Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

As empty as the books got at times, the attention to detail compared to the movie was still like 4000:1. :lol:

I know that's easier to capture in a book, but Jesus, man.

The worst part is, I know once it hits movie channels, I'll watch it all the time. And I'm still going to look forward to the next ones.

The execution didn't do it for me, but I still like the concept, and really anything dystopian.

So it's the movie equivalent of The Walking Dead? :lol: :smh:

...actually no...I don't really hate any of Hunger Games' characters, so it's probably Prometheus.

Last edited:
When did thread stop being about sports movies, books, tv shows?
I came here to post BlueChips, Remember the Titans, Angels in the Outfield and Rookie of the Year when I was kid, Above the Rim

LOL. Most "outsiders" come in here, post a few movie titles and are never heard from again. I kind of admire this dude for asking what's going on in here.

1z2knc9.png

All I gotta say is.. DAMN. :pimp:

anyone gonna watch that clint eastwood movie where he's the baseball scout? i wasn't originally but after his empty chair speech at the RNC I just might.

^ :lol: I still need to watch The Beaver for similar reasons.

Would any of yall believe me if I told you the last Underworld movie was somehow on point? I mean if you liked the 1st one...this is basically a must watch.

^ :lol: I still need to watch The Beaver for similar reasons.
Would any of yall believe me if I told you the last Underworld movie was somehow on point? I mean if you liked the 1st one...this is basically a must watch.

Even if I didn't believe you, I'd still check it out because of my soft spot for Kate Beckinsale.

I'll probably see "Trouble with the curve" because of Amy Adams.. She's an automatic watch for me.

I watched two of her movies this weekend in fact.

anyone gonna watch that clint eastwood movie where he's the baseball scout? i wasn't originally but after his empty chair speech at the RNC I just might.
What makes you say that? I'm not trying to turn this into a political debate, but just curious what about his speech made you want to see this one. :lol:

I'll catch it once it hits cable, but before that not really interested.

What was it that Clint said he was done doing, directing? I thought he said he was retiring from everything.. :lol:

He needs to redeem his name after that travesty of a show his wife put on man... :x

Only reason I know about the show is that it's filmed about 15 minutes away from where I live, and it's the most annoying, scripted BS I've ever seen. I don't watch any reality TV, but man, it's bad.

His wife used to be a local news anchor, she was kinda fly in her KSBW days.

I'm really looking forward to Silver Linings Playbook, especially after reading some positive reviews for Jennifer Lawrence (who I love)

Finally got around to seein Prometheus. Feel like I need to see a prequel, to understand the prequel.

Beautiful images and what not, but half the stuff left me wondering, what the ****? Why the muscle grey dude drink that stuff in the beginning and turn himself into mush? What was the big ship up above him? Why the muscle grey dude at the end be sleepin by himself all that time? How long was he out? Why when he woke up, did he kill all the people I spent an hour and a half watching to see what would happen, and they were done in 7 seconds?

I feel like I need answers to those things. :lol:

I spent the whole movie wanting to see what they would discover, and I was ok with this Engineers stuff, then we find one, a living one, they wake him up, he looks around, and starts killin everything without a word or even a clue of what his intent was, his motive, their purpose, their connection to Alien, any of it. I spent the last 20 minutes wondering if their were clues in the first Alien that maybe I have forgotten and I need to go back and watch or something. If I do, what the **** did they make Prometheus for then? :lol: Here I thought I was getting some origin story on their species, and their development, and instead I get grey dudes with cool holograms.

I haven't even gotten to why the droid wanted to drop some blood on the doc, then knock up the other doc, and then watch that doc have an abortion in a phone booth and then get up and run 2 minutes after it happened like that's no big deal. And where do I fit in that the thing that took out the little squid looked like the claw you use to win a prize at your local Walmart? And THAT claw, was able to hold onto and contain the squirming little alien? :stoneface: :lol:

I dunno, I liked the anticipation of the movie, the scenes were beautiful, the cast was decent, it held my interest, but it seemed really lacking. I didn't get any answers to the questions THEY wanted me to ask. That makes no sense. Why introduce all this alien search stuff, question the creation of all beings, etc etc, and then not actually explain any of it other than some Predator lookin dudes runnin in Holograms? If you want to go that route, go that route, give me some substance to it, don't make me guess it, or take the short route by havin Dragon Tattoo give her interpretations of what they wanted. They created us, now they want to destroy us. Says who? Why? And what does that have to do with grey guy at the start, or the Alien species about to come? If it was all a very elaborate way to show me the mutation of the Engineer species and the Alien species, that would just piss me off. I already say Alien and Predator mutate, don't try to pull that again.

7/10, just because I hope for a grander scale to come, that will maybe explain some things a lil better. It did hold my interest, I was never bored, so I give it credit for that.

I'm really looking forward to Silver Linings Playbook, especially after reading some positive reviews for Jennifer Lawrence (who I love)

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

I like Jennifer a lot too. Her, plus a Chris Tucker sighting in this movie, that's enough for me I think. But seriously, Chris Tucker? That kind of came out of nowhere. When's the last time he was even in a movie? Rush Hour III?

Yeah it's Tucker's first movie since Rush Hour 3. Considering he got paid 25 million for that one movie alone, I'm not surprised he's been away for 5 years 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The more I think about Prometheus the more I like it...

Yeah, they're were a lot of things that don't make sense... Charlize Theron running in a straight ******g line when the thing is falling on her. Would have made it a little better if she had survived too... just because it's so cliche for the main character to be the only one that lives, but yeah. The abortion scene and the scene in the cave with the two guys that had to stay overnight were both extremely disturbing for me. Felt like there was more leeway for the cave scene to make my stomach turn even more, but Ridley Scott did what he wanted with it so whatever.

As for the beginning, my interpretation is that the guy who drank the stuff made humans against the wishes of the other engineers and he did that by drinking that stuff and dispersing his DNA into the waterfall. That is why the rest of the engineers (or at least the one we saw) wanted to kill the humans, because they didn't want them in the first place.

I think one of the arching themes in the movie CP is that life is easy to create but not easy to control.

All this Prometheus talk reminded me that I havent seen it. Luckily, a watchable copy is up on my source finally 8)

Watched Beginners for like the 5th(?) time last night; still so great. Picked up on a few things in the dialogue I'd missed the first few times around.

There's a color version of Night of the Living Dead on Youtube :pimp: How did I not know this until now??

Last edited:
I'm a bit tired of Bradley Cooper. Trailer was cool though.

I kind of agree. Seems like he has a new movie releasing every week. I know actors have to take advantage of when they're hot, but he's going a little overboard I think.

MrO, BigJ, your work in the Prometheus thread is much appreciated. This is the Sopranos all over again for me. :lol: I had the same questions as everybody else, but didn't get the answers right. And I'm pissed that I forgot to mention the variant Tom Hardy and I see that O mentioned it himself a few months back. :rofl: That's Trey from the OC. Dude could be a Bane stunt double for sure.

Back
Top Bottom