Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Fools. Also I think the magical beard has to do with Twitter gif compression. There was a cool thread on it awhile back on twitter.

its weird, some people really do hate that dude

my main homie holds a grudge against him because of that South Park/ Scientology protest years ago

i understand though, im the same about Mark Whalberg. ill download his stuff but refuse to support them at the box office

stemming back to him throwing rocks at black school children walking to school and beating an old asian man, then looking the judge in the face saying id do it again at his sentencing.

only years later to have never reached out or apologized because as he put it “enough time has passed”

yeah, **** that guy

its weird, some people really do hate that dude

my main homie holds a grudge against him because of that South Park/ Scientology protest years ago

i understand though, im the same about Mark Whalberg. ill download his stuff but refuse to support them at the box office

stemming back to him throwing rocks at black school children walking to school and beating an old asian man, then looking the judge in the face saying id do it again at his sentencing.

only years later to have never reached out or apologized because as he put it “enough time has passed”

yeah, **** that guy

Nah its f Mark Wahlburger.

tony_montana_monogram_wallpaper.png

I don't understand why this is even happening :lol:

Isle of Dogs 6.5/8 - The animation and the voice acting was perfect. Top 3 Wes Anderson film for me.

I thought Isle of Dogs was just okay. The story for me was a little blah, but I've only seen it once and usually Wes Anderson's movies grow on me the more I watch them.

Repulsion (1965), not a big fan. I don't think I've seen a Polanski movie before today. I don't think I need to see another one either. It's got decent camera work but it's not very gripping in any other aspect

Also currently watching Scenes from a Marriage (1973), I'm only three episodes in but I absolutely love it. I love Tarantino's dialogue in movies because of how quick witted it is but if you're looking for humanistic and compelling dialogue, watch Bergman.

I think Tom Cruise has been consistently not crazy for long enough that we can all collectively forget how weird he was for awhile.

I think I saw the 1932 when I was much younger, so I would need a refresher to be 100%, but I feel like it's good too. Not as good as De Palma's, but still okay.

I just can't picture what this movie is even like today. I don't know if this type of movie fits with todays mainstream movie goers

I think Tom Cruise has been consistently not crazy for long enough that we can all collectively forget how weird he was for awhile.
My whole thing is I didnt even mind that he is crazy. It wasn't like obvious murderous crazy. Didnt even seem like ominous Scientology crazy.

More of the permanently jacked up on coke crazy.

I found it entertaining.

Nah its f Mark Wahlburger.

Yep ... That piece of s****e really had the balls to lobby to get his record expunged too

I love Boston (sports teams aside :lol: went to school/lived/work there for years) but it has its fair share of racist townie trash, him inc luded

that story in going clear about cruise having the CoS provide hi m w/ a gf after he split w/ katie holmes was pretty crazy but he doesnt seem like an evil guy, just nuts

he certainly doesnt exude malevolence like that miscavich (sp?) guy

way late to the party but i watched infinity war yesterday. so much to unpack about how i feel. boil it down and it's just one long fight scene and that was initially disappointing. the scale of the movie was pretty great though and brilliance of how they pulled the marvel universe together was amazing. acting remains really good and brolin's thanos is actually really good. i wish i saw it in the theaters. 6.4/8

and yeah, eff marky mark.

Coming to America, Boomerang, & Harlem Nights is the holy trinity of comedic movies for me... He's done a lot of slop since then, but Eddie doesn't get enough credit for these movies. They were seminal flicks... CoA has so many little nuggets like The Duke bros (from Trading Places) & The King using the same dialogue of Darth Vader... I just introduced these flicks to my 14 yr old son & he howled with laughter at so many scenes... I was so proud of him.

The scene where Stallone and Sandra Bullock "have sex" was the only thing I remembered about Demolition Man. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom