Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

cranston-paul1.jpg

cranston-paul2.jpg

Originally Posted by lawdog1

PLUG ALERT -- but the plug isn't for me. My buddy is a co-producer on this movie -- http://www.likecrazy.com/ -- which comes out in limited release tomorrow. I haven't seen it myself yet, but it got a best picture award at Sundance this year and my friend tells me its really good. Its a romantic dramedy type of film. I know that's not one of the genres that gets much run in this thread, but if you're in the mood for something different and it comes to your area, check it out.

really anticipating this, big fan of Anton Yelchin

PLUG ALERT -- but the plug isn't for me. My buddy is a co-producer on this movie -- http://www.likecrazy.com/ -- which comes out in limited release tomorrow. I haven't seen it myself yet, but it got a best picture award at Sundance this year and my friend tells me its really good. Its a romantic dramedy type of film. I know that's not one of the genres that gets much run in this thread, but if you're in the mood for something different and it comes to your area, check it out.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Cool.  I'm seeing it tonight.  I'll report back on what I think of it.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Cool.  I'm seeing it tonight.  I'll report back on what I think of it.

Copy/Paste from my In Time thread...
6/10. Unless you really don't want to see The Rum Diary or !%*! in Boots, I'd recommend this film.
For a mini review click the spoiler below.

Spoiler [+]
Best performance was by Matt Bomer (from White Collar). A disappointment if you consider he was only in the film for 5 minutes. I was hoping big things from Cillian Murphy's performance, but he was painfully bland. Timberlake and Seyfried did as I expected. Not horrible, but not good. People always refer to Alpha Dogwhen critiquing Justin's acting, but the dude just cannot carry a film. At least not yet. Script was painfully weak, IMO. Something I never thought I'd say about an Andrew Niccol film. Premise was interesting, but it was just a glorified look at greed and currency. Nothing original. The fact they would up becoming Robin Hood x Bonnie & Clyde was laughable. Movie also seemed too short to me. Maybe with more development I would have bought in more, but I really don't think I could have lasted another half an hour watching. The ending was a major let down. If you are Niccol fan like myself, save your gas and money and just stay home and watch Gattaca again.

Copy/Paste from my In Time thread...
6/10. Unless you really don't want to see The Rum Diary or !%*! in Boots, I'd recommend this film.
For a mini review click the spoiler below.

Spoiler [+]
Best performance was by Matt Bomer (from White Collar). A disappointment if you consider he was only in the film for 5 minutes. I was hoping big things from Cillian Murphy's performance, but he was painfully bland. Timberlake and Seyfried did as I expected. Not horrible, but not good. People always refer to Alpha Dogwhen critiquing Justin's acting, but the dude just cannot carry a film. At least not yet. Script was painfully weak, IMO. Something I never thought I'd say about an Andrew Niccol film. Premise was interesting, but it was just a glorified look at greed and currency. Nothing original. The fact they would up becoming Robin Hood x Bonnie & Clyde was laughable. Movie also seemed too short to me. Maybe with more development I would have bought in more, but I really don't think I could have lasted another half an hour watching. The ending was a major let down. If you are Niccol fan like myself, save your gas and money and just stay home and watch Gattaca again.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Love Charlie Bartlett, hope that film gets to my area.
Its only playing in LA and NY right now.  I believe its going to expand to more theaters in a couple of weeks.  I saw it on Friday and recommend it - if an indie love story kind of movie interests you.  No bells and whistles with this one.  Its a very character-driven, honest look at a relationhip that starts off as first-love and hits some pretty significant obstacles.  It was a little slow at times, but very well acted.  And I also like that it has an ending that you wouldn't expect with a typical Hollywood studio movie.  It leaves you with something to think about, which was cool.  I also appreciated Jennifer Lawrence's relatively small part in the movie -- she looked good. 

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Love Charlie Bartlett, hope that film gets to my area.
Its only playing in LA and NY right now.  I believe its going to expand to more theaters in a couple of weeks.  I saw it on Friday and recommend it - if an indie love story kind of movie interests you.  No bells and whistles with this one.  Its a very character-driven, honest look at a relationhip that starts off as first-love and hits some pretty significant obstacles.  It was a little slow at times, but very well acted.  And I also like that it has an ending that you wouldn't expect with a typical Hollywood studio movie.  It leaves you with something to think about, which was cool.  I also appreciated Jennifer Lawrence's relatively small part in the movie -- she looked good. 

precious-movie1.jpg

Just saw it last nght for the first time.

*sigh*

*inserted into all time favorites*

Don't know where it fits on my list exactly, but... it would be right there w/ Antwone Fisher and Good Will Hunting if I were able to relate to it on a more personal level instead of just a 'severely dysfunctional domestic struggle'.

Movie definitely hit home a few times.

Bravo, Hollywood. Thank you.

precious-movie1.jpg

Just saw it last nght for the first time.

*sigh*

*inserted into all time favorites*

Don't know where it fits on my list exactly, but... it would be right there w/ Antwone Fisher and Good Will Hunting if I were able to relate to it on a more personal level instead of just a 'severely dysfunctional domestic struggle'.

Movie definitely hit home a few times.

Bravo, Hollywood. Thank you.

Watched Precious a few weeks ago and enjoyed it as well ska.

So much messed up things going on in this movie though.
30t6p3b.gif

Watched Precious a few weeks ago and enjoyed it as well ska.

So much messed up things going on in this movie though.
30t6p3b.gif

Didn't have time today, but I'm gonna watch Attack the Block tomorrow (which should be fitting since it's Halloween).
Still need to watch the last episode Person of Interest. Luckily, I should be able to turn off the Eagles/Cowboys game at the half.

Didn't have time today, but I'm gonna watch Attack the Block tomorrow (which should be fitting since it's Halloween).
Still need to watch the last episode Person of Interest. Luckily, I should be able to turn off the Eagles/Cowboys game at the half.

Back
Top Bottom