Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hacked or drunk.
I been on record as to not liking that movie.

I remember first time watching that flick not knowing anything about it and I couldn't finish it.

Gave it a second chance when I saw it was hype around it and really sat down and watched the whole thing and to me its still a bore and just not cohesive.

I don't get why so many love it. Average at best for me. Just does not rank.
Idris been in some duds of late with Gunslinger and now the mountain between us :lol:
Knew that wasn't gonna be good when I read the description of it.

Waste of Winslet and Idris.

He just needs some writer or director to just write that what if Stringer Bell lived movie. That's a classic gangsta/organized crime/corrupt businessman movie waiting to be made.

While we're on the topic of overrated films, I'd throw Place Beyond the Pines in that bucket.

Watched it again last night. Just hard to sit through.

I been on record as to not liking that movie.

I remember first time watching that flick not knowing anything about it and I couldn't finish it.

Gave it a second chance when I saw it was hype around it and really sat down and watched the whole thing and to me its still a bore and just not cohesive.

I don't get why so many love it. Average at best for me. Just does not rank.

Yeah, still goin with Drunk or Hacked.

First off, the story is dope. Insane action heist film.

The immortal pairing of Al and Bob for the first time. AT THEIR PEAK.

The cast. My God the cast.

Bob
Al
Val
Voight
Sizemore
Judd
Portman
Azaria
All State
Ted Levine
Trejo
Henry Rollins
Fichter
Tone Loc
Jeremy Piven
Xander Berkley
Amy Brennaman
Mann as the director

It's a friggin who's who of Hollywood all in one film, all in various stages of their careers. Piven was NOBODY back then, Portman a kid, etc. But every single face in that film is recognizable.

You have the unflinching crew that does their work like regular 9-5 criminals, every detail spelled out before hand. The hard *** cop trackin em, the EPIC shootout scene. (which did have a couple editing miscues, but nothing destructive)

The diner scene.

Average and not cohesive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, hacked or drunk. That film is CRACK.

Gonna get it I with Blade Runner and The Foreigner tomorrow 8)

Yeah, still goin with Drunk or Hacked.

First off, the story is dope. Insane action heist film.
Boring.

I really didn't like the story even though idea of what they were going for shoukd be good. Needed better execution.

[The immortal pairing of Al and Bob for the first time. AT THEIR PEAK. [/quote]
I dont know about at their peak for either but it is a shame Al and Bob haven't co-starred in more movies.

Lot of good actors in the cast but if the story aint ****, cast can only do so much.

The diner scene.

Average and not cohesive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, hacked or drunk. That film is CRACK.
The scenes ppl talk about. So ******* overrated.

Not hacked or drunk :lol:

This is not the first time I've said I don't mess with Heat qnd that I think its highly overrated.

img_2810-gif.1989129

The Foreigner 6.2/8

That was great. Dark story, Jackie Chan ninja lurking and prowling type action.

What I particularly liked about the story is it coukdve been so simple and straight forward. Basically copy Taken but no writers threw in some unexpected subplots and storylines and it completely paid off.

You expect the twist that Pierce's character is behind it all but his underboss betraying him, the female terrorist being insurance cuz she just there to bang dudes, then his wife, then that milf action with the wife and the nephew. Curveballs until the climax. Just a real fun and entertaining yet dark hunt down your enemy action flick.

I hope Jackie just keeps doing more of these movies before and after the next Rush Hour.

Blade Runner 2049 5/8. It was okay. Acting was on point. Gosling was on point. Rest of the cast did their thing for this very noir joint.

Main problem was this did not need to be almost 3 hrs. Even for this story being told. While the visuals probably are the best for a futuristic human society in this sci-fi setting I nodded off a bit for the 1st hour :lol: A rarity but this movie was telling me to take a nap.

Ford :pimp: movie stepped up when he showed up.

I actually like the baton passing of the storytelling here. This was agent K's story with him unraveling these mysteries and getting down to the truth while having a bad guy to face off against in the end but the transition to Decker was just nice. The end of the movie and story revelations clearly set up a sequel.

Hopefully next installment is a but tighter and engaging

Last edited:
The Foreigner 6.2/8

That was great. Dark story, Jackie Chan ninja lurking and prowling type action.

What I particularly liked about the story is it coukdve been so simple and straight forward. Basically copy Taken but no writers threw in some unexpected subplots and storylines and it completely paid off.

You expect the twist that Pierce's character is behind it all but his underboss betraying him, the female terrorist being insurance cuz she just there to bang dudes, then his wife, then that milf action with the wife and the nephew. Curveballs until the climax. Just a real fun and entertaining yet dark hunt down your enemy action flick.

I hope Jackie just keeps doing more movies before and after the next Rush Hour.

Blade Runner 2049 5/8. It was okay. Acting was on point. Gosling was on point. Rest of the cast did their thing for this very noir joint.

Main problem was this did not need to be almost 3 hrs. Even for this story being told. While the visuals probably are the best for a futuristic human society in this sci-fi setting I nodded off a bit for the 1st hour :lol: A rarity but this movie was telling me to take a nap.

Ford :pimp: movie stepped up when he showed up.

I actually like the baton passing of the storytelling here. This was agent K's story with him unraveling these mysteries and getting down to the truth while having a bad guy to face off against in the end but the transition to Decker was just nice. The end of the movie and story revelations clearly set up a sequel.

Hopefully next installment is a but tighter and engaging
The double toasted guys also said they could have done without the first hour too.

Caught the White Famous pilot. Wanna like it but it's trying too hard. So many MFs in one episode, I believe every character said it. His babymama bad though.

I really thought The Foreigner was just going to be Chan's Taken but I'm very intrigued now.
Yeah as far as his story, it somewhat is with a slight twist in the end but the movie itself is more than that.

They nicely merged 2 possible movies together.

Back
Top Bottom