Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by hymen man

Is American Horror Story something you'd suggest? It sounds and looks terrible from the commercials.
Absolutely suggest it.  It's early, 4-5 episodes in, but I can't think of another series that is supposed to be "scary" or thrilling at least.  The main acting has been very good, the storylines are creepy and tense, it's certainly worth the watch at least so far.  Will it last and go multiple seasons?  That's still to be determined but for right now, I love this show. 

Is American Horror Story something you'd suggest? It sounds and looks terrible from the commercials.
Absolutely suggest it.  It's early, 4-5 episodes in, but I can't think of another series that is supposed to be "scary" or thrilling at least.  The main acting has been very good, the storylines are creepy and tense, it's certainly worth the watch at least so far.  Will it last and go multiple seasons?  That's still to be determined but for right now, I love this show. 

I remember when i first saw Into the Wild, the ending was sad. Good movie though, really makes you think.

i thought so too at first (looking terrible from the commercials)... but it is actually really good so far
imo you need to watch from episode 1 otherwise you might not know whats going on...

I remember when i first saw Into the Wild, the ending was sad. Good movie though, really makes you think.

i thought so too at first (looking terrible from the commercials)... but it is actually really good so far
imo you need to watch from episode 1 otherwise you might not know whats going on...

Originally Posted by DREdwards

I've watched from episode 1 and still don't know what's going on. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DREdwards

I've watched from episode 1 and still don't know what's going on. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone who has seen all four episodes, tell me what you think you understand about the show. Let's try to sort this out.

This is what I have:
Spoiler [+]
- Clearly, anyone who dies on the property comes back. The maid, the gay dudes, the Weasley twins, Kate Mara, etc.
- The house is a manifestation of its occupants' wrongdoings or something, and it controls them. Or something.
- Tami Taylor (seriously, does anyone not refer to her as something related to Friday Night Lights when discussing this show?) has a dom-demon baby inside of her.
- Dylan McDermott is awful.
- Addy is the most frightening character on the show, ghost or otherwise.
I'm not even sure what I'm confused about anymore. Maybe it's as simple as the house making people die and they stay to haunt who comes next.

Anyone who has seen all four episodes, tell me what you think you understand about the show. Let's try to sort this out.

This is what I have:
Spoiler [+]
- Clearly, anyone who dies on the property comes back. The maid, the gay dudes, the Weasley twins, Kate Mara, etc.
- The house is a manifestation of its occupants' wrongdoings or something, and it controls them. Or something.
- Tami Taylor (seriously, does anyone not refer to her as something related to Friday Night Lights when discussing this show?) has a dom-demon baby inside of her.
I'm not even sure what I'm confused about anymore. Maybe it's as simple as the house making people die and they stay to haunt who comes next.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

This is what I have:
Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Clearly right about the property, did you see Lange tryin to drag her onto the property before she passed? 
The Maid "could" have passed on if she was discovered when she was unburied.  I assume that was her where Mara now resides
Tami Taylor is a terrific actress, and wear's a blouse well, especially now
She also recovers really fast, one minute in the hospital, the next minute racing home, this is AFTER a nurse passes out looking inside her stomach.  Call me crazy, she should have checked why that was........
We're going to see how it all truly began.  The guy that built it did crazy stuff and did something to bring back his baby, that had to "open" the house up to something evil or some @#$%
The fact that Zach Quinto comes out a couple weeks ago, then plays a gay guy is the scariest thing I have seen on this show.  And the fact that his name is Chad
indifferent.gif
 does not amuse me. 
laugh.gif

The patients are coming out the woodworks, like they are being signaled to that house now or something
The Cops are stupid or something, 93 murders/deaths on that block, and they ain't blow the joint up yet

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

This is what I have:
Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Clearly right about the property, did you see Lange tryin to drag her onto the property before she passed? 
The Maid "could" have passed on if she was discovered when she was unburied.  I assume that was her where Mara now resides
Tami Taylor is a terrific actress, and wear's a blouse well, especially now
She also recovers really fast, one minute in the hospital, the next minute racing home, this is AFTER a nurse passes out looking inside her stomach.  Call me crazy, she should have checked why that was........
We're going to see how it all truly began.  The guy that built it did crazy stuff and did something to bring back his baby, that had to "open" the house up to something evil or some @#$%
The fact that Zach Quinto comes out a couple weeks ago, then plays a gay guy is the scariest thing I have seen on this show.  And the fact that his name is Chad
indifferent.gif
 does not amuse me. 
laugh.gif

The patients are coming out the woodworks, like they are being signaled to that house now or something
The Cops are stupid or something, 93 murders/deaths on that block, and they ain't blow the joint up yet

PLUG ALERT -- but the plug isn't for me. My buddy is a co-producer on this movie -- http://www.likecrazy.com/ -- which comes out in limited release tomorrow. I haven't seen it myself yet, but it got a best picture award at Sundance this year and my friend tells me its really good. Its a romantic dramedy type of film. I know that's not one of the genres that gets much run in this thread, but if you're in the mood for something different and it comes to your area, check it out.

PLUG ALERT -- but the plug isn't for me. My buddy is a co-producer on this movie -- http://www.likecrazy.com/ -- which comes out in limited release tomorrow. I haven't seen it myself yet, but it got a best picture award at Sundance this year and my friend tells me its really good. Its a romantic dramedy type of film. I know that's not one of the genres that gets much run in this thread, but if you're in the mood for something different and it comes to your area, check it out.

Back
Top Bottom