Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I can't wait to go back and read all of the Cabin in the Woods posts when I get home.

I feel like top-200 of all-time is a realistic rank. Seriously. I'll never prove that, but it sounds feasible.

Pretty refreshing movie, man. About perfect, in a genre-y way. But I don't want to discredit it and say it's just a genre film. I don't know.

Top 200 ever? Nahhh I dont think I can agree with that. It was a fantastic movie though. I know it's among CP's favorites of the year, too :pimp:

:lol:

Yeah, the unicorn and the clown ruined it for me, sorry. If I had to guess, part of my problem probably was that I had already heard about the people watching/pulling the strings, so maybe that took away the surprise of it from me or something, I dunno. But the last 20 minutes felt a lot like From Dusk til Dawn when the bar suddenly got all crazy and everyone watching the movie thought they had started watching a new movie or something. Only this movie, wasn't good like Dawn was. :lol:

Liked Cabin In The Woods... so weird, so great at the same time. Can you honestly say you've ever seen a movie like that before?

Homeland. Season 2. Sunday.

My body is ready.
This and new season of Bob's Burgers.
pimp.gif

Dexter better come correct on Sunday.

Yeah, the unicorn and the clown ruined it for me, sorry. If I had to guess, part of my problem probably was that I had already heard about the people watching/pulling the strings, so maybe that took away the surprise of it from me or something, I dunno. But the last 20 minutes felt a lot like From Dusk til Dawn when the bar suddenly got all crazy and everyone watching the movie thought they had started watching a new movie or something. Only this movie, wasn't good like Dawn was. :lol:

I ******g despise your soul.

You keep mentioning the last twenty minutes, the unicorn, the clown, etc. What would you want from the film? Would you want the rest of the kids to just die, have the sacrifice complete? Or maybe have the kids kill all the farmer-zombies, and live happily ever after?

**** that, that's what slashers of the 2000s were. Boring, and unoriginal.

Or maybe you'd rather have Neve Campbell come back, have her boyfriend, brother, boyfriends friend, and cousin come try and kill her, constantly poking fun at the genre.

The movie starts out completely different from any of the genre. Hemsworth is a nerd, the virgin sleeps with a professor, and the athlete ultimately ends up being a nerd in the end, as the control room has turned them into their stereotypes. Each of the cubes represent an unimaginable horror that will haunt you. I don't see how you can put so much emphasis on a unicorn and a clown, yet not mention things like dragons, oversized pythons, a fricking merman, so many off-the-wall demons, but you're stuck on a unicorn and a clown? Is the clown in Zombieland okay? Or was that different since it was a zombie. :rolleyes

Tool.

In some home video news, apparently the 3D Blu-ray release of Prometheus is supposed to be excellent. I don't know how many of you guys have seen the Alien Anthology Blu-ray set, but that is packing with Alien goodness. Prometheus doesn't skimp either, with more than 7 hours of bonus materials. That's about what the Indiana Jones and Star Wars trilogies each had, for 6 and 4 films respectively. :lol:

And to get the heart rates of TDKR fans, here's this:

81j2TrNA%2BdL._AA500_.jpg

81btTe%2BOIBL._AA500_.jpg

713WlrzUOmL._AA500_.jpg

These are all from the UK, but you should expect something very similar released here. It looks like the box set may just be a repackage, so if you have BB/TDK, it may not be worth it. Details are still emerging though.

I may double-dip on the Blu-ray and cowl-edition just because I love that cover.

Scream >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unicorn in the Woods **** you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prometheus Blu is going to be freaking epic, but wouldn't it figure that NOW they'll explain **** to us instead of doing it in the actual movie. MrO called that one. Either way, copped. That disk will be like a system test to show how awesome blu ray is. Must have.

And as for TDKR, **** man, that pic alone made my heart skip a beat. I just want the blu ray, I don't care about all the packaging stuff, I already have the other 2 anyways.

Blu Rays startin to piss me off with all the packs they put together AFTER you've already bought most of the movies. :x

Scream >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Unicorn in the Woods **** you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Prometheus Blu is going to be freaking epic, but wouldn't it figure that NOW they'll explain **** to us instead of doing it in the actual movie. MrO called that one. Either way, copped. That disk will be like a system test to show how awesome blu ray is. Must have.
And as for TDKR, **** man, that pic alone made my heart skip a beat. I just want the blu ray, I don't care about all the packaging stuff, I already have the other 2 anyways.
Blu Rays startin to piss me off with all the packs they put together AFTER you've already bought most of the movies. :x

We'll drop the Cabin discussion.. :lol:

But yeah, that's studios way of pinching every penny they can from you. Watchmen has had the same crime. They've had at least 5-6 releases in the United States for one film, and now they're coming out with another edition this November, which will include the "Ultimate Cut," of the film, along with a copy of the hardcover graphic novel. I'm only getting it because I've never bought the graphic novel, and don't have the Ultimate Cut. I'm a sucker. :smh:

WatchmenBDCEart.jpg

I think the marketing for Prometheus has just to build hype and anticipation. I knew from the start after I saw it for the first time, they were either going to leak some of the missing details onto the Blu-ray, or just wait to reveal more in Promtheus'/Prometheus^2/Prometheus Ressurection.

I have a similar release like that cowl edition, except it's Watchmen, and I kind of wish I had a standard Blu-ray case instead. It's kind of inconvenient to get it out, but that cowl looks too badass.

I'm glad my girl doesn't mind my Blu-ray/DVD habit. She embraces it same way that CP mentioned embracing card collecting. She'll go out of her way to help me get a deal, or pick something up for me that I want but can't afford at the time, and enjoys it about as much as I does.

If she didn't, I'd probably be lonely my whole life... :lol:

JA, you see any info on the Spiderman Blu Ray yet? :nerd:

Meaning The Amazing Spider-Man, right?

November 9th.

14129576.jpg

14242139_120824003000.jpg

I'm not too familiar with the details because I haven't followed it as much, but just from a quick search, it seems like the 3D release of The Amazing Spider-Man will have more features than the 2D release. It says that the 5-disc set comes with two Blu-ray discs, while the 4-disc version comes with only one, both with the bonus A Hero Will Rise DVD.

As with Prometheus it seems, if you want to have all the features, it's best to get the 3D edition.

I'll get back to you with the special features though. Looper time. :pimp:

Is Target taking over the market or something? Bonus disks exclusive to Target for both Avengers AND Spidey????? Wait, must be a Marvel connection huh? Ok, that makes sense.

I hope they make that 3D set 20 bucks like the Avengers, I'll be ALL over that ****.

Avengers, Prometheus, Spidey, TKDR it's gonna be a nice 2-3 months for my Blu Ray collection. Hell yes.

And winter time will have Bond 23, Argo, Django all comin out, my next set of Blu's to buy. :D

:lol: that Watchmen set. I just bought the reg Blu Ray for it a few months back myself. Figures. :lol:

Is Target taking over the market or something? Bonus disks exclusive to Target for both Avengers AND Spidey????? Wait, must be a Marvel connection huh? Ok, that makes sense.
I hope they make that 3D set 20 bucks like the Avengers, I'll be ALL over that ****.
Avengers, Prometheus, Spidey, TKDR it's gonna be a nice 2-3 months for my Blu Ray collection. Hell yes.
And winter time will have Bond 23, Argo, Django all comin out, my next set of Blu's to buy. :D
:lol: that Watchmen set. I just bought the reg Blu Ray for it a few months back myself. Figures. :lol:

You've seen the Bond 50 set right? I'd be all over that too, but too far out of my price range.

And yes, Target has exclusives on most Disney related merchandise. Off the top of my head, I know they had special editions of Tron and Iron Man 2 as well.

Maybe Iron Man too, I can't remember.

Spiderman I wouldn't expect to hit 20, especially not the 3D set. Target was just taking advantage of the market, and then made a mistake in their ads and tried to capitalize on their mistake.

I know for a fact the Prometheus set will debut @ around 25-30. Well worth it though, IMO, it'll be packed with features.

Loopes, yes. :pimp:

How can the clown ruin it for you cp?

It's clearly a reference to IT. It's pennywise. It's a movie about writing a horror movie why can't they include one of the best horror characters ever?

How can the clown ruin it for you cp?
It's clearly a reference to IT. It's pennywise. It's a movie about writing a horror movie why can't they include one of the best horror characters ever?

I think he's being a tiny bit fecitious by saying the clown/unicorn ruined it. 4 seconds of screen time doesn't ruin this movie. His issues with this one are deeper than that. :lol:

That's okay, I knew from the second I saw it, it's not for everyone.

Looper. Go see it. Top 5 movie of the year.

Biggest complaint was Emily Blunt not using her English accent. I'm sure diehard sci-fi fans can find something to complain about, but it all worked for me. 

Soooooooooo

Dexter. :nerd:

I hope those of you that thought about quitting, didn't. :nerd:

If the preview at the end of ep 1 is any indication, we are in for a treat. Hard as that may be to believe for some of you.

I won't lie I almost quit altogether cuz I was defending last season in the middle until the end and how whack it was. I had put it as the back log of shows to watch Hell on Wheels-Homeland-Boardwalk Empire and I even watched some of The Good Wife and Family Guy before but the premiere definitely paid off.

Oh yeah, Our Idiot Brother was a nice movie. Nothing special but Paul Rudd gave me some laughs and it's hard for a movie to be bad when you have Zooey Deschanel making out with Rashida Jones :evil: :pimp:

Hell on Wheels has lost me completely. I dont know if it's because I'm not big on 19th century American history, or if it's the characters, or what, but I just lost almost all interest after the end of the 1st season.

On the otherside, I'm completely sucked into the first season of Homeland right now. Due to real life getting in the way of free time, I'm only through episode 6, but this show is ******g great thus far. But, up to where I'm at, I wouldnt give it all the Emmy's it got, but Danes and Co. still have half the season to show out for me. Cant wait.

Oh and Boardwalk Empire's just getting better and better :pimp:

Last edited:
Soooooooooo
Dexter. :nerd:
I hope those of you that thought about quitting, didn't. :nerd:
If the preview at the end of ep 1 is any indication, we are in for a treat. Hard as that may be to believe for some of you.

I was about to quit about two minutes before the ending of the first episode.

I was sick of Dexter dodging Deb. I wasn't going to sit through another full-season of no one important in Dexter's life not knowing what was going on. I hated the first 15 minutes of Sunday's episode because it was just Dexter coming up with excuses. Sure it should Deb being suspicious, but that wasn't enough for me. Deb tearing his apartment apart gave me enough. I'm not too interested in the creep following Dexter around, and I don't really care about a Ukrainian storyline. We'll see.

Re: TDK Trilogy Blu-Rays

What's the deal with the Ultimate Collector's Edition box set reportedly being released in 2013?

Back
Top Bottom