Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Disappointed that Coogler isn't returning, but I'm sure he's concerned with new projects. Stallone would be my next choice for the sequel, so it works out.

mildly surprised at star trek discovery. it's pretty good so far.
watched the first episode of inhumans and that was horrible. lockjaw looked kinda cool. a huge amount of the scenes were filmed right down the street from my apartment and right next to my wife's workplace.

We all love the 1995 movie Heat.

In the script Michael Mann issued online, both are supposed to say: "I wouldn't like it" of some variation about ruining the others scheme/livelihood.

Except in the actual scene De Niro skips right over it. Doesn't actually say he wouldn't like it. I just thought it to be an interesting omission from the Mann script when manifested in the actual scene. And we all know what happens in the end.

HANNA (Pacino): We're sitting here like a couple regular fellas. You do what you do. I do what I gotta do. What happens if I am there and I got to put you away? (pause) I won't like it. But, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're going to make into a widow, brother, you are gonna go down. 'Cause you don't have to be there. You coulda gone and been a... a mailman.

NEIL (De Niro): There's a flip side to that coin. What if you got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? (beat) 'Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. (beat) But now that we been face to face, I would not feel good about that. But I won't hesitate. Not for one second.

I find Heat incredibly overrated and not a classic at all.

I don't even like ot the more I think about it.

Last edited:
I like Heat and it has classic scenes like the restaurant scene and the bank robbery scene but it's pretty boring at parts and too long.

I really would love a in depth discussion about that scene with Hank Azaria, Al Pacino, Wes Studi and Mykelti Williamson

I need to catch up on this thread.
Popped in to comment on Fleabag(Amazon Original)

Not sure why I've never started this.
I dig this kind of humor and the chick is a badass.
Ep1 was a mover. 100mph.
26minites of, from one situation to the next.
My girl has some issues but damn is she entertaining.
I can see why IMDB score is so high.
Definitely recommend.

I felt that Heat was the last film where both Pacino and De Niro lived up to their reputations as actors.

happy-36th-friday-the-13th-a-ranking-of-all-13-entries-in-the-legendary-horror-franchis-967967.gif

Back
Top Bottom