Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by Big J 33

As romantic comedies go, that and Friends with Benefits are good (for male audiences at least). All I'm looking for is attractive women, likable actors, and some comedy.
I generally agree, but I'd say I only liked the first 3/4 of Friends with Benefits. At that point, it pretty much reverted to typical, predicatable romantic comedy stuff. But you still got to look at Mila Kunis while that was happening, so I can't say it was all bad. I liked Crazy, Stupid, Love a lot though.  

Crazy, Stupid, Love's potential, great casting, Ryan Gosling, trailer >>>>>>>>>> the actual movie, and that corny $$+ ending.

It's not bad, but yall gas it like it's this gen's When Harry Met Sally.
grin.gif

^^^ That's a fair point, I suppose. As much as I liked Crazy, Stupid, I don't think its ever going to be thought of as a classic, the way When Harry Met Sally is. That said, when I watch When Harry Met Sally these days, I'm reminded of how annoying I now find Billy Crystal.

Originally Posted by CP1708

O, I have Attack the Block and Hobo on my DVR, however, it's gonna be tough sledding getting to them.  NBA playoffs man, every night for like the next month and a half. 
ohwell.gif
smokin.gif
  I'll see what I can do. 

You know how the Rose-less Bulls and 76ers are playing tomorrow? There's your time for Attack the Block
wink.gif

Do those of you that buy movies keep the slipcovers? I had no idea people collected those things.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Do those of you that buy movies keep the slipcovers? I had no idea people collected those things.
laugh.gif
I didn't either when I was collecting DVDs, they took up too much shelf space so one day I took em all off and threw em in a box, crushing most of them. Once I got into Blu-rays I started to keep them in better shape and look for the ones that had slipcovers.

Most of my Blu's now have pristine slip covers if available.

There are auctions on eBay where dudes are buying/selling the slips for $5 a pop.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
OD

Game of Thrones guys... Why am I about 300 pages into the third book and every time I come to a Sansa chapter do I immediately SMH and wanna skip ahead?
laugh.gif

its the best book of the series just stay with it

sansa is annoying. he isnt as good at writing for women

Oh I love the rest of it so far. Sansa is just a terribly annoying character for me and the whole thing with the Tyrells is just irritating for some reason.

even sansa's arc gets better. multiple interesting things happen. I cant remember which is book 3 or 4 but it gets better

I really really like Attack the Block...but Hobo is my %%%@%
smokin.gif

And I think the Tyrell's thing is annoying, because both of them are pretty bad at acting, and Renly didn't amount to !%$%.
They really mishandled that and the Stannis stuff.
30t6p3b.gif

i cant blame them. 10 episodes is just ridiculous. you cant cram that in

but its crazy... GOT couldnt last without the internet. you know you didnt do your job when the fans need to go online and ask people who read the books what happened

^
*Boner adjusted*

I'm so dying after that movie is over with.   I wont get to see Skyfall or Django, but I'll go out with a smile and a tear. 

TRUE CRIME - THURSDAYS IN MAY

True crime really does pay - at least in the movies, where the cat-and-mouse game between cops and crooks regularly provides audiences with a glimpse into life on the other side of the yellow crime-scene tape. These films offer the vicarious thrill of watching "real-life" criminals at work and on the run, reflecting the obsession of Hollywood (and America) with unlawful, often violent deeds.

The TCM Spotlight festival, grouped by topics, amounts to a thorough examination of all genres of crime movies. Murders include two important TCM premieres. The Boston Strangler (1968) stars Tony Curtis in a chilling performance as Frank DeSalvo, the suspected real-life strangler. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997) is Clint Eastwood's atmospheric screen version of John Berendt's non-fiction book about a killing in an eccentric neighborhood of Savannah, Ga.

TRUE CRIME INTRODUCTION
MURDERS
   IN COLD BLOOD
   THE BOSTON STRANGLER
   10 RILLINGTON PLACE
   THE ONION FIELD
   MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL
CORRUPT CITIES
   THE PHENIX CITY STORY
   THE CASE AGAINST BROOKLYN
LADIES NIGHT
   I WANT TO LIVE!
   MADELEINE
   BOXCAR BERTHA
PRESUMED INNOCENT
   BOOMERANG!
   CALL NORTHSIDE 777 (1948)
   THE WRONG MAN
   ANATOMY OF A MURDER
   DR. CRIPPEN
GANGSTERS
   DILLINGER (1945)
   AL CAPONE
   MAD DOG COLL
   THE RISE AND FALL OF LEGS DIAMOND
   THE VALACHI PAPERS
   KING OF THE ROARING TWENTIES: THE STORY OF ARNOLD ROTHSTEIN
COUPLE CRIME SPREES
   BADLANDS
   BONNIE AND CLYDE
HOSTAGE SITUATIONS
   DOG DAY AFTERNOON
   THE NIGHT HOLDS TERROR
   INSIDE THE MAFIA

I'm honestly stunned at how big the dumb one from Mean Girls is getting.  I see her name attached to almost every role these days, Hollywood folk can't get enough of her. 

This is going to be Female Boogie Nights, yes? 

I would like to go back to the Mean Girls days just to see what the odds would have been like.

I mean Lohan was the hands down favorite to be the most successful out of that group. That was as close to a sure thing as possible.

Amanda Seyfried's cool, but Rachel McAdams will always be my favorite from that Mean Girls group
embarassed.gif

CP did you really just say McAdams was the worst of the group??
alien.gif
RM >>>> Seyfried.

Good point.  I agree, Lohan in that movie, had the look of a HOF career.  Now I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole. 

Rachel McAdams has gone on to have the biggest career so far, and imo, at the time, was the ugliest of the 4 Mean Girls. 

Now Amanda is trending, and Party of Five was hot as biscuits, but can't act for $+$%. 

And that movie replays like a !#+%*#++@#%%.  Tina Fey, the principal, the pink $+$% guy ("Oh my God, Danny DeVito!!!"
roll.gif
) the jungle references, so well done. 

Back
Top Bottom