Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ Just for the sake of accuracy, it probably should be "lonley-psychotic, gay serial killer" . . . not that there's anything wrong with that.

^^^ Just for the sake of accuracy, it probably should be "lonley-psychotic, gay serial killer" . . . not that there's anything wrong with that.

Going to finish Gone Baby Gone tonight....

However, I just picked up seven new movies tonight... all for no price.

Requiem For A Dream
Ali
The Green Mile
There Will Be Blood
Gladiator (Cuba Gooding Jr.)
Munich

pimp.gif

Probably going to save Requiem and There Will Be Blood For last.... all should be good though (little iffy on Gladiator).

Going to finish Gone Baby Gone tonight....

However, I just picked up seven new movies tonight... all for no price.

Requiem For A Dream
Ali
The Green Mile
There Will Be Blood
Gladiator (Cuba Gooding Jr.)
Munich

pimp.gif

Probably going to save Requiem and There Will Be Blood For last.... all should be good though (little iffy on Gladiator).

"She's Gone Baby...Gone"
pimp.gif

007GBG_Edi_Gathegi_001.jpg

The scene where Affleck shoots the guy in the back of the head that murdered the little boy was phenomenal. The constant fading to black was superb, and just the shots of him struggling with what he had just committed was pretty overwhelming.

I wasn't that surprised by the twist at the end, kind of saw it coming knowing Freeman's role couldn't just be "Chief takes the fall, retires to his cabin". Also, when the police said they don't get auditory transcripts/pure transcripts of phone conversations, I figured Freeman had to be in on it somehow.

Affleck's girl saying, "If you call them, I'll never forgive you."
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You may not agree with him, but you HAVE to see his side of the argument, right?
indifferent.gif

The end showed that Affleck might have been regretting his decision (because he realized the girl's mother didn't even know her daughter's favorite dolls name), but I still think Affleck made the correct decision. Let child services sort it out, if they deem that she shouldn't be with the mother and that it's in her best interest to live with a different family, well then so be it. The daughter DID seem content with Freeman, but when it all comes down to it they STOLE her from her mother, and you don't want those type of people raising a child no matter what type of supposed "good" they have in them.

8.5/10

"She's Gone Baby...Gone"
pimp.gif

007GBG_Edi_Gathegi_001.jpg

The scene where Affleck shoots the guy in the back of the head that murdered the little boy was phenomenal. The constant fading to black was superb, and just the shots of him struggling with what he had just committed was pretty overwhelming.

I wasn't that surprised by the twist at the end, kind of saw it coming knowing Freeman's role couldn't just be "Chief takes the fall, retires to his cabin". Also, when the police said they don't get auditory transcripts/pure transcripts of phone conversations, I figured Freeman had to be in on it somehow.

Affleck's girl saying, "If you call them, I'll never forgive you."
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
You may not agree with him, but you HAVE to see his side of the argument, right?
indifferent.gif

The end showed that Affleck might have been regretting his decision (because he realized the girl's mother didn't even know her daughter's favorite dolls name), but I still think Affleck made the correct decision. Let child services sort it out, if they deem that she shouldn't be with the mother and that it's in her best interest to live with a different family, well then so be it. The daughter DID seem content with Freeman, but when it all comes down to it they STOLE her from her mother, and you don't want those type of people raising a child no matter what type of supposed "good" they have in them.

8.5/10

Wife and I went back and forth for a while after seein it the first time.  VERY tricky stuff there, but that mother was worthless.  Even after she gets her daughter back, she's dropping her off on the first person she finds so she can go out and party. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Something like that ever happened to me, I wouldn't let my kid out of my eyesight for about 20 years or so. 
laugh.gif

To me that was the greatness of the film, the morality of what went down.  Right vs wrong, not always as cut and dry as what Affleck wanted it to be. 

In the end, I just don't know, I might have left the girl with the older people who would have taken better care of her, even if her mother was out there.  I don't know. 
tired.gif

Now you see though, Ben, Gone Baby Gone, and The Town.  2 for 2 to start, hope he keeps it going. 

Wife and I went back and forth for a while after seein it the first time.  VERY tricky stuff there, but that mother was worthless.  Even after she gets her daughter back, she's dropping her off on the first person she finds so she can go out and party. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Something like that ever happened to me, I wouldn't let my kid out of my eyesight for about 20 years or so. 
laugh.gif

To me that was the greatness of the film, the morality of what went down.  Right vs wrong, not always as cut and dry as what Affleck wanted it to be. 

In the end, I just don't know, I might have left the girl with the older people who would have taken better care of her, even if her mother was out there.  I don't know. 
tired.gif

Now you see though, Ben, Gone Baby Gone, and The Town.  2 for 2 to start, hope he keeps it going. 

That is so random I just got talented mr ripley a week ago. Haven't watched yet but saw a long time ago and didn't like it

That is so random I just got talented mr ripley a week ago. Haven't watched yet but saw a long time ago and didn't like it

I still have no damn idea what is happening on this show. Whenever I feel like I start to understand even a portion of it, something else throws me off the scent (again).

It feels like three universes and about nine vignettes all rolled into one... episode. Three different times. With (at least) 10 more to go.

I still have no damn idea what is happening on this show. Whenever I feel like I start to understand even a portion of it, something else throws me off the scent (again).

It feels like three universes and about nine vignettes all rolled into one... episode. Three different times. With (at least) 10 more to go.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If you liked Catch Me If You Can, you'd like The Talented Mr. Ripley. The only difference being, however, Damon plays a lonely-psychotic serial killer.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If you liked Catch Me If You Can, you'd like The Talented Mr. Ripley. The only difference being, however, Damon plays a lonely-psychotic serial killer.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I thought I was starting to get a sense last night too, for instance, that hole, the maid is there, yes?  And now Kate Mara.  So, we'll be seeing Kate again at some point, right? 
nerd.gif

And Jessica Lange, I'm assuming she isn't "real" either right now, ala the maid, burn dude, etc.  And now, this hole in the head chick is walking around.  I'm not sure exactly what all is going on, but I love it.  And Connie Britton, she is quickly moving up my fav actress list.  When she tore up that real estate chick, I was cracking up. 
laugh.gif

That maid, lawd. 
embarassed.gif
smokin.gif

We got the twin boys
The crazy dude that got the nurses
The evil boy patient
The OG owner and his wife
Maid
Burn dude
Lange  (not sure if she's flat out connected.......wait, she did the maid, that was her house, she's not the neighbor at all is she.  Hot damn 
eek.gif
)

If they start every single episode with a new story line from the past, this is gonna get messy.  At some point, they need to start tying things together. 

Back
Top Bottom