Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Don't know what you want from the sequels, :lol: .

The annual horror-sequel films normally are pretty awful after the first few. But at least PA3 advanced the story in an interesting way and was still scarier than anything I've seen recently. The Paranormal films are much better than 95% of what's been released in recent years in terms of films that are trying to frighten the viewer.

But look at the horror films that cranked new films out pretty much yearly...

Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St., Final Destination, Saw, Paranormal.

After Firday part IV, most were pretty awful. After Nightmare 3, most were pretty awful. I find Final Destination to be pretty bad in general too. Saw, again, pretty awful.

The Paranormal films do the two things I care about in going to watch them each year; they advance the story, and they continue to be frightening. I thought PA2 was lackluster, but was willing to give PA3 a chance. It was good enough to make me want to fork up cash to go see PA4.

I end up seeing pretty much all horror theatrical releases, even if they're terrible. But something like Paranormal Activity? I have no shame in going to go see them.

I'd be excited about Seven Psychopaths anyway.. but my family dog is a Shih Tzu, so that makes it even better.

Argo and Seven Psychopaths on the same day. :smokin

Seven Psychopaths came from no where. I was shocked to see all those actors combined in one film. The premise is a little strange, but if it's done well, won't complain.

I probably will wait to buy it on Blu-ray. It doesn't seem to be a must-see theatrical experience. Argo seems to be, so I'll try and catch it.

Heads up in case anyone didn't know...BestBuy has the upgrade and save going on again...$5 off any Blu Ray $9.99 and up when you trade in a dvd

Heads up in case anyone didn't know...BestBuy has the upgrade and save going on again...$5 off any Blu Ray $9.99 and up when you trade in a dvd

If you have any interest in extras, don't buy the 2-disc edition of Prometheus. Fork up 19.99 for the 4-disc Blu-ray. There's over like 10 hours of bonus content.

I'll be grabbing ET, Jaws, Prometheus, and Nightmare before Christmas tomorrow.

50/50 will be 4.99 with a trade in, along with Fight Club. Two of the better deals with the trade-in.

I haven't seen 50/50 so I know I'm going to pick that up and the ET digibook...I will have to browse around and figure out what else to spend money on :lol:

I haven't seen 50/50 so I know I'm going to pick that up and the ET digibook...I will have to browse around and figure out what else to spend money on :lol:

Daybreakers
The Blind Side
Saw VI
Jennifer's Body
Fight Club
An American Werewolf in London
Friday The 13th (remake)
X-Men 2
Fargo
X-Men
There's Something About Mary
Taken
Primal Fear
Friday The 13th (uncut)
Office Space
8 Mile
Predator
Cast Away
Norbit
The Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal
Planet of the Apes
X-Men: The Last Stand
Red Dawn
The Haunting of Molly Hartley
I Spit on Your Grave
Jeff Dunham: Minding The Monsters
ATM
The Dilemma
The Incredible Hulk
A Little Bit of Heaven
Rampart
The Innkeepers
Evil Dead 2
The Human Centipede 2
50/50
Margin Cell
Nightmare on Elm Street 2/3
Pulp Fiction
Everything Must Go
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Lincoln lawyer
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Platoon
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Drive Angry
Scream 2
Scream 3
The Switch
Little Fockers
The Next 3 Days
Red
The Expendables
Meet The Fockers
Killers
Magic
The Human Centipede

List of 4.99 titles after trade-in.

Only thing I don't have that I may be interested in is X-Men 1/2/3, Taken, Silence of the Lambs, ATM, The Innkeepers, 50/50, Platoon, and The Good, The Bad, The Ugly,

The annual horror-sequel films normally are pretty awful after the first few. But at least PA3 advanced the story in an interesting way and was still scarier than anything I've seen recently. The Paranormal films are much better than 95% of what's been released in recent years in terms of films that are trying to frighten the viewer.
... But they arent scary :\

Is Best Buy taking R rated movies this time around? Last couple times I tried, I wasnt allowed to trade in Grandmas Boy or any other R movies :smh: Definitely trying to pick up Margin Call if it's on sale.

Last edited:

Is Best Buy taking R rated movies this time around? Last couple times I tried, I wasnt allowed to trade in Grandmas Boy or any other R movies :smh: Definitely trying to pick up Margin Call if it's on sale.

