Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Watched last week's America Horror Story today, really freaking weird but interesting as hell like you all said. The younger version of the maid
pimp.gif
This is almost verbatim what I was going to come in an post about the pilot of AHS. 
laugh.gif
.  Very twisted, but compelling.  Now I have to watch Ep 2.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Watched last week's America Horror Story today, really freaking weird but interesting as hell like you all said. The younger version of the maid
pimp.gif
This is almost verbatim what I was going to come in an post about the pilot of AHS. 
laugh.gif
.  Very twisted, but compelling.  Now I have to watch Ep 2.

Kev:
He is about to become king of the biopic. I just hope either of these next two are better than The Aviator.
It's amazing how my opinion has done a complete 180 from Titanic to today. I think Gangs of New York was the pivotal point for me, but whatever it was, I really am a fan now. Inception, Shutter Island, Gangs, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can... dude is killing it.

I know you guys talk about seeing serious actors do comedy to switch things up, but I really hope I never see that from him. Hope he sticks to this drama crap, because he's REALLY good at it.

And what's a biopic? What are some popular titles that fit into that category? Is it just when an actor/actress portrays a non-fictional figure? Ali, J Edgar, A Beautiful Mind, Ray, Walk the Line?

Kev:
He is about to become king of the biopic. I just hope either of these next two are better than The Aviator.
It's amazing how my opinion has done a complete 180 from Titanic to today. I think Gangs of New York was the pivotal point for me, but whatever it was, I really am a fan now. Inception, Shutter Island, Gangs, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can... dude is killing it.

I know you guys talk about seeing serious actors do comedy to switch things up, but I really hope I never see that from him. Hope he sticks to this drama crap, because he's REALLY good at it.

And what's a biopic? What are some popular titles that fit into that category? Is it just when an actor/actress portrays a non-fictional figure? Ali, J Edgar, A Beautiful Mind, Ray, Walk the Line?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Biopic = Biography Picture. So basically exactly what you said, yes.

Leo now has J Edgar Hoover, Howard Hughes, Jim Carroll, Frank Abagnale Jr.,

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Biopic = Biography Picture. So basically exactly what you said, yes.

Leo now has J Edgar Hoover, Howard Hughes, Jim Carroll, Frank Abagnale Jr.,

^Um...Jack Dawson.
eyes.gif

Forreal though, I think that Basketball Diaries kid was a real person.

Seeing how great Community and Parks and Rec were tonight and The Office wasn't bad, I really wish Whitney and 2 Broke Girls swapped places.
30t6p3b.gif

^Um...Jack Dawson.
eyes.gif

Forreal though, I think that Basketball Diaries kid was a real person.

Seeing how great Community and Parks and Rec were tonight and The Office wasn't bad, I really wish Whitney and 2 Broke Girls swapped places.
30t6p3b.gif

My wife LOVES them damn Housewives shows, she watches all that crap. 
30t6p3b.gif

JPZ, how did you like Gone Baby Gone? 
nerd.gif

My wife LOVES them damn Housewives shows, she watches all that crap. 
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif

I'm only halfway through it, became extremely sleepy (not an effect of the movie) and had to wake up early the next day.

I stopped right before they went to make the swap with Cheese.

I'm only halfway through it, became extremely sleepy (not an effect of the movie) and had to wake up early the next day.

I stopped right before they went to make the swap with Cheese.

Originally Posted by CP1708

My wife LOVES them damn Housewives shows, she watches all that crap
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif
That makes two of us then.  I swear those shows are on every night because it seems like that's all my wife ever watches.

Originally Posted by CP1708

My wife LOVES them damn Housewives shows, she watches all that crap
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif
That makes two of us then.  I swear those shows are on every night because it seems like that's all my wife ever watches.

^
That's my bad man, I been busy with all this nonsense of a football team that I root for.  Haven't updated @#$% in here for a while. 

Finally got around to starting the final half season of Sopranos.  Once done with that, wife and I are on board for Breaking Bad.  I sold her on all you dudes jumpin up and down, and literally while in the video store the clerk heard me and goes "Breaking Bad?"  "Best show I ever seen, I hope it never ends......."  and just like that, the wife had heard enough. 
laugh.gif
  Still a few days away though, so be patient. 

Don Johnson joins Django Unchained. 
smokin.gif
  Cast is comin together NICELY. 

Avengers trailer. 
pimp.gif

Really liking Dexter so far, however, I am wondering where it's all going.  I thought they missed a chance there with the tooth fairy to really spook Dex in terms of what he would be like in 30 years when he's no longer strong/fast enough to handle dudes.  They missed that angle imo.  But, the season itself is setting up for a good mix of storylines, just not sure we get any closer to Dex being outted. 

I'm going to go hang myself again now, thank you Miami.  (Kev, B Marsh, part of the problem, hope you saw that last night.  Nice little collage of end zone drops they replayed for ya, was great re-living those.) 

^
That's my bad man, I been busy with all this nonsense of a football team that I root for.  Haven't updated @#$% in here for a while. 

Finally got around to starting the final half season of Sopranos.  Once done with that, wife and I are on board for Breaking Bad.  I sold her on all you dudes jumpin up and down, and literally while in the video store the clerk heard me and goes "Breaking Bad?"  "Best show I ever seen, I hope it never ends......."  and just like that, the wife had heard enough. 
laugh.gif
  Still a few days away though, so be patient. 

Don Johnson joins Django Unchained. 
smokin.gif
  Cast is comin together NICELY. 

Avengers trailer. 
pimp.gif

Really liking Dexter so far, however, I am wondering where it's all going.  I thought they missed a chance there with the tooth fairy to really spook Dex in terms of what he would be like in 30 years when he's no longer strong/fast enough to handle dudes.  They missed that angle imo.  But, the season itself is setting up for a good mix of storylines, just not sure we get any closer to Dex being outted. 

I'm going to go hang myself again now, thank you Miami.  (Kev, B Marsh, part of the problem, hope you saw that last night.  Nice little collage of end zone drops they replayed for ya, was great re-living those.) 

Back
Top Bottom