Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Recent:

Good Time (2017), one of the better movies from last year. I wish I would have saw it in theaters. Twilight guy been in some solid flicks since his rise to stardom.

Masculin Feminin (1966), I don't think any one makes more stylish films than Godard. His movies are always extremely intriguing for me. I like Weekend more but this one is really good.

Deadpool 2, very good. I've been getting into David Foster Wallace lately and his thoughts on meta are interesting and I tend to agree with him but this movie does it really well.

Paterson (2016), eh. I'm not sure I'm the biggest Jarmusch fan. Dead Man was kinda boring to me too.

Tag, movie was way funnier than I thought it would be. Best part was the footage of the actual guys the story is based on.

Nice post... Love what I see so far. I swear Cuaron, Inarritu, & Guillermo del Toro are turning out such great great work... Viva La Mexico... :smokin

Not sure I can continue watching Shooter on tnt... It really gets on my nerve they keep calling him Bob Lee. Just call him Bobby or Bob... Bob Lee sounds so redneckish... Kinda makes me cringe... The name earl swagger too... Feel like I'm watching a movie about a secret right wing militia that were all formerly klansmen...

The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3/8 - This was borderline unwatchable for me and my nephew didn't enjoy it either. Background noise at best.

Great interview with Ken Jeong about his Hollywood experience & Crazy Rich Asians. So it's true, the last all Asian cast in a Hollywood release was Joy Luck Club. Me & the fam have our tix. Can't wait to see it this weekend. Inclusion & representation matters.

Do NOT Watch Crazy Rich Asians, ITS RACIST PROPAGANDA TRASH
crazy-rich-asians-in-theaters.jpg

Ok look. I'm an Asian guy, Korean to be exact but let me break down why this movie is trash and insidious.

Ok first off the source material (the book it's based on) is littered with anti-Asian / white worshipping ****, and basically this whole movie is just a gross display of WM/AF couples **** on Asian males once again. (The only love interest in the movie is, HEY SURPRISE, half white)

There's not one Asian male involved in this movie in terms of production and writing. All by racist Asian women who worship white men. I'm not kidding you, every Asian woman involved in this film is married to a White guy.

So as an Asian guy let me tell you by supporting this movie you are actively supporting white supremecy

CONSTANCE WU IS A BEDWENCH

KEN JEONG IS OUR UNKLE RUKUS

AND AWKWAFINA IS A DISGRACE TO HIP-HOP BY CALLING HER **** SONGS "RAP"

OK here's the ******* KICKER though. There is a line in the book where one of the main characters talks about her distaste for Asian men and her friends immediately dispute her, BUT they ACTIVELY chose to leave that part out of the movie, in my guess to take away attention from the fact that EVERY ******* WOMAN in this production of this film is married to a white guy. PRETTY ******* IRONIC HUH?

**** this movie. Us asians struggling out here, we ain't rich. this some ******** propoganda by white folk to create tension between minority communities

6/8 I liked the flick. Good to see a bunch of Asians up on the big screen. Kind of a retelling of Cinderella.

Soundtrack was dope. Singepore is a beatiuful city full of great architecture. Proly the best city & infrastructure one could build in modern times. The only criticism I have have the flick is the cinematography was very standard fare.

I felt like if they had a stellar DP, it would’ve given the flick much more umph.

Tomorrow night is Spike’s new jawn. Can’t wait!!!

Last edited:
So as an Asian guy let me tell you by supporting this movie you are actively supporting white supremecy

This some ******** propaganda by white folk to create tension between minority communities.

Solely based on the evidence the writer provided in this review, I find it extremely hard to co-sign these statements. Add my own personal views as a minority and I flat out disagree. I’m gonna have to see this movie. For the learning experience

I didn’t read the whole thing but I actually doubt an Asian person wrote that story. If they did, they live in a very myopic view of life. I didn’t read the whole post bcs it started sounding like BS...

Edit - A family aquantence posted this on IG. Why a movie like this is important in terms of inclusion & representation. She’s dressing up like a princess the way Constance Wu’s character was dressed.

Last edited:
Maaaaaan Master Zik Master Zik , I’m at ep 4 of Deep State & it’s boring... I’m invested at this point so I gotta find out how everything unfolds so I’ll finish it. I wish someone would double tap 2 in the back of the head of the cia lady. I find her very grating.

Maaaaaan Master Zik Master Zik , I’m at ep 4 of Deep State & it’s boring... I’m invested at this point so I gotta find out how everything unfolds so I’ll finish it. I wish someone would double tap 2 in the back of the head of the cia lady. I find her very grating.
Oh yes she is very much so :lol:

I dunno, for me I seemed to easily and seameslly get in to the plot. The stuff with the wife is ****ing boring so I was mainly focused on the main plot and the reasons for the betrayals and lies. Then the main bad guys and reason is revealed and to me its very plausible and real world like.

Anyone seen American Animals yet?
https://niketalk.com/threads/oh-im-...-thread-by-s-t.287925/page-2624#post-30165883

Last edited:
Anyone seen A Prayer Before Dawn?

Received really good reviews.

Saw it.

Such a good movie.

Definitely recommend y'all watch.

6.6/8 Man, I watched this just now & liked it a lot. Starred Joe Cole from Peaky Blinders who plays the the younger Shelby bro John.

Cole did a solid job of emotiting an unexpressed bubbling volcano of emotions as one writer from the UK Guardian put it.

Man, Thai prisons are noooooo joke. Using an actual prison & using actual prisoners & Mui Tai fighters gave this flick an amazingly gritty realism. Especially with the use of handheld camera. The movie had a great sound mix too that added to the grittiness. Had my surround sound bumping during the fight scenes.

Not the same film but was excited about having “discovered” this movie like Warrior & Drive. Highly recommend renting this movie from VOD...

Mission Impossible: Fallout 6.5/8 - It gets a little ridiculous towards the end but I had a great time. The IMF team members play off of each other perfectly.

I didn’t read the whole thing but I actually doubt an Asian person wrote that story. If they did, they live in a very myopic view of life. I didn’t read the whole post bcs it started sounding like BS...

Edit - A family aquantence posted this on IG. Why a movie like this is important in terms of inclusion & representation. She’s dressing up like a princess the way Constance Wu’s character was dressed.

Nah dude kept it 100 but happy the little girl got something out of it

You should read the whole thing

I was just thinking about this today. I'm glad this movie was made. As an Asian dude, we didn't have role models in pop culture. That's why a lot of Asians gravitated towards hip-hop and black culture. They were the only minority group that were considered cool. It was doctor or bust for us. I haven't seen the movie yet but when i saw the main lead was half white I just couldn't help but be disappointed. Again. Even when they try and tell our story they just can't go all the way. It's the same reason Eddie Huang started bashing Fresh Off the Boat. Why attempt to represent Asian culture when you're going to take bits and pieces of out? Baby steps, I get it, but ****'s just really getting old |l

7/8 Blackkklansman was a solid solid movie. I think it was Master Zik Master Zik who said something like Spike should proly lay off writing & just direct. Jordan Peele did an excellent job with the script & Spike showed his deft touch hasn’t been lost to bring a great story to life.

I almost thought he wasn’t going to do his famous dolly shot but he got it in there. Using the Charlottesville & the dotard in chief footage at the end was magnificently appropriate. Then using Prince’s Mary Don’t You Weep to cleanse the soul after watching the VA footage & the dotard speak was very appropriate.

Kudos to John David Washington. He was perfect for this role. Cool to see Spike use Denzel’s son to tell another one of his stories after the synergy they built together with Mo Better Blues, Malcolm X, Inside Man.

He’s hilarious in Ballers so it will be cool to see his career take off.

Last edited:
Crazy Rich Asians 6/8

This was really Asian at parts. I could only relate or be aware of so much only socializing with Asian Americans in nyc.

I really dug the movie for what it was simply cuz I rarely come across anything specifically like it. Plenty romcoms out there but this is the first completely Asian romcom I've ever seen. It was really good.

I came in thinking this was a full on comedy but its not. This is basically a female led romcom. The Asian men are mostly eye candy or comedy relief. Its not balanced in that respect but hey I've spoken on the lack of positive male Asian presence in movies and at the very least this displays a few as desired and sought after which never happens in American movies. Some were actually portrayed as sex symbols.

The story was pretty strong plot wise. Well written with good pacing. These genres follow a formula and this does but man I wasnt expecting that reveal about Rachel's mom. I thought the mom did her worse but she brought grandma in to it and it just got ****ed up.

The subplot with fine *** Gemma Chan's character Astrid was just super sad. The movie almost endee super sad but came through with the last min predictable plane scene happy ending.

Mile 22 4.8/8

Overall I wasnt feeling most of this. I dont know what Berg was doing with some of these camera scenes and angles. Just bothered me.

Wahlberg coasted in a type that comes easy to him. Character was just a plain a-hole but it worked.

The action was good and the main mission kept me engaged though. The little bits that they used my boy from The Raid in were some of the best parts of the movie.

Off jump, I knew and it was pretty obvious the opening Overwatch mission was a chekov's gun and these Russian's dont play. I assume a sequel cuz they didn't even kill the main guy. Also wish they showed what happened to shorty on the plane and the plane and how dude escaped.

Back
Top Bottom