Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Working from home today & have the TV for ambient company. Hot Rod is on one of the pay channels (with Andy Samberg). Most of the SNL comics are really talented but why do a bulk of their alumni make such terrible movies? Most of them a B, C, & D quality movies.

Like I consider Eddie Murphy's Harlem Nights, Boomerang, & Coming To America as the absolute creme de la creme of the movies SNL alumni have done (Trading Places too). I consider How I Married An Axe Murder to be average. This Hot Rod is really really really bad. So that's my personal grading - measurement of movies from SNL alumn. Just had to put this out there...

Last edited:
Broooo just you mentioning that biker gang episode made me wanna rewatch the whole series of True Detective. I’m on episode 2 right now :lol:

Top 5 in no order:

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Season 1 True Detective
Band of Brothers
The Sopranos

Where in the hell is The Wire? :nerd:

Mission Impossible: Fallout 7.6/8

This was great. One of the best action movies of the past 10 years.

I noticed it had some elements from the best Will Smith and Jackie Chan action movies. While remaining a great MI movie.

I just started the wire about a month ago. I finished season 1. It might pass up sopranos one day when I’m finished, but as of now I can’t put it on any list until it’s completed.

Season 1 was amazing though

I'm jealous. I'd give anything to have 4 seasons of the Wire to watch :nthat:

Watched this. Saw it in Barnes & Nobles but watched it on youtube

20180723_174323_HDR.jpg

Joint was weird/kindve off but i digg it. I could tell it was slept on back in the day only brought in 2.9M
Heres the wiki for it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimes_of_Passion_(1984_film)

Some of you older heads probably seen it already since it released in '84. Cathleen Turner was fye

The Spy Who Dumped Me 5.8/8

It was entertaining. A lot of Kate McKinnon humor so if you're a fan of here you'll like it a lot. It was funny enough for me.

Didnt expect some of the more gruesome action scenes in this though. Some of the pieces a bit more brutal than MI Fallout that i had saw earlier that day :lol:

It's a fun palette cleanser after seeing the epicness of Fallout.

Don't Worry He Won't Get Far On Foot 6.25/8 - Really well acted especially from Joaquin Phoenix and Jonah Hill. There was surprisingly a lot of laughs although I left the theater feeling depressed. I remember seeing John Callahan comics in Playboy magazine. Worth a matinee ticket.

Eh, that Unfriended movie isnt really a sequel as I understand it. More standalone. They just trying to establish a franchise.

As for D'Angelo, I dont ****ing get how this can be wearisome. See the movies you want to see, end of story. They're movies.

Imagine if ppl complained like this if Seinfeld, The Wire, and Breaking Bad had 2nd episodes.

Need more OG content.
Going to the movies is now like watching feature length episodes of a tv series.

Side note
Imagine if the entire MCU dropped back in 08. And u could binge watch all the films from Iron Man up to Infinity War

getback getback also, American Gods is damn close to beating out True Detective. Joint blew my mind man. The acting wasn’t very good but the story and cinematography was absolute flames.

Thoughts on the Equalizer? Feel like I need to catch this before Mission Impossible otherwise I may be disappointed.

Thoughts on the Equalizer? Feel like I need to catch this before Mission Impossible otherwise I may be disappointed.
It’s not worth seeing it at the theatre, but if you denzel and the 1st equalizer it’s worth it.

You Were Never Really There (2017), movie was solid. Like a good B+. The story was a little bland but I liked the stylistic choices made.

Nostalghia (1983), the last Tarkovsky I had to watch to complete his filmography, definitely my least favorite. His movies can be pretty taxing to watch, but this one especially was a little self absorbed for me.

War for the Planet of the Apes (2017), not so great. These new age Planet of the Apes are a little too on the nose for me. What with the Deray cameo and all I'm not really into it. I like the originals much more.

Last edited:
Crazy Stupid Love has one of the most underrated plot twists in movie history.

Try to tell me no.

Back
Top Bottom