Really? wtf? at my BestBuy last time she didn't even open the case to see if a dvd was even in there....she put them all in this bin after she put a recycle sticker on them

Scary is a relative term. It's scarier, to me, than pretty much everything else I've seen recently.

Nothing really "scares," me anymore. But it works.

For me, it works. It's fine if it doesn't for you. :lol:

I find them creepy. Especially the part in part 3 with
the witches standing in that room :x

And I've never heard of Best Buy not taking Rated R movies.

Before, they used to check to see if the discs were in there. Now, they just count how many I have, don't check anything, and hand me five coupons.

Man what the ****? I'm bout to ship my movies to y'all to get my coupons :lol:

Agree to disagree on PA, JA? :lol:

Man what the ****? I'm bout to ship my movies to y'all to get my coupons :lol:
Agree to disagree on PA, JA? :lol:

Fine with me. :lol:

Just like The Cabin in the Woods, I fully expect some people not to like the Paranormal films. I won't sit here and debate and theorize about it like The Dark Knight Rises, but doesn't mean I don't like it just as much.

I still use a DVD Upconverter. No shame in DVDs.

I'm in a happy place right now. Avengers on Blu a couple weeks back, Prometheus today, Spiderman next month, TDKR and Ted in Dec, and in theatres we have Argo, Skyfall, and Django the next 3 months. :pimp:

Just went thru a list I have, right now Marvel has Iron Man 3, Cap 2, Thor 2, The Wolverine, Spidey 2, X-Men First Class 2 (diff name, I know) Avengers 2 and somewhere mixed in all this, a possible Ant Man, and Gaurdians of the Galaxy all in the works.

DC has Man of Steel. :stoneface:

They should just fold up place up, and sell it all to Marvel. It is embarrasing what they have done to DC. Hell, I won't even credit DC for what Nolan did, that was all his own vision, DC just gets "credit" for it so to speak. They should all be jumping out of buildings right now for their sheer stupidity. My God this that is ugly. And to counter, they'll probably throw another Ghost Rider at me, or hastily rush a Batman reboot at me to try and make it look like they're working. :rolleyes :smh:

Marvel really deserves some kudos for what they've done. And within 10 years I'd say, we're going to have Spiderman runnin the streets with the Hulk, and Wolverine, and Silver Surfer strollin thru films, and all kinds of merging stuff as they grind out 3 films a year and just cross over thru all of them. They have such a foundation built, they'll be able to pull it off and the public will simply soak it all in. By then we'll see a 10th Batman film, a 9th Superman film and nothing else from DC.

FerrisBueller_001Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_002Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_005Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_012Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_015Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_020Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_024Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_027Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_030Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_034Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_036Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_038Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_039Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_040Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_042Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_046Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_051Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_052Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_060Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_064Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_069Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_073Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_076Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_077Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_078Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_080Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_083Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_087Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_088Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_094Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_097Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_102Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_103Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_106Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_107Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_108Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_110Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_111Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_112Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_120Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_121Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_123Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_129Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_132Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_134Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_146Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_148Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_139Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_143Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_141Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_149Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_152Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_157Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_159Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_162Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_163Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_164Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_167Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_169Pyxurz.jpg
FerrisBueller_174Pyxurz.jpg

Sup yall :nerd:

Last edited:
The first time I saw Ferris Bueller's, I was pretty convinced Sloane was the most beautiful woman of all-time.

The first time I saw Ferris Bueller's, I was pretty convinced Sloane was the most beautiful woman of all-time.

She isn't?

Man, I don't know if you guys ever dealt with DeepDiscount.com, but if you ever have any questions on whether to or not, don't.

They sent me a case without a movie inside.

An empty case.

A Blu-ray without the ******g Blu-ray disc.

Tried ordering The Thing, and they sent me a goddamn empty case....

:smh:

^^^

I'm right there with you. I think a lot of people felt that way. I had a similar feeling the first time I ever saw Cameron Diaz in the Mask. But that was a long time ago.

Ferris Bueller also has to be Chuck Sheen's best performance ever. He's hilarious in his 5 minutes of screen time and works perfectly with Jennifer Grey.

I only ever ordered from Deep Discount once. They sent me my order... doubled. Two of each movie, charged for just one.

What's with the Bueller pictures?

Back
Top Bottom