Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Basically. After watching Avengers again, I feel like I was too hard on TDKR.

I can definitely feel that argument.

Some films are best for a one-time viewing, while others are better for a viewing on multiple occasions.

The Avengers is a HELL of a ride man. And it doesn't stop. But once you've seen it, there aren't too many scenes that you wish you could re-watch again later.

The Dark Knight Rises is much more re-watchable, just because of the emotion that is built throughout the trilogy that comes to a climax here.

Looper, TDKR and End of Watch on deck.
nerd.gif
smokin.gif
Yep.
laugh.gif

Bout to go in this weekend.
pimp.gif

End of Watch was probably my surprise favorite of the year. I did not expect it to be that good, at all.

Looper was excellent as well. Not exactly what I expected, but I was really pleased at what they did.

So I Just watched PRIMER

Reminds me of donnie darko and triangle. I'm so confused. :nerd:

I'm doing some research now

For the longest I had this movie Jolene DVR'd, couldn't remember what it was and just ignored it. I finally go to delete it and notice Jessica Chastain's in it....ohhhh. She blew up last year...but this is from 2008. I think this is the movie that made a name for her and yea...it's a little bit of everything I ever wanted from Jessica Chastain. It's like Forrest Gump told from Jenny's perspective...wait no that sounds terrible. Natural Born Killers, but without Woody and the whole killing part? Into the Wild, but the wild being horny middle Americans? It's about her from 15 to ... trying to get through life as a sort of Lolita with no family or warning about men.

I mean don't get me wrong...you haven't heard of it for a reason...the dialogue's pretty basic and corny at times, the story's by the numbers, the direction's just there and it's pretty much a Lifetime original movie..... + Chastain's *******...so the best Lifetime movie ever? Even though the movie's got weak themes and not much of a message, she's great and it was worth the time...especially for the part of her life when she was a stripper. :evil:

7/10 but worth it.

...and I'm not saying the uncut scene of Chastain stripping is somehow on youtube...
...I'm not.
I am not.

Last edited:
Yo is Catfish as boring a movie as I think it is? I remember when there was commercials for it and from the trailer that it'd have lulz but I skimmed parts of it and looked depressingly lame.

First time seeing this two nights ago, loved it. I could only imagine how much better it is than the Denzel remake. Harvey was awesome, and Sinatra was great as the support.

I was going to go see Skyfall and then sneak into Lincoln today but I was afraid of the crowds of young girls there for Twilight. I'll check it out next week.

Plus Silver Linings Playbook comes out next week, which has been one of my most anticipated movies of the year.

I was going to go see Skyfall and then sneak into Lincoln today but I was afraid of the crowds of young girls there for Twilight. I'll check it out next week.

Plus Silver Linings Playbook comes out next week, which has been one of my most anticipated movies of the year.

Afraid of the crowds? You know damn well Skyfall and Lincoln would have been clear of people and safe to go see :lol: .

Last edited:
Not at those showings, just an excessive amount of people at the theater in general.

Gotcha. I'm hoping to catch Lincoln tomorrow afternoon or Sunday; if not definitely this coming week. I've been waiting for it for months.

You guys do that? I haven't sneaked into a theater since I was about 14. :lol:

I'd rather just support the filmmakers, whether I enjoyed the movie or not.

I was thinking about seeing Lincoln, but I'm not sure anymore. It's got great reviews, but just feeling like it may be something I can wait on.

I'm talking about sneaking into Lincoln, I don't think Spielberg needs my support. If it's a smaller movie or a movie I feel passionately about, then I won't. But a movie that's going to gross over 100 mil? I don't care. It's no different than people downloading it later, at least I get the theater experience.

The theater only makes about 15% of the box office and the rest goes to the studio. So they make all their money from concessions and don't suffer much

Lincoln was great, Tommy Lee Jones especially. His lines during the debates were great. Many people won't like the dialogue but it had some good jokes. Daniel Day Lewis was great, obv.
I recommend it to those who enjoy reading about History, thought it is slow early

Back
Top Bottom