Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Adrien Brody in The Village. good $!+%

Oh and do not watch The Killing on AMC.
30t6p3b.gif

tumblr_ln2kfpxUm21qz4wylo1_500.png

I liked the concept of The Village. The premise was very interesting. Take a bunch of people who have been wronged in the world, and have them start their own community. Take away things that may cause distention and chaos and see what happens.
The main message of the film should have been: No matter what the setting, humans by nature are destructive.

Instead, they were so concerned with the "shock value" at the end, that they created a major plot hole. I mean, what does having no medicine and pilgrim-like clothing have anything to do with isolating yourself from society? It just didn't make any sense to me. What made it worse was that it stuck out like a sore thumb because that was the film's catalyst and the only reason their deception was uncovered.

Still, I LOVE Bryce Dallas Howard.

And I haven't seen it in a while, but Unbreakable has to be one of Shyamalan's finer films.

I liked the concept of The Village. The premise was very interesting. Take a bunch of people who have been wronged in the world, and have them start their own community. Take away things that may cause distention and chaos and see what happens.
The main message of the film should have been: No matter what the setting, humans by nature are destructive.

Instead, they were so concerned with the "shock value" at the end, that they created a major plot hole. I mean, what does having no medicine and pilgrim-like clothing have anything to do with isolating yourself from society? It just didn't make any sense to me. What made it worse was that it stuck out like a sore thumb because that was the film's catalyst and the only reason their deception was uncovered.

Still, I LOVE Bryce Dallas Howard.

And I haven't seen it in a while, but Unbreakable has to be one of Shyamalan's finer films.

Alright, I see what you mean now. Unbelievable. This day's been nothing but *+%! endings to things
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Alright, I see what you mean now. Unbelievable. This day's been nothing but *+%! endings to things
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Did you start watching Blue Valentine and stop? 
laugh.gif

I loved it. Just real life through and through. Those were two of the best performances in recent memory.

Michelle Mulligan is too much.

Man, I haven't seen The Village in years, but just reading the plot summary refreshes how great it could have been.

Is there anything else out there like it?

laugh.gif

I loved it. Just real life through and through. Those were two of the best performances in recent memory.

Man, I haven't seen The Village in years, but just reading the plot summary refreshes how great it could have been.

Is there anything else out there like it?

No, I never threw in Blue Valentine and started The Illusionist but stopped it because I had to go pick my girl up for.... something.

No, I never threw in Blue Valentine and started The Illusionist but stopped it because I had to go pick my girl up for.... something.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

laugh.gif

Williams?

But yes, great movie. Really heartbreaking, though
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

laugh.gif

Williams?

But yes, great movie. Really heartbreaking, though
frown.gif

I'm just going to throw my list out now since I'm next. You guys might want to knock out two at a time or something.

An Education (2009) - Lone Scherfig
A coming-of-age story about a teenage girl in 1960s suburban London, and how her life changes with the arrival of a playboy nearly twice her age.
Into the Wild (2007) - Sean Penn
After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.
Strangers on a Train (1951) - Alfred Hitchcock
A psychotic socialite confronts a pro tennis star with a theory on how two complete strangers can get away with murder - a theory that he plans to implement.
Synecdoche, New York (2008) - Charlie Kaufman
A theater director struggles with his work, and the women in his life, as he attempts to create a life-size replica of New York inside a warehouse as part of his new play.
The White Ribbon (2009) - Michael Haneke
Strange events happen in a small village in the north of Germany during the years just before World War I, which seem to be ritual punishment. The abused and suppressed children of the villagers seem to be at the heart of this mystery.
Disclaimer: This has subtitles.

I'm just going to throw my list out now since I'm next. You guys might want to knock out two at a time or something.

An Education (2009) - Lone Scherfig
A coming-of-age story about a teenage girl in 1960s suburban London, and how her life changes with the arrival of a playboy nearly twice her age.
Into the Wild (2007) - Sean Penn
After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.
Strangers on a Train (1951) - Alfred Hitchcock
A psychotic socialite confronts a pro tennis star with a theory on how two complete strangers can get away with murder - a theory that he plans to implement.
Synecdoche, New York (2008) - Charlie Kaufman
A theater director struggles with his work, and the women in his life, as he attempts to create a life-size replica of New York inside a warehouse as part of his new play.
The White Ribbon (2009) - Michael Haneke
Strange events happen in a small village in the north of Germany during the years just before World War I, which seem to be ritual punishment. The abused and suppressed children of the villagers seem to be at the heart of this mystery.
Disclaimer: This has subtitles.

that new movie coming out called horrible bosses is alot like strangers on a train

can't decide between synecdohe, NY or strangers on a train. Phillip seymour hoffman is the man. Always thought he could do a good penguin in batman

that new movie coming out called horrible bosses is alot like strangers on a train

can't decide between synecdohe, NY or strangers on a train. Phillip seymour hoffman is the man. Always thought he could do a good penguin in batman

Back
Top Bottom