Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Big J, by leading man I mean lead character, THE man of the film.  Ala Gladiator, Crowe fits perfectly.  Who is the leader, who does the story follow, that type of thing.  Obviously, there is grey area with everything, you can move it around a little, like what Ches did with Jack Sparrow.  You could argue glue, you could argue lead man.  Same with Neo. 

Dub, from like one page back dude (you reading from a phone or something this week?) 
laugh.gif

My basis was a guy that didn't steal the movie, or have an hour and a half of screen time, but in parts carried the movie, connects the characters, etc. 

Think, Rusty (Brad Pitt) from Ocean's Eleven.

Goose from Top Gun

Pauly from Goodfellas

Great character, not a ton of screen time or lines, or anything, but just a great role, great presense, job well done.  That make sense?

Big J, by leading man I mean lead character, THE man of the film.  Ala Gladiator, Crowe fits perfectly.  Who is the leader, who does the story follow, that type of thing.  Obviously, there is grey area with everything, you can move it around a little, like what Ches did with Jack Sparrow.  You could argue glue, you could argue lead man.  Same with Neo. 

Dub, from like one page back dude (you reading from a phone or something this week?) 
laugh.gif

My basis was a guy that didn't steal the movie, or have an hour and a half of screen time, but in parts carried the movie, connects the characters, etc. 

Think, Rusty (Brad Pitt) from Ocean's Eleven.

Goose from Top Gun

Pauly from Goodfellas

Great character, not a ton of screen time or lines, or anything, but just a great role, great presense, job well done.  That make sense?

If you want to, just think of glue guy as supporting actor/actress.

If you want to, just think of glue guy as supporting actor/actress.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Fright Night was like an R-rated Disney channel movie. It wanted to be Disturbia mixed with Van Helsing. But the movie's got no charm...which is hard to do with Charlie Bartlett, Colin Farrell, the mom from Little Ms Sunshine, McLovin and Dr. Who. Colin did his thing...he had this Drive vibe happening...but nobody else really did much.

The movie just sorta happens...not much energy or momentum ever, just...oh it's time for this big reveal too soon and too obvious. You're not edgy if being Rated R means Narnia violence with a little more blood and randomly dropping like 5 f-bombs that make me scratch my head cuz I woulda sworn this was PG-13 without them. There's nothing wrong with it...just nothing interesting or really well done outside of Colin Farrell.

~an episode of Buffy that won't end ... 6/10
Have you seen the original MrO?

It's quite the departure.

I loved Colin in this, he was awesome. Creepy.

I'd have to rewatch this again, I saw it in theaters a while back and I enjoyed it for a cheap afternoon horror flick.

So the original's good? I might check it out. The movie's a good idea, but just
eyes.gif
everything but Colin Farrell.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Fright Night was like an R-rated Disney channel movie. It wanted to be Disturbia mixed with Van Helsing. But the movie's got no charm...which is hard to do with Charlie Bartlett, Colin Farrell, the mom from Little Ms Sunshine, McLovin and Dr. Who. Colin did his thing...he had this Drive vibe happening...but nobody else really did much.

The movie just sorta happens...not much energy or momentum ever, just...oh it's time for this big reveal too soon and too obvious. You're not edgy if being Rated R means Narnia violence with a little more blood and randomly dropping like 5 f-bombs that make me scratch my head cuz I woulda sworn this was PG-13 without them. There's nothing wrong with it...just nothing interesting or really well done outside of Colin Farrell.

~an episode of Buffy that won't end ... 6/10
Have you seen the original MrO?

It's quite the departure.

I loved Colin in this, he was awesome. Creepy.

I'd have to rewatch this again, I saw it in theaters a while back and I enjoyed it for a cheap afternoon horror flick.

So the original's good? I might check it out. The movie's a good idea, but just
eyes.gif
everything but Colin Farrell.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5c1c7c8970c-600wi

Yo I'm really happy for you guys and Ima let you finish, but Christopher Nolan, Hans Landa, and Anton Chigurh are one of the best character draft trios of ALL TIME.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5c1c7c8970c-600wi

Yo I'm really happy for you guys and Ima let you finish, but Christopher Nolan, Hans Landa, and Anton Chigurh are one of the best character draft trios of ALL TIME.

Back
Top Bottom