Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I always tell my friends with kids to watch that movie.
Kevin was a wild boy.
This scene:rofl:
UEK8W.gif

enjoyed the movie. Jojo Rabbit was funny but also really sad

group sitting in front was texting on their phone. didn't know they brought their kids at the time, but had to tell them to turn off the phone since it was distracting af. parents should've either not bring their kids if they cant sit through a movie or at the very least tell them not to use their phone

Last edited:
Zombieland 2: Double tap 5.7/8

This was funx good, and just plain entertaining.

I read it somewhere and somebody said Emma Stone seems totally over this and above it :lol: That's really how her performance came off. The role seemed small and limited when you look at the actor she has developed in to.

There were also some nitpicky nonsense scenarios where characters shouldve died or got bitten; 20 stories up dropping laundry machines and other other heavy equipment with pinpoint accuracy?, getting swarmed by that horde of zombies and nobody even gets bitten by all thkse T-800s

Middleditch was funny along with Wilson. They really should've had a mirror for Emma's character.

Loving how Rosario is aging. Been wondering how things would go for those it girls like her and Heather Graham.

The Current War 5.6/8

The only reason i can think it has such low a RT score is cuz of the break neck sleed pacing it has for the first 40 min. They were bit getting in to any details or explaining anything or giving any kind of exposition. They treated Edison, Tesla, and Westinghouse like they were household names and we already knew a good deal about them :lol:

However as expected, Cumberbatch and Shannon were great.

Plus the score for this film like I already mentioned was great.

Jojo Rabbit 6.3/8

This was such a heartfelt funny depressing flick

JoJo was real naive, hilarious and adorable. The movie also showed a dark side to this is what it was like for the Hitler youth. Their minds were poisoned so ofcourse Jews become the boogeyman and Hitler is his imaginary best friend.

Things really turned after the grenade accident and discoveing his mom was harboring a Jewish girl. Jojo's revulsion to crush was funny and relatable. Kid is a good actor. His fat friend brought the lulz as well

ScarJo, Rockwell, Reek, Wilson were all good. Taika as Hitler was ridiculous :lol:

Movie was too good. Top notch satire.

Here's my picks I wasn't participating and I missed most of the individuals but here you go anyway lol.

Sports-- O.J. Made in America
Drama-- Zero Dark Thirty
Comedy-- The Nice Guys
Horror/Thriller-- The Witch
Crime-- The Drop
Sci-Fi-- Annihilation
Action-- Mad Max Fury Road (could've been a Drama I guess)
Western-- The Hateful Eight
Comics-- Thor: Ragnorok
Utility-- If Beale Street Could Talk (idk what Utility means in the context just threw in a dope flick)

So you're saying Parasite is better than Memories? I need to know, because Memories of Murder is still my favorite Korean film, and in my top 3 ever without having to think about it.

Mother is also amazing; I feel like Mother is his most underrated film and something that any fan of Bong's or Korean film in general should see.

Its close and I should probably rewatch Memories before coming to a final decision, but I think Parasite tops it for me. I prefer the black comedy tone of Parasite more than the police procedural of Memories. With that said, Parasite still features some of the most tense sequences in any Bong film and that ending is....something. I'll just leave it at that for now :lol:

Memories will always be one of the GOATs for this though
giphy.gif

Here's my picks I wasn't participating and I missed most of the individuals but here you go anyway lol.

Sports-- O.J. Made in America
Drama-- Zero Dark Thirty
Comedy-- The Nice Guys
Horror/Thriller-- The Witch
Crime-- The Drop
Sci-Fi-- Annihilation
Action-- Mad Max Fury Road (could've been a Drama I guess)
Western-- The Hateful Eight
Comics-- Thor: Ragnorok
Utility-- If Beale Street Could Talk (idk what Utility means in the context just threw in a dope flick)
Nice list.

Mad Max to me could only be slotted in action as another option.

Need to see The Witch (especially after seeing The Lighthouse).

Forgot about the Nice Guys. Black delievered with that.

Weakest choice was The Drop for crime. Just overall wasnt that good. I thought Hardy would show out.

Last edited:

I keep coming back to this show. I’m pretty sure it was a 1 season deal, but I def could watch more. Learned so much more on rewatches. Love coming back to things later and finding new meaning in things based on my personal life changes. Gangster Owen one of my fav characters ever :lol:

Ok, so here's part of the issue why we're in a holding pattern for right now. The Cali power outtages are hindering our Mods a bit in terms of being able to work on the OP for us. So I don't want to press them, let's be patient, everyone work on their Boards, and when they get a chance, they'll set us up. I slotted Post #45 as the one they can move, I'm sure it'll happen shortly, but again, I don't want to push people that are dealin with real life stuff, ya know?

I will advise everyone when we are set up.

When are we supposed to be starting this? Not waiting for the decade to come to a close?

Back
Top Bottom