Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Can't go wrong with the Stiffmeister
pimp.gif

I choose, with my 4th pick, a true villain. A man that not even career criminals could trust. A psychopath that killed and maimed for fun.

Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde, from Tarantino's debut Reservoir Dogs.

2uhu2bm.gif

I choose, with my 4th pick, a true villain. A man that not even career criminals could trust. A psychopath that killed and maimed for fun.

Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde, from Tarantino's debut Reservoir Dogs.

2uhu2bm.gif

Wait guys, you skipped JPZ........ JPZ, I hope you didn't want Stiff or X, make your pick now, then we move along.

Wait guys, you skipped JPZ........ JPZ, I hope you didn't want Stiff or X, make your pick now, then we move along.

Rather than look around to find the order every time, when Dub posted I knew I was next, then I knew Noskey followed. If he wanted X I'll make another selection off the big board, fine with me.
Also, re-watched Crazy, Stupid, Love again tonight.. definitely one of my favorites from the year.

Rather than look around to find the order every time, when Dub posted I knew I was next, then I knew Noskey followed. If he wanted X I'll make another selection off the big board, fine with me.
Also, re-watched Crazy, Stupid, Love again tonight.. definitely one of my favorites from the year.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Fright Night was like an R-rated Disney channel movie. It wanted to be Disturbia mixed with Van Helsing. But the movie's got no charm...which is hard to do with Charlie Bartlett, Colin Farrell, the mom from Little Ms Sunshine, McLovin and Dr. Who. Colin did his thing...he had this Drive vibe happening...but nobody else really did much.

The movie just sorta happens...not much energy or momentum ever, just...oh it's time for this big reveal too soon and too obvious. You're not edgy if being Rated R means Narnia violence with a little more blood and randomly dropping like 5 f-bombs that make me scratch my head cuz I woulda sworn this was PG-13 without them. There's nothing wrong with it...just nothing interesting or really well done outside of Colin Farrell.

~an episode of Buffy that won't end ... 6/10
Have you seen the original MrO?

It's quite the departure.

I loved Colin in this, he was awesome. Creepy.

I'd have to rewatch this again, I saw it in theaters a while back and I enjoyed it for a cheap afternoon horror flick.
So the original's good? I might check it out. The movie's a good idea, but just
eyes.gif
everything but Colin Farrell.
Better than the remake, it depends on your taste in horror films, it's definitely not for everyone, but I thought since you saw this you might have seen the original.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Fright Night was like an R-rated Disney channel movie. It wanted to be Disturbia mixed with Van Helsing. But the movie's got no charm...which is hard to do with Charlie Bartlett, Colin Farrell, the mom from Little Ms Sunshine, McLovin and Dr. Who. Colin did his thing...he had this Drive vibe happening...but nobody else really did much.

The movie just sorta happens...not much energy or momentum ever, just...oh it's time for this big reveal too soon and too obvious. You're not edgy if being Rated R means Narnia violence with a little more blood and randomly dropping like 5 f-bombs that make me scratch my head cuz I woulda sworn this was PG-13 without them. There's nothing wrong with it...just nothing interesting or really well done outside of Colin Farrell.

~an episode of Buffy that won't end ... 6/10
Have you seen the original MrO?

It's quite the departure.

I loved Colin in this, he was awesome. Creepy.

I'd have to rewatch this again, I saw it in theaters a while back and I enjoyed it for a cheap afternoon horror flick.
So the original's good? I might check it out. The movie's a good idea, but just
eyes.gif
everything but Colin Farrell.
Better than the remake, it depends on your taste in horror films, it's definitely not for everyone, but I thought since you saw this you might have seen the original.

To anyone who likes mafia/Japanese movies, I watched 'Outrage' last night. It's about the Yakuza and a sort of inner power struggle between a few families. Gets off to a slow start, and some things aren't made too clear at first. But by the end it all made sense. Only complaints are that the very few anti-hero characters aren't made too likeable, and those who are meant to be the villains aren't vilified enough. You just kind of end up respecting their hustle since you dont care enough to want them dead. One interesting aspect was the difference in tradition that some characters took. You'll see what I mean if you dont understand right now. Worth the watch.
Imagine the Japanese version of 'Gomorrah' with a little more violence, and a little less intersecting plots. At least that's the vibe I got by the end.

