Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sausage Party

6.5/8

The vulgarity was expected but damn did it get kind of raunchy too, still pretty hilarious through out though

Also wasn't expecting all the messages in the film too and it did become a lil too preachy at times, which is pretty ironic once you see the movie and know what I'm talking about

Probably be a 8/8 if I went to go see it on some substances

Last edited:
pennywise-ew-00054120.jpg

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/16/pennywise-costume-stephen-king-it-movie

Love the idea of Gone Girl as a horror film, but sorry, NOTHING is more terrifying than Knock Knock. I didn't sleep for a week. That film scares the **** outta me. Eli Roth is an evil, twisted individual.

still on my to watch list. need to get to it.

Top 5 horror films? Mah god, the mental anguish trying to narrow down to a list that small. I think I'll just list the ones I enjoy the most and can still watch at any time. Not necessarily in order:

The Shining
28 Days Later
The Descent
Let the Right One In
Halloween

Recently, It Follows and the Witch are a couple of my favorites of the past few years of any genre. But I'm not sure they crack my top 5 yet. For shock horror, Salo (120 Days of Sodom) wasn't the most pleasing view, or even enjoyable, but the impact and lasting hopelessness feeling I was left with was one of a kind. Truly a terrifying horror exemplifying the cruelty of man.

If comedy/horror counts, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland are up there for me, same with Cabin in the Woods. Some of the less funny, but more satirical or dark humor films like Scream and Evil Dead (OG, not the also-good remake) made some big marks that can't be overlooked.

Did not enjoy the Babadook. Wanted the kid to die at every turn.

Comedy horror top 5

Shaun of the dead
Evil dead 2
Scary movie
Childs play
What we do in the shadows

Sausage Party

6.5/8

The vulgarity was expected but damn did it get kind of raunchy too, still pretty hilarious through out though

Also wasn't expecting all the messages in the film too and it did become a lil too preachy at times, which is pretty ironic once you see the movie and know what I'm talking about

Probably be a 8/8 if I went to go see it on some substances

agree on the numerical rating. didnt find it too preachy though. was super surprised by the content though. anyone that brings a kid in needs a visit by child services

Ah how could I forget What We Do... That's such a brilliant comedy.

Also forgot to mention some classics like Psycho and Night of the Living Dead. Such groundbreaking films, that while not really scary by today's standards, are such beautifully shot and told stories.

Top 5 horror films? Mah god, the mental anguish trying to narrow down to a list that small. I think I'll just list the ones I enjoy the most and can still watch at any time. Not necessarily in order:

The Shining
28 Days Later
The Descent
Let the Right One In
Halloween

Recently, It Follows and the Witch are a couple of my favorites of the past few years of any genre. But I'm not sure they crack my top 5 yet. For shock horror, Salo (120 Days of Sodom) wasn't the most pleasing view, or even enjoyable, but the impact and lasting hopelessness feeling I was left with was one of a kind. Truly a terrifying horror exemplifying the cruelty of man.

If comedy/horror counts, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland are up there for me, same with Cabin in the Woods. Some of the less funny, but more satirical or dark humor films like Scream and Evil Dead (OG, not the also-good remake) made some big marks that can't be overlooked.

Did not enjoy the Babadook. Wanted the kid to die at every turn.

Conjuring 1 and 2 were better than all of that stuff you listed. (well, outside of Halloween maybe)

Shining wasn't really a horror film to me. It was more of a psychological thriller, imo.

The use of colors in the film is incredible.

Last edited:
28 Days Later has a special place in my heart. It's what I want my "infected" to be like every time I go see a zombie movie.

man it's nuts seeing that list and being reminded of the actual year some of those movies came out :lol:

I disagree with more movies getting bronze instead of silver than silver not getting gold.

To me of his choices 2005 is the weakest year. His 2011 I haven't seen one of the films. '94 is the strongest :pimp:

Wow I really did not like Sausage Party, seriously.
So disappointed.

Barely laughed.
A few of the metaphors aware funny but overall I was :stoneface: throughout the whole thing especially the end, just way too much.

This is one of those rare times that rotten tomatoes and word of mouth let me down big time, one of my least favorite Seth Rogen films honestly. :smh:

4/8 and that's generous for me, I really barely laughed and I laugh at most of Rogen's humor.
I felt really uncomfortable watching tbh and I just wanted it to end, people around me in the theater were barely laughing too. Lots of people legit left before it even ended, I think most of us were similarly disappointed and thrown off.

Did not get the hype.:smh:

Memories of Murder at #1 for '03 :pimp: No criticism from me with that. Best Korean movie I've ever seen, possibly best Asian movie overall.

Back
Top Bottom