Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bout to finally peep Walking Dead (Season 1) tonight 
pimp.gif

A little behind
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

I caught up on the first season in one sitting a few months ago. I'm not planning on it, but I'm already behind on the new season so I might just wait and repeat the same thing

I caught up on the first season in one sitting a few months ago. I'm not planning on it, but I'm already behind on the new season so I might just wait and repeat the same thing

Kool, I have watched that Christian Hosoi doc before, it was fantastic.  I remember trying to get my wife to watch it but she wasn't havin it. 
laugh.gif

Kev:

UPDATED: The companies' previous agreement expired Sept. 30, but there has been no progress made in the ongoing negotiations.
DirecTV has told Fox Networks that it will drop the channels Nov. 1 if the two companies don't come to an agreement in the ongoing carriage dispute.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cablevision-fox-meet-carriage-dispute-30911
Fox said late Thursday that it has offered an extension during the ongoing negotiations but that DirecTV "has informed us and their customers that unless we agree to their demands, they 'will suspend our networks on Nov. 1.'"

Fox added that DirecTV sent a proposal out Tuesday.

"They have given us no chance to respond before taking an unnecessarily aggressive posture and going public," Fox Networks said in a statement. "It is disappointing that they have chosen bad faith tactics over meaningful negotiation. 

"We have proposed to keep the Fox Networks on DirecTV for the same price, and on the same terms as they are currently carried while we attempt to work out a fair agreement. Unfortunately, DirecTV has decided that unless they get their way, they are going to pull the plug on their customers Nov. 1."

Meanwhile, DirecTV issued its own statement late Thursday.

"After months of making little progress in our talks with News Corp and Fox to renew our agreement to carry their regional sports networks and other national channels we’ve regrettably reached a point where we will be forced to suspend the channels as soon as Nov. 1 unless News Corp is willing to move toward a more reasonable price increase," the company said.

According to DirecTV, Fox Networks is seeing a 40% increase in its carriage fees.

"They are currently asking our customers to pay 40% more for the exact same Fox channels that they already receive, and that’s simply unfair and unwarranted," the company said. "We hope to resolve this situation before any action is taken, but we will do what’s necessary to protect our customers from excessive and unwarranted fee increases. We already provide News Corp. nearly a billion dollars a year for their channels, and we have no problem continuing to compensate them fairly."

Fox's carriage agreement with DirecTV expired Sept. 30. 

Fox Networks includes FX, National Geographic Channel, 19 regional sports networks, Fox Movie Channel, Speed, Fuel TV, Fox Soccer and Fox Deportes. Fox broadcast stations and Fox News Channel are not involved in the negotiations.

Fox's dispute with DirecTV marks the latest in a series of carriage disagreements for the company. Fox and its parent, News Corp., were engaged in a dispute with Cablevision a year ago, and the Fox channels were blacked out on Dish Network in October 2010 amid a dispute with the satellite TV giant.

FIX IT. 

I haven't watched jack @#$% on FX in years, now they have something for me, and they want to take it away. 
sick.gif

Kool, I have watched that Christian Hosoi doc before, it was fantastic.  I remember trying to get my wife to watch it but she wasn't havin it. 
laugh.gif

Kev:

UPDATED: The companies' previous agreement expired Sept. 30, but there has been no progress made in the ongoing negotiations.
DirecTV has told Fox Networks that it will drop the channels Nov. 1 if the two companies don't come to an agreement in the ongoing carriage dispute.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cablevision-fox-meet-carriage-dispute-30911
Fox said late Thursday that it has offered an extension during the ongoing negotiations but that DirecTV "has informed us and their customers that unless we agree to their demands, they 'will suspend our networks on Nov. 1.'"

Fox added that DirecTV sent a proposal out Tuesday.

"They have given us no chance to respond before taking an unnecessarily aggressive posture and going public," Fox Networks said in a statement. "It is disappointing that they have chosen bad faith tactics over meaningful negotiation. 

"We have proposed to keep the Fox Networks on DirecTV for the same price, and on the same terms as they are currently carried while we attempt to work out a fair agreement. Unfortunately, DirecTV has decided that unless they get their way, they are going to pull the plug on their customers Nov. 1."

Meanwhile, DirecTV issued its own statement late Thursday.

"After months of making little progress in our talks with News Corp and Fox to renew our agreement to carry their regional sports networks and other national channels we’ve regrettably reached a point where we will be forced to suspend the channels as soon as Nov. 1 unless News Corp is willing to move toward a more reasonable price increase," the company said.

According to DirecTV, Fox Networks is seeing a 40% increase in its carriage fees.

"They are currently asking our customers to pay 40% more for the exact same Fox channels that they already receive, and that’s simply unfair and unwarranted," the company said. "We hope to resolve this situation before any action is taken, but we will do what’s necessary to protect our customers from excessive and unwarranted fee increases. We already provide News Corp. nearly a billion dollars a year for their channels, and we have no problem continuing to compensate them fairly."

Fox's carriage agreement with DirecTV expired Sept. 30. 

Fox Networks includes FX, National Geographic Channel, 19 regional sports networks, Fox Movie Channel, Speed, Fuel TV, Fox Soccer and Fox Deportes. Fox broadcast stations and Fox News Channel are not involved in the negotiations.

Fox's dispute with DirecTV marks the latest in a series of carriage disagreements for the company. Fox and its parent, News Corp., were engaged in a dispute with Cablevision a year ago, and the Fox channels were blacked out on Dish Network in October 2010 amid a dispute with the satellite TV giant.

FIX IT. 

I haven't watched jack @#$% on FX in years, now they have something for me, and they want to take it away. 
sick.gif

^^^ If the NBA season was going on, I'd be a little more concerned about the Fox/DirecTV dispute since a Fox affiliate carriers the Clippers TV broadcasts here in LA. That's what I really need my Fox networks for. Since there's no games to broadcast anyway, oh well. I can live without Fox and FX.

Didn't Fox have a similar dispute with DISH Network just last year? That got worked out eventually, I believe.

^^^ If the NBA season was going on, I'd be a little more concerned about the Fox/DirecTV dispute since a Fox affiliate carriers the Clippers TV broadcasts here in LA. That's what I really need my Fox networks for. Since there's no games to broadcast anyway, oh well. I can live without Fox and FX.

Didn't Fox have a similar dispute with DISH Network just last year? That got worked out eventually, I believe.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix...on Episode 5 and this is awesome so far

Ugh, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. Suffices to say, it gets 100x better.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix...on Episode 5 and this is awesome so far

Ugh, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. Suffices to say, it gets 100x better.

I finished BB this week.

awesome. It'd fall in behind the Wire for me, barring an unreal final season.

Cranston is great, but the kid who plays Jessie was/is just as good on the show.

Only one complaint and that was the 'terminator' look. Extremely Cheesy.

I finished BB this week.

awesome. It'd fall in behind the Wire for me, barring an unreal final season.

Cranston is great, but the kid who plays Jessie was/is just as good on the show.

Only one complaint and that was the 'terminator' look. Extremely Cheesy.

The Sopranos

Finally finished off the series last night.  Overall, enjoyed the show alot.  However, there were many, many things that angered me.  So many wasted moments/opportunities, the coma, the last half season following this crying little @#$%^ AJ, the acid trip or whatever, weird turns at key moments, just so much randomness, it's unreal to me that people even liked the show. 

They spent 7 years building up the belief that the show was about the family, more so than the mob.  Ok, so if we are to believe the end, why did we not see the family and how it would react to what just happened?  Fade to black should have been about how Carm, AJ, and Meadow felt and saw what went down.  IF, that was what it was about. 
Now, if it was set up as a showdown between New York and New Jersey, then why did we not have a final confrontation?  Why did we leave characters unresolved?  Syl is in a damn hospital bed, Pauly is tanning, Tony sittin in a diner, what the hell is that about?  (those of you who watched, know what may have went on in the diner) 

To me they did nothing but leave holes.  Entourage had more closure. 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I really felt let down by it all to be honest.  I was expecting a mass showdown between "families" and some scores to settle.  Jesus, the entire show, FBI lurking lurking lurking lurking, they did NOTHING with that.  They still lurking for all I know.  Good God, how on earth do you underuse that? 
ohwell.gif

7 years talkin to a therapist, in one 8 minute session, it's over, just like that.  Done.  Why?  Why even close that down, and leave everything else open, know what I mean?  Why not just leave that hanging as well?  Woulda made no difference. 

Christopher, Syl, Pauly, Bobby, none of them were handled properly imo.  Even Phil was a bogus finish. 

I liked the show, glad I watched it, I hear that it opened doors and paved ways for other shows, but on it's own, it left too much open.  There were so many routes that I thought it could have gone, they went none of them. 
indifferent.gif
  I'm seriously bent that it was like that.  I may relax and grow to appreciate the show more as I get older and what not, let it settle, rewatch some stuff, I get that, but the closing of the show left me flat out pissed.  Either way, they copped out.  It's about the family, ok, show me the fam after fade to black then.  It's not about family, it's about mob, ok, then show me finality.  They did neither.  And that is messed up. 

The Sopranos

Finally finished off the series last night.  Overall, enjoyed the show alot.  However, there were many, many things that angered me.  So many wasted moments/opportunities, the coma, the last half season following this crying little @#$%^ AJ, the acid trip or whatever, weird turns at key moments, just so much randomness, it's unreal to me that people even liked the show. 

They spent 7 years building up the belief that the show was about the family, more so than the mob.  Ok, so if we are to believe the end, why did we not see the family and how it would react to what just happened?  Fade to black should have been about how Carm, AJ, and Meadow felt and saw what went down.  IF, that was what it was about. 
Now, if it was set up as a showdown between New York and New Jersey, then why did we not have a final confrontation?  Why did we leave characters unresolved?  Syl is in a damn hospital bed, Pauly is tanning, Tony sittin in a diner, what the hell is that about?  (those of you who watched, know what may have went on in the diner) 

To me they did nothing but leave holes.  Entourage had more closure. 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I really felt let down by it all to be honest.  I was expecting a mass showdown between "families" and some scores to settle.  Jesus, the entire show, FBI lurking lurking lurking lurking, they did NOTHING with that.  They still lurking for all I know.  Good God, how on earth do you underuse that? 
ohwell.gif

7 years talkin to a therapist, in one 8 minute session, it's over, just like that.  Done.  Why?  Why even close that down, and leave everything else open, know what I mean?  Why not just leave that hanging as well?  Woulda made no difference. 

Christopher, Syl, Pauly, Bobby, none of them were handled properly imo.  Even Phil was a bogus finish. 

I liked the show, glad I watched it, I hear that it opened doors and paved ways for other shows, but on it's own, it left too much open.  There were so many routes that I thought it could have gone, they went none of them. 
indifferent.gif
  I'm seriously bent that it was like that.  I may relax and grow to appreciate the show more as I get older and what not, let it settle, rewatch some stuff, I get that, but the closing of the show left me flat out pissed.  Either way, they copped out.  It's about the family, ok, show me the fam after fade to black then.  It's not about family, it's about mob, ok, then show me finality.  They did neither.  And that is messed up. 

He got whacked or ended up in prison.

That's your closure. Those are the only two options. Also I'm pretty sure paulie was a rat at the end

The first 2-3 seasons are genius. The last season had a lot of ups and downs. Aj being depressed was extremely annoying and poorly done.

One thing for sure, the characters on the show are the most memorable I've see in a show. Including the wire

He got whacked or ended up in prison.

That's your closure. Those are the only two options. Also I'm pretty sure paulie was a rat at the end

The first 2-3 seasons are genius. The last season had a lot of ups and downs. Aj being depressed was extremely annoying and poorly done.

One thing for sure, the characters on the show are the most memorable I've see in a show. Including the wire

Right, but after all that, we're left to GUESS if he was or not? 
ohwell.gif
  And with what proof?  Not once do you see him talk to an agent, ever, in the show. 

And don't bring up AJ, please, don't.  His storyline almost made me tear my TV out of the wall.  Swear to God I have no idea what the hell they were thinking with that @#$%.  Was the writer strike happening at that time? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As for Tony, you have read the explanation, haven't you?  What the fade to black meant. 
nerd.gif
  Simmons spoke on it a while back. 

Back
Top Bottom