7/10. Not a 'must-buy' movie, but I'd pick it up on a good sale. Make sure you know a little history about the Yakuza before watching.

To anyone who likes mafia/Japanese movies, I watched 'Outrage' last night. It's about the Yakuza and a sort of inner power struggle between a few families. Gets off to a slow start, and some things aren't made too clear at first. But by the end it all made sense. Only complaints are that the very few anti-hero characters aren't made too likeable, and those who are meant to be the villains aren't vilified enough. You just kind of end up respecting their hustle since you dont care enough to want them dead. One interesting aspect was the difference in tradition that some characters took. You'll see what I mean if you dont understand right now. Worth the watch.
Imagine the Japanese version of 'Gomorrah' with a little more violence, and a little less intersecting plots. At least that's the vibe I got by the end.

7/10. Not a 'must-buy' movie, but I'd pick it up on a good sale. Make sure you know a little history about the Yakuza before watching.

Finally watched Super 8.

A little bit of a PG-13 The Crazies, a lot of every Spielberg film ever and mostly predictable/cheesy. Big and loud. Whatever.

The kids were awesome, and that's about where it ends for me. I think I was more interested in the movie they were making than Super 8, itself. 5.0-6.0, tops.

Oh, and did anyone else notice how sexy the fat kid's sister's back was? That was like my biggest takeaway from the entire movie.

Finally watched Super 8.

A little bit of a PG-13 The Crazies, a lot of every Spielberg film ever and mostly predictable/cheesy. Big and loud. Whatever.

The kids were awesome, and that's about where it ends for me. I think I was more interested in the movie they were making than Super 8, itself. 5.0-6.0, tops.

Oh, and did anyone else notice how sexy the fat kid's sister's back was? That was like my biggest takeaway from the entire movie.

I wish I'd checked this post out a lot earlier...My loss

Spoiler [+]
Director --- Johnnie To/John Woo
Leading Man --- Chow Yun Fat,The Killer
Comedic Role --- Stephen Chow,Kung Fu Hustle
Kick @#$ Chick --- Michelle Yeoh,Supercop 2
Leading Lady --- Maggie Cheung,In The Mood For Love
Action Hero-Super Hero --- Donnie Yen,Ip Man
Dramatic Male --- Tony Leung Chiu-Wai,Chungking Express
Glue Guy, Character Guy --- Lam Suet,PTU
Villian Role --- Simon Yam,Full Contact
Utility Role --- Anthony Wong,Infernal Affairs

I wish I'd checked this post out a lot earlier...My loss

Spoiler [+]
Director --- Johnnie To/John Woo
Leading Man --- Chow Yun Fat,The Killer
Comedic Role --- Stephen Chow,Kung Fu Hustle
Kick @#$ Chick --- Michelle Yeoh,Supercop 2
Leading Lady --- Maggie Cheung,In The Mood For Love
Action Hero-Super Hero --- Donnie Yen,Ip Man
Dramatic Male --- Tony Leung Chiu-Wai,Chungking Express
Glue Guy, Character Guy --- Lam Suet,PTU
Villian Role --- Simon Yam,Full Contact
Utility Role --- Anthony Wong,Infernal Affairs

I'll have my pick by this afternoon.

KLJ... I don't know if you watched 7th Heaven as a kid (or were forced to like me) but the hilarity of Simon Camden as a stoner was too much for me.

I'll have my pick by this afternoon.

KLJ... I don't know if you watched 7th Heaven as a kid (or were forced to like me) but the hilarity of Simon Camden as a stoner was too much for me.

That is funny. He seemed familiar, but I couldn't place him. I take it his acting career never really took off after that show.

That is funny. He seemed familiar, but I couldn't place him. I take it his acting career never really took off after that show.

Back
Top Bottom