into the plan we just saw him carry out. I mean, take the whole Brock situation out of the equation, and Walt's plan still goes through.

I don't know.

We'll see next Christmas hen the show come back.
laugh.gif
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... :/

Man, they definitely coulnd have done without that Terminatorlooking foolishness.
laugh.gif

When he fell forward, I actually sucked my teeth and said "Man, these dudes" and laughed.
laugh.gif

Other than that, I'm still hoping upon hope that Walt didn't get at Brock. :/ I think I'm like the only one who doesn't see how that fit into the plan we just saw him carry out. I mean, take the whole Brock situation out of the equation, and Walt's plan still goes through.

I don't know.

We'll see next Christmas hen the show come back.
laugh.gif
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... :/

Ska,

Spoiler [+]
Walt needed to get Jesse back on his side, so he needed for Jesse to think Gus was responsible for the poisoning of Brock. He needed Jesse because he had no other way of luring Gus out into the open. Brock gets sick, Jesse accuses Walt, Walter turns into Heisenberg and puts on a great performance when Jesse confronts him last episode, and he gets Jesse to turn on Gus. Without Jesse's involvement Walter doesn't know about Hector, and without that there's no Gus. I thought Brock was going to die, though. Obviously Walt thought he would just get sick but you saw the relief when Jesse told him he would be OK. I think if Brock died then Walt would be too evil too soon... there's a clear line that he's crossed already (sending his neighbor into his house, poisoning an innocent, as well as making Jesse shoot Gale), but if he was directly responsible for Brock's death, that would have been too much... there's still 16 episodes (probably split into 2 seasons) left.

Ska,

Spoiler [+]
Walt needed to get Jesse back on his side, so he needed for Jesse to think Gus was responsible for the poisoning of Brock. He needed Jesse because he had no other way of luring Gus out into the open. Brock gets sick, Jesse accuses Walt, Walter turns into Heisenberg and puts on a great performance when Jesse confronts him last episode, and he gets Jesse to turn on Gus. Without Jesse's involvement Walter doesn't know about Hector, and without that there's no Gus. I thought Brock was going to die, though. Obviously Walt thought he would just get sick but you saw the relief when Jesse told him he would be OK. I think if Brock died then Walt would be too evil too soon... there's a clear line that he's crossed already (sending his neighbor into his house, poisoning an innocent, as well as making Jesse shoot Gale), but if he was directly responsible for Brock's death, that would have been too much... there's still 16 episodes (probably split into 2 seasons) left.

agreed, the brock stuff was absolutely necessary

Gus is one of my favorite villain's ever. the terminator stuff ruined the scene for me. I was happy with everything that happened but the execution wasn't all that. Then again I'm holding the show to a high standard

finished A clash of kings. Very dope. Taking a break from game of thrones, read half of a lesser known philip **** book, The three stigmata of Palmer Eldrich

agreed, the brock stuff was absolutely necessary

Gus is one of my favorite villain's ever. the terminator stuff ruined the scene for me. I was happy with everything that happened but the execution wasn't all that. Then again I'm holding the show to a high standard

finished A clash of kings. Very dope. Taking a break from game of thrones, read half of a lesser known philip **** book, The three stigmata of Palmer Eldrich

For the record, there's definitely only one season left, and there's not 16 episodes left. Roughly midway through this past season, there was announcent that the writers and producers and everyone had agreed to one last season, and that they would do 16 more episodes.

Well, some episodes have taken place since then, I think like 5 or 6.

For the record, there's definitely only one season left, and there's not 16 episodes left. Roughly midway through this past season, there was announcent that the writers and producers and everyone had agreed to one last season, and that they would do 16 more episodes.

Well, some episodes have taken place since then, I think like 5 or 6.

2ppii3d.gif

From the article I posted above.

I can't imagine us getting through another 16 episodes of "Breaking Bad" without seeing Gus or Tio again in some flashback or another. I would hope, because it was just so much fun having those guys on the show. We historically do that: we bounce back and forth through time. I don't know why we couldn't do that again. But as far as Mike, you're right. Mike's still alive and kicking again down in Mexico, and I imagine we'll see him again next season.

Next season is 16 episodes, it sounds like they'll air over two years. How are you planning it out? Are you going to insert a specific break point around episode 8, 9 or 10? 

I think so. It sounds to me like the thinking on the part of AMC is to split it into two seasons. So we'll try to have a proper cliffhanger, I would think, at the end of the first 8. Which I don't think would be too tough for us, because we try to do a cliffhanger more or less with everything we do. We try to play each one like it's our last as much as we possibly can. Hopefully, that won't be too tough.

That's another thing that occurred to me. By the time the negotiations came down to the wire, it was clear you were either going to continue on AMC or go to another network, but there was a chance when you were writing this episode that it might be the last episode of the show ever. Would you have been comfortable with Walt on the parking deck and then the shot of the White backyard being the end of the series, if it had come to that?  

I think I personally would have been, yes. I think an argument could be made that the end of episode 13 of season 4 is, in essence, everything - but one thing, perhaps - that we promised the viewer, or implied to the viewer from day one, which is the idea of taking Mr. Chips and turning him into Scarface. Walt is pretty much as bad as one could imagine at the end of episode 413. There are two big questions left wanting for answers: one is what is the state of Walt's cancer, and the other is what about Hank? Will Hank ever figure out who Walter White truly is? Those would be the only really, for my money, big questions left outstanding. If for some reason a meteor hit the earth or something and then episode 413 was the last episode we were ever gonna do,  I would feel pretty good except for those two being the only outstanding questions. However you slice it, I feel fortunate that we've got 16 more. I'm happy about that. 

That's the creator. I hope you're pleased to be incorrect in this case
laugh.gif

2ppii3d.gif

From the article I posted above.

I can't imagine us getting through another 16 episodes of "Breaking Bad" without seeing Gus or Tio again in some flashback or another. I would hope, because it was just so much fun having those guys on the show. We historically do that: we bounce back and forth through time. I don't know why we couldn't do that again. But as far as Mike, you're right. Mike's still alive and kicking again down in Mexico, and I imagine we'll see him again next season.

Next season is 16 episodes, it sounds like they'll air over two years. How are you planning it out? Are you going to insert a specific break point around episode 8, 9 or 10? 

I think so. It sounds to me like the thinking on the part of AMC is to split it into two seasons. So we'll try to have a proper cliffhanger, I would think, at the end of the first 8. Which I don't think would be too tough for us, because we try to do a cliffhanger more or less with everything we do. We try to play each one like it's our last as much as we possibly can. Hopefully, that won't be too tough.

That's another thing that occurred to me. By the time the negotiations came down to the wire, it was clear you were either going to continue on AMC or go to another network, but there was a chance when you were writing this episode that it might be the last episode of the show ever. Would you have been comfortable with Walt on the parking deck and then the shot of the White backyard being the end of the series, if it had come to that?  

I think I personally would have been, yes. I think an argument could be made that the end of episode 13 of season 4 is, in essence, everything - but one thing, perhaps - that we promised the viewer, or implied to the viewer from day one, which is the idea of taking Mr. Chips and turning him into Scarface. Walt is pretty much as bad as one could imagine at the end of episode 413. There are two big questions left wanting for answers: one is what is the state of Walt's cancer, and the other is what about Hank? Will Hank ever figure out who Walter White truly is? Those would be the only really, for my money, big questions left outstanding. If for some reason a meteor hit the earth or something and then episode 413 was the last episode we were ever gonna do,  I would feel pretty good except for those two being the only outstanding questions. However you slice it, I feel fortunate that we've got 16 more. I'm happy about that. 

That's the creator. I hope you're pleased to be incorrect in this case
laugh.gif

Hate to interrupt the TV show portion of this thread, but The Ides of March is a very good film, and my favorite Gosling performance to date. The political chatter isn't Aaron Sorkin great, but it works well enough for the film. I don't want to give away what happens, but after the midpoint of the film, you're basically invested in Gosling's character. I would say it paints a very cynical portrayal of politics, but then again, who's to say that's not my naiveté? 8/10.
My revised Top 10 so far for 2011..

Midnight in Paris

Super

Ides of March

Win Win

The Lincoln Lawyer

50/50

Submarine

Tree of Life

Super 8

Captain America: The First Avenger

Hate to interrupt the TV show portion of this thread, but The Ides of March is a very good film, and my favorite Gosling performance to date. The political chatter isn't Aaron Sorkin great, but it works well enough for the film. I don't want to give away what happens, but after the midpoint of the film, you're basically invested in Gosling's character. I would say it paints a very cynical portrayal of politics, but then again, who's to say that's not my naiveté? 8/10.
My revised Top 10 so far for 2011..

Midnight in Paris

Super

Ides of March

Win Win

The Lincoln Lawyer

50/50

Submarine

Tree of Life

Super 8

Captain America: The First Avenger

